• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monkey Business, NU

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
Years
hai gais this is my current offensive team that helps me wreck people in pokemon-online in usually less than 3 minutes because I like to keep the battles short and to the point. (and stall sucks lol hi ginger elf)

So how does it work? Primeape, Medicham, Entei and Espeon are the hard hitters:

Medicham is the best wall breaker, and the priority helps a lot against fragile faster pokes, and wasting Rain Dance / Sunny Day / Trick Room turns with Fake Out.
Primeape is usually saved for later when it can sweep with CC. U-turn is the most important move for a lead imo. Ice Punch deals with Gligar and Drifblim.
Entei and Espeon are NU suspects for a good reason.
Entei hits hard with FlareBlitz, but I like it more for the Extremespeed, which helps weakening or finishing off faster sweepers. I'd use Jolly, but I can't. ;{ HP grass is for Quagsire, if he decides to show up.
Espeon is firing Psychic everywhere. Baton Pass to escape Pursuit and to scout. HP ground for Magneton and other steels.

To counter the majority of the NU threats, I have these two:

Quagsire says hai to Relicanth and Kingler. Tauros can be annoying at times, but it usually does a good job scaring it off. Encore is always fun to stop sweepers and it ensures safer switch ins, also being unexpected when I already have an Encore user.
Shuckle is kinda like the scapegoat of this team. I couldn't find anything better that uses Stealth Rock (or Spikes) and counters most special attacks. Encore here is for obvious reasons. Toxic is very useful here. I found myself a couple of times toggling with Quaggy and Shuckle while the opponent couldn't break through. kekeke

Of course I have several problems with this team.. the main issue is a good opponent with Toxic Spikes. Shuckle is the pokemon I'm willing to give up on if you have any suggestion.

If someone wants to help me perfect this team, VM me or something so we can discuss it! =)

Enjoi your aids x)

57.gif

Primeape (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

308.png

Medicham (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pure Power
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spd
- Fake Out
- Brick Break
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt

213.gif

Shuckle (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Gluttony
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Encore
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

195.gif

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Recover
- Encore

244.png

Entei @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- ExtremeSpeed
- Hidden Power [Grass]

196.gif

Espeon (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Baton Pass

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
The only real issue i can see is entry hazards really massacre this team. They basically stop your entire team functioning, Primape/Espeon cant spam U-Turn/BP with Spikes up (from what i have seen those lead Sash Qwilfish/Glalie are getting rather common, even 1 layer of Spikes + SR hurts this team), Entie and Shuckle are both SR weak.

You could drop Medicham for Hitmonchan who can run a similar set like this

Hitmonchan@Life Orb
48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
Trait : Iron Fist
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch / Mach Punch
- Stone Edge

This will help support your team a little more whilst still doing respectable damage thanks to Iron Fist and can Spin when needed, kinda like LO Starmie.

EDIT :

And Entei + Espeon are now banned http://z6.invisionfree.com/Project_NU/index.php?showtopic=246&view=findpost&p=3301535 so you could replace Entie with Skuntank to alleviate your T-Spikes weak i guess lol. Jynx is the obvious Espeon replacement as the dominant psychic type now.

Last edited:

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
Years
It still loses to Toxic Spikes since it doesn't have rest.
I don't care much about Spikes / SR because it's very hard for the opponent to set them up, since he will probably lose that pokemon in the process. The real problem is Toxic Spikes that does continuous damage. Besides, Hitmonchan is a lot fragile than Medicham and lacks the power to really destroy walls. I was more looking for a Shuckle replacement.

Thanks anyway.

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
Years
for Shuckle, might I suggest this set? it is a little more offensive and will give a serious (oh $4!^) factor to it

Wrap
Encore
Power trick
Rock Slide

swap Wrap or Rock Slide for any attack you want, but this is the main idea, Encore a non-attack like SR, then Wrap them so they can't escape (or vice-versa) then, power trick and rock slide, they will be scared out of their wits, 220 base attack?! now that's a force to be reconed with...

also, perhaps Whiscash over Quagsire? either one works, but Quagsire is a better Anti-Kyogre, while Whiscash has better stats - just think, there are 3 Water/Ground Pokemon in NU, and consider them all wisely
(i'm not just saying Whiscash because of my sig) lol

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Power Trick Shuckle is a TERRIBLE moveset. You should feel bad for suggesting it!

As soon as you use Power Trick, you've just reduced your Defense to near zero which means even an ineffective physical attack will OHKO you. Furthermore, even after a Power Trick, you still won't do much damage.

Look at this:

Max Defense Power Trick Shuckle's Rock Slide vs. Impish Gligar: 43.7% - 52.1%

Shuckle can't even 2HKO Gligar, an unevolved Pokemon, with Rock Slide and Gligar doesn't even resist Rock!

Now do you see how bad it is?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back