• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Dynamic Overworld Palettes

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 4, 2023
all my pokemon have the wrong palette at the move deleter and possibly other places too, these are standard gen 3 pokemon that haven't been altered on a fairly clean firered 1.0 rom

other than that good job, but can we get an update to fix this one

Edit: I just removed the dynamic palettes and its fixed so this was definitely the problem

Years
Would this work for the PC boxes too?
'Cause you know, we can't use generation VI icons because of their palettes, which have to come out of 3 fixed palettes.
Will we be able to use the original generation VI style icons with this hack?

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
'Cause you know, we can't use generation VI icons because of their palettes, which have to come out of 3 fixed palettes.

Sadly no, because the boxes and cursors as well as the existing 3 palettes take up all of the palettes afaik.

Years
Edit: I just removed the dynamic palettes and its fixed so this was definitely the problem
Oh ****, good catch!
I'm definitely going to have a look at that and fix it as soon as I can. I was planning to clean up the code a bit anyway, so I'll probably do both things at once. Anyhow, thanks for reporting!

Like MrDollSteak said, that won't work unfortunately. I do actually think that some palette slots are unused in the Pokémon menu and the PC boxes, however they would only suffice for the 6 Pokémon in your party at best. Considering a box on the PC can hold up to 30 Pokémon, there's just no way to give each icon its own palette.

Years
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to drop by and let you know that I've finally fixed the Move Deleter bug where the Pokémon icon had the wrong palette. (Thanks again for reporting, random321!)

If you used the patch to insert it, you can simply redownload it and apply the new patch on your ROM, you don't need to remove it first. If you inserted it using the Python script, you can download the updated source code here and follow the instructions of the ReadMe like last time.

As always, if you find any bugs that could be a result of this hack, feel free to post them here.

Sensual

This should be good.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Awesome patch, but i have data written to xf00000 already. What program can I use to edit the linker file?

Sensual

This should be good.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Ok, so another question. I'm not very savvy when it comes to Python.

I edited the linker file, moved the rom to the 'Build' folder and executed the Insert script, but nothing seems to happen? I've added the variables to my path as well. Am I doing something wrong?

0hfT0Nh.png

Years
Running the insertion script from within the Python interpreter is a little cumbersome. The way I meant for it to be run is to simply double-click on the file. If that doesn't work for you, it could mean that .py files are not associated with Python on your system, so you should consider reinstalling it.

Another way would be to hold shift and right click somewhere in the Source folder, select "Open command window here" and run the following line:
Code:
"C:\your path\python.exe" Insert.py

Sensual

This should be good.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Hmm, I'm at a loss. I tried that method with both Python2 and Python3 and I'm getting this error.

vAiLKTg.png

Sorry to keep bothering you with this, but any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Sensual

This should be good.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
That worked. Thanks so much for all your help Navenatox!

Years
Update:

• Fixed a bug that occured when a tiny or extra large shadow appeared on screen.
  • Fixed a bug that occured when using doanimation 0x1E (fly animation).
  • Removed a few byte casts so you can use more than 256 NPC palettes (you might have to repoint the palette table though).
To insert, just redownload and apply over your existing ROM.

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
Years
Update:

• Fixed a bug that occured when a tiny or extra large shadow appeared on screen.
  • Fixed a bug that occured when using doanimation 0x1E (fly animation).
  • Removed a few byte casts so you can use more than 256 NPC palettes (you might have to repoint the palette table though).
To insert, just redownload and apply over your existing ROM.

THANK YOU! No. 2 happened to be driving me nuts. Happy to see this is still in development.

Back