• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Personally I don't understand why Dark types are weak to Bug... It doesn't make any sense to me. :x I guess Sebbaiz's reasoning does sort of make sense, but I think 'Dark' more means evil or bad rather than referring to light, doesn't it? Since half the moves are things like Thief or Beat Up... I dunno, I could be wrong or it could even be both haha. But yeah, I see no logical reason that Bug types would be strong against it. If they are referring to Dark as night/darkness then surely either Electric or Fire type attacks should be good against it too as they're able to illuminate the darkness?

Kota889

He who dwells in the Shadows
Years
Username: Kota889
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Their moves are cool, and most of them look awesome as well. I can't really find a dark pokemon I don't like.
Your partners: Umbreon, and Krookodile
What Types rule: Dark types, duh.

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
Years
Username: Google2.0
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They're awesome
Your partners: Umbreon
What type rule: I'll take a guess and say: dark type ;)

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Zayphora

Dark types are well...dark! They are in my opinion the more creative of many Poke's and they have awesome moves. I also think it's funny that they're weak to Bug. Just because you're scary doesn't mean you can't be scared.Also I have a crazy theory that the Veil actually leads to the Distortion World and this is supported by the fact that there is a little black dog in almost every gen. Yay!

Partners are Mighteyena and Zoroark

DAARRRKKK TYYYYYPPPPESSS RUUUUUUUUULLLLEEEEEEEE

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Welcome to both new members! I'll add you to the list on AW's behalf in a few hours when I return c:

So we need a new topic in here for some new discussion! I know this has been discussed before waaaaay in the past, but a lot of members haven't had a chance to discuss it yet, so it's a simple one for now!

What is your favourite Dark type Pokemon & why?

For me, it's a really hard choice, but I think it has to be Sneasel. Sneasel is utterly adorable at the same time as being a vicious beast. It could rip you to shreds in seconds if you wanted to and with its huge speed, it'd have no problem catching its prey. It's a truly unique and very interesting Pokemon to use, so it earns its place as my #1 Dark type. c:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Do you really think Dark types should be immune to Psychic?

If you have a dark mind, no one can able to interpret it. Like a thief in the night.

It's been long...

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
Username: TheFallenUmbreon
What I think about Dark-types: I just love their moves and stealth. It's hard for me to find a least favorite dark-type, but I prefer the defensive types.
Partner/s: Umbreon
Which types rule: Dark types. I don't really know why we have to answer this lol

Kota889

Years
Welcome to both new members! I'll add you to the list on AW's behalf in a few hours when I return c:

So we need a new topic in here for some new discussion! I know this has been discussed before waaaaay in the past, but a lot of members haven't had a chance to discuss it yet, so it's a simple one for now!

For me, it's a really hard choice, but I think it has to be Sneasel. Sneasel is utterly adorable at the same time as being a vicious beast. It could rip you to shreds in seconds if you wanted to and with its huge speed, it'd have no problem catching its prey. It's a truly unique and very interesting Pokemon to use, so it earns its place as my #1 Dark type. c:

Hmm, well i'd say this is pretty obvious for me. No? Not obvious, well then let me spell it out for ya,

Umbreon.

Why? Well, it's a mix of nostalgia and the sheer awesomeness of dark pokemon. I'll spare you guys the long nostalgia story bit though.

A few other reasons why he's my favorite-
He can tear you to pieces with dark attacks. Dark pulse for example, (favorite dark type move by the way), and it's synchronize ability always comes in handy against any opponent using status moves against you. It can use a variety of attacks, (psychic, ghost, dark, even iron tail.) and handle any pokemon pretty well, even fighting pokemon if it knows a psychic move. In short, umbreon isn't going down easy in a fight if ya train it right and give it the right moves. It doesn't have many weaknesses other than Fighting and Bug, but it can handle those two types pretty well in a fight. It can even heal itself in a fight using Moonlight.

Umbreon = #1 dark pokemon in my book. Hope I don't need to explain more.

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
Hmm, well i'd say this is pretty obvious for me. No? Not obvious, well then let me spell it out for ya,

Umbreon.

Why? Well, it's a mix of nostalgia and the sheer awesomeness of dark pokemon. I'll spare you guys the long nostalgia story bit though.

A few other reasons why he's my favorite-
He can tear you to pieces with dark attacks. Dark pulse for example, (favorite dark type move by the way), and it's synchronize ability always comes in handy against any opponent using status moves against you. It can use a variety of attacks, (psychic, ghost, dark, even iron tail.) and handle any pokemon pretty well, even fighting pokemon if it knows a psychic move. In short, umbreon isn't going down easy in a fight if ya train it right and give it the right moves. It doesn't have many weaknesses other than Fighting and Bug, but it can handle those two types pretty well in a fight. It can even heal itself in a fight using Moonlight.

Umbreon = #1 dark pokemon in my book. Hope I don't need to explain more.
Good point of view there! Umbreon is also high in defense and can turn into an annoying brick wall for your opponent!

Kota889

Years
Yep, I guess your right. I just never really think about defense that much.

CyanFlame

Gotta get the sauce
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2012
Username:
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They are mysterious and that makes them awesome
Your partners: (Up to two) Deino (A Female named Egg)
What Types rule: Dark-Types Rule!

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Dark types RULE! I want to join this!

Username: TheGr8
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I love most dark types, I have always taken a liking to them especially because they usually are very powerful yet mysterious.
Your partners: Crawdaunt, Scrafty
What Types rule: DARK TYPESSSSS all day! I have so many favorites :D

Klinklang5

Bowties are Cool
Years
Username: Klinklang5
What I Think About Dark-Types: Most of them are cool both move-wise and in appearance.
Partners: Hydreigon and Scrafty
What Types Rule: Hmmm, Dark-Types?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Zayphora

Dark types are well...dark! They are in my opinion the more creative of many Poke's and they have awesome moves. I also think it's funny that they're weak to Bug. Just because you're scary doesn't mean you can't be scared.Also I have a crazy theory that the Veil actually leads to the Distortion World and this is supported by the fact that there is a little black dog in almost every gen. Yay!

Partners are Mighteyena and Zoroark

DAARRRKKK TYYYYYPPPPESSS RUUUUUUUUULLLLEEEEEEEE

Username: Klinklang5
What I Think About Dark-Types: Most of them are cool both move-wise and in appearance.
Partners: Hydreigon and Scrafty
What Types Rule: Hmmm, Dark-Types?

Username: TheFallenUmbreon
What I think about Dark-types: I just love their moves and stealth. It's hard for me to find a least favorite dark-type, but I prefer the defensive types.
Partner/s: Umbreon
Which types rule: Dark types. I don't really know why we have to answer this lol

Username:
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They are mysterious and that makes them awesome
Your partners: (Up to two) Deino (A Female named Egg)
What Types rule: Dark-Types Rule!

Dark types RULE! I want to join this!

Username: TheGr8
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I love most dark types, I have always taken a liking to them especially because they usually are very powerful yet mysterious.
Your partners: Crawdaunt, Scrafty
What Types rule: DARK TYPESSSSS all day! I have so many favorites :D

I've officially returned! Thanks to Alex for all the help. And I'm glad to see this place didn't die while I was gone.

Welcome all of you I'll update the list in a bit.

CyanFlame

Gotta get the sauce
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2012

For some reason, it was Deino when I first laid eyes on it. It's adorable! How could you not love it?
Spoiler:

TheAC29

A new adventure begins now
Years
Username: TheAC29
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think the designs of each Dark-Type Pokemon made it like not being seen during the dark like that and it's awesome to have a Dark-Type Pokemon :)
Your partners: Weavile and Absol
What Types rule: Dark-Type of course :D

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Username: TheAC29
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think the designs of each Dark-Type Pokemon made it like not being seen during the dark like that and it's awesome to have a Dark-Type Pokemon :)
Your partners: Weavile and Absol
What Types rule: Dark-Type of course :D

Welcome to the club TheAC29! I'll add you as soon as I get back from lunch with my friend.

GhostRyan

The Haunted Guy
Years
Username: GhostRyan
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think of Dark types as the fearsome, cunning Pokemon, the smartest of all types (Take THAT Psychic types)
Your partners: Absol and Houndoom
What Types rule: Dark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back