• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Lightning Yellow

What Should this Hack's Name be?

• Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Pokemon Electric Yellow

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Pokemon Yellow Voltage

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Pokemon Pikachu Edition

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other(Post name)

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2009
i just want to say one thing... you are my hero. i've been looking for someone o be doing a yellow "remake" and here one is.. so thank you. i've read through the entire post and its nice to see that you have had so many ups and downs from a technically pov... (im no hacker mind you.. tho it would be nice) it gives you a chance to look back and see how much better you have become at hacking from when you first started the project.

I've seen tons of people ask "when will it be released" and instead of asking you that im just going to assume that it'll be soon, and instead ask something that i dont think i saw (if it was asked im sorry and you can just ignore the question) but how far will the beta run up to? will it cover the whole game, or will some of it still be missing?

in any event, good luck with the project.. and keep up the amazing work :D

Years
i just want to say one thing... you are my hero. i've been looking for someone o be doing a yellow "remake" and here one is.. so thank you. i've read through the entire post and its nice to see that you have had so many ups and downs from a technically pov... (im no hacker mind you.. tho it would be nice) it gives you a chance to look back and see how much better you have become at hacking from when you first started the project.

I've seen tons of people ask "when will it be released" and instead of asking you that im just going to assume that it'll be soon, and instead ask something that i dont think i saw (if it was asked im sorry and you can just ignore the question) but how far will the beta run up to? will it cover the whole game, or will some of it still be missing?

in any event, good luck with the project.. and keep up the amazing work :D
Thanks!
I'm glad that you like the hack.
I already have a beta ready, I just don't want to release it. I want it to be better, so I'm working on it more.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2009
o great :D cant wait to play it.. was there a post back there somewhere about how far it'll go? will it span all 8 gyms? or is it just going to be a few of them? (if your not releasing information about it i apologize)

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2009
thats awesome, you didnt have to say anymore then that (not that you had to say anything to begin with) :D again thanks and cant wait to play it

SilverLink

ポー何をやったの? ?? ?
Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2009
This game seems fun! I look forward to it! And looks amazing! The Jessie and James sprite could be improved....

Ash987

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Will you change this over to a DS hack when possible? You could use the Amity Square script to walk Pikachu (maybe).

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 23, 2009
You've probably already noticed this, but you should take wild Pikachus out of Viridian Forest, and anywhere else he/she shows up. You could only get one in Yellow. :)

Kentai

Game Designer (Multitasking)
Years
man was I into pkmn yellow. It was so... awsome xD
The whole different concept of having a pokémon following you all over the game was so much fun.

I really hope you can remake that, it would be so cool!
I can't wait to play it!

sy,
Kentai

jAvAcOlA

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
hmm... after reading the some of the posts it sounds like your having trouble making pikachu follow.... soo i was thinking couldnt you take the old script from pokemon yellow special pikachu eddition and just modify it a little... ( im not a good hacker soo plz dont get pissed with my reply )

That's what I was wondering. If gameboy color managed it...how hard could it really be?

jAvAcOlA

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
Thats like taking a human foot and putting it on a hamster. They aren't compatible.

That's not what I meant. People were saying in this thread that it's nearly impossible...so I'm wondering how a crappy(by today's standards) game from 10 years ago can do it if it's so hard?

lolwut

Too cute for you
Years
Hmm... Confusing.. I guess the lightning yellow hack i have on my ipod must be retarded lol. This ones awesome, good work. The one on my ipod is exactly the same as fire red but you get pikachu at the beginning, gary gets eevee and then theres a couple of other minor changes. I gotta get this one somehow

Years
I have given up on making Pikachu follow you.
I may hack D/P/Pt after I finish this hack(and a few more after this) and it will be possible on a DS rom.
So, Pikachu will not follow you in this remake.

At the moment, I'm working on ways of making Pikachu more interactive in the game.
Examples:
Code:
- Pikachu comes out of Pokeball at PKMN Center(Will take a few days)
- At random times, pikachu comes out of the pokeball to talk. (Will take a few days)
- Still gotta think of more.

Years
I don't nkow if anybody had mentioned this but, why don't you just edit the ash ow but with pickachu behind him, then that way he follows you all the time.
i don't know if it will work, but still it is an idea.

Buizel 9 ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back