• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I used to do that.

But when I get the hang of it, I sort of memorized important moves that most Pokemon should know in certain situations. Though I still use it for the occasional check for anime stuff, but that rarely happens, if at all.

I have memorised so much stuff from Bulbapedia over the years, but hey it payed off. I won a keychain because I knew Azurill could change gender when it evolves. I only knew that Because of Bulbapedia.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I seriously think I visit bulbapedia more than facebook. I use it for everything from looking at movesets and natures to just reading about the anime characters. It is probably the best pokemon website ever
I use Bulbapedia WAY more than Facebook. I genuinely think I'm obsessed with it. Sometimes I just go there for fun when I don't even have things to look up, and just surf through all the TMs certain Pokémon can learn. It's relaxing. :3

I have memorised so much stuff from Bulbapedia over the years, but hey it payed off. I won a keychain because I knew Azurill could change gender when it evolves. I only knew that Because of Bulbapedia.
:D Was it this?
A02C_1_20101202_c6e47472-b91d-41ca-aefe-6639ec0ee3ff149484.jpg

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I use Bulbapedia WAY more than Facebook. I genuinely think I'm obsessed with it. Sometimes I just go there for fun when I don't even have things to look up, and just surf through all the TMs certain Pokémon can learn. It's relaxing. :3

I like to read the talk pages. You can see how completely serious they are about EVERYTHING, even more serious than Wikipedia, haha.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I don't visit Bulbapedia all that much, probably because I never bothered with competitive battling. Same goes to the respective battling/trading PC sections. Don't look for discussion there as well, the ones held here do it for me.

Basically, I visit bulbapedia whenever I need a bit of info about a certain pokemon/item/character/location, and that's about it.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
That's pretty much what most people do in Bulbapedia, CJ. You don't need to be interested to competitive battling in order to visit bulbapedia. I myself visited it a lot of times when I wasn't interested in battling yet. That was back when I wanted to know more about the Pokemon themselves, not just their stats or their moves.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
If your into competetive battling smogon is the go anyway. I just use it for ingame things like evolution, locations and movesets. Looking at the pokecommunity page it says we have no mascot. How come? Who would be the mascot if you could choose one?

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
That's pretty much what most people do in Bulbapedia, CJ. You don't need to be interested to competitive battling in order to visit bulbapedia. I myself visited it a lot of times when I wasn't interested in battling yet. That was back when I wanted to know more about the Pokemon themselves, not just their stats or their moves.
Mm, fair enough. I just thought it may be the reason why others visit more often.
Looking at the pokecommunity page it says we have no mascot. How come? Who would be the mascot if you could choose one?
I wouldn't choose one. And thank God it's not pikachu. I dunno, it just doesn't fit to have a mascot, especially with so many different themes going around.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Looking at the pokecommunity page it says we have no mascot. How come? Who would be the mascot if you could choose one?
If we don't have a catch phrase and we are still working on it, then we are still working on a mascot xD. Lets get some Stunfisk if anything, it's just too winning. It's already got an awesome style so just make it the mascot.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Leaf from FR/LG, of course.

Nah, we don't need a mascot Pokemon. That would be playing favorites, and we already know Game Freak already soes that with a certain rodent... I like us without a mascot, it shows we're equal-opportunity fans. Or something like that.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
If we don't have a catch phrase and we are still working on it, then we are still working on a mascot xD. Lets get some Stunfisk if anything, it's just too winning. It's already got an awesome style so just make it the mascot.
We also have a Ralts theme, Yellow and the bros. theme, Red theme, Misty theme, Plusle theme, Green theme, Team Magma theme, Quilava theme, Ash theme, Dialga and Palkia theme, Ampharos theme, Delibird theme, Sentret theme, Conway theme, Pichu theme, Team Rocket theme, Dahlia theme, Herdier theme, and a Masquerain and another Pokemon I forgot theme. So if we're basing mascots on PC's styles, whose to say they can't be all PC's mascot? There might be more though, but my brain hurts just thinking about these. ;~;

I simple don't think PC ever needs a mascot. PC is fine, and has been fine, without a mascot. Wouldn't you think that people should've complained by now if having a mascot is such a big deal that if PC doesn't has one, it has to be fixed? Mascots doesn't define a forum.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I don't think so. Almost everyone considers a DBE as a "derp" moment, therefore Stunfisk perfectly fits in the role of welcoming one in case a database error happens. :3

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I don't think so. Almost everyone considers a DBE as a "derp" moment, therefore Stunfisk perfectly fits in the role of welcoming one in case a database error happens. :3
D: I've never seen the Stunfisk database error screen. I bet it's hilarious and I'm missing out.

. . . Is it just me or does this thing look evil?
618.gif
I think it actually HAS been causing the database errors. D8

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Looks more mischievous then evil per say. And when I do see Derpfish errors it tends to take away from my "Oh my gosh when will this get back up" feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back