• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
I feel like dual type moves would add a new layer of complexity that would not, not not not, appeal to the younger crowd. Everyone (even those with an excellent grasp of types) would have to do a lot of mental math when using a dual type attack on a dual type pokemon, i'd be a mess.

Quick, what would A Fire/Ice type attack do to a Steel/Bug pokemon

Ok sooo, Fire is 2x on both, so we have a 4x then Ice is 2x on bug and .5 on the other sooo, one, so 4x.

fighting/steel on a rock and ground? Mess up one measurement and you may cost you self a battle in this new Pokemon teaches math game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If those names turned out to be official then odds are the Dual-typed move rumor has a high change of being true too, supported by the fact that some already revealed moves i.e Parting Shot and Geomacy that already have assigned types are listed as unknown "???" in the latest issue.

I don't remember seeing them say what type Parting Shot was when it was revealed. Serebii still has it as ??? since release. As for Geomancy I can't say I've seen where they said its type either. I always thought that everyone just assumed it was Fairy Type since its Xerneas' signature attack. Same with Oblivion Wing.

Other than that Parting Shot's type was never revealed.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I feel like dual type moves would add a new layer of complexity that would not, not not not, appeal to the younger crowd. Everyone (even those with an excellent grasp of types) would have to do a lot of mental math when using a dual type attack on a dual type pokemon, i'd be a mess.

Quick, what would A Fire/Ice type attack do to a Steel/Bug pokemon

Ok sooo, Fire is 2x on both, so we have a 4x then Ice is 2x on bug and .5 on the other sooo, one, so 4x.

fighting/steel on a rock and ground? Mess up one measurement and you may cost you self a battle in this new Pokemon teaches math game.

Ice is 2x on Bug? Is this a change? As before Ice was 1 x against Bug...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Spoiler:

Whoooa! ING accidently revealed these 2 pictures! It's name is Pyroar and no other information is known. It looks Fire/Normal to me, and most likely has the Intimidate ability. It's design is so freaking awesome! This would be Arcanine's buddy :3
I also hope Litleo had a middle evolution, as Pyroar looks like it is a final.

Years
Spoiler:

Whoooa! ING accidently revealed these 2 pictures! It's name is Pyroar and no other information is known. It looks Fire/Normal to me, and most likely has the Intimidate ability. It's design is so freaking awesome! This would be Arcanine's buddy :3
I also hope Litleo had a middle evolution, as Pyroar looks like it is a final.
Speaking of Arcanine do you think Pyroar be obtained by evolving it's pre evolution by Fire stone? I hope it's a three member line too and that it's final is a stone evolution as the Fire stone is the only stone that hasn't evolved a Pokemon of a three stage line...

I think there should be more evolutions by stone, especially those that are barely used like Thunderstone which only evolves three Pokemon... two of which are Gen 1 Pokemon and whose evolutions were introduced in said generation.

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
Pyroar...I dislike the style of maine so I am hoping there is a female equivalent without the maine. Though it is starting to grow on me.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019
Loving the design of Chiogorasu!! Based On Allosaurus. How cool is that? Cannot wait to see its final evolution!Will be a monster!
Also i think Pyroar is the final form of Litleo. I am guessing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023

That's an amazing-looking Pokémon. I love it. <3 It reminds me a lot about Mufasa, one of the main characters from Lion King. I imagine its pre-evolved form to look kind of like Simba, who is Mufasa's son. I'm hoping for its type to be fire and rock, since we don't really have any Pokémon with this particular type combination other than Magcargo. I wouldn't mind if it turns out to be fire and ground, either.

Res

Years
The full Pokedex can be revealed at any moment now right? since there's like just 1 month left...

blue

gucci
Years
I don't remember seeing them say what type Parting Shot was when it was revealed. Serebii still has it as ??? since release. As for Geomancy I can't say I've seen where they said its type either. I always thought that everyone just assumed it was Fairy Type since its Xerneas' signature attack. Same with Oblivion Wing.

Other than that Parting Shot's type was never revealed.

My mistake, I thought those moves already got assigned types i.e Geomacy being Fairy-type etc.

As for Pyroar I'm hoping that's real, it looks and sounds awesome and it's an actual Lion!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Back to the possible dual-type moves;
Parting Shot is most likely Fighting, and its "dual typing" would be Dark, so it is also super effective against Psychic (Since Fighting is not very effective)
Geomancy is a Fairy type move, and could be SE against the Poison type. (Again, Fairy is NVE against Poison)
And finally Oblivion Wing. It's a Dark-type move and could be SE against Fighting.

It is like these moves have a secondary typing, Parting Shot SE against Psychic is like it would be part Dark type. But is not Dark, because it is a Fighting type move. Being SE against a type it shouldn't be is like a side effect. Get it?

P.S. Clemont has a Dedenne. Now we're at least 100% sure he is Electric-type leader.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Dedenne is part Fairy type, he could just as easily be the Fairy type Gym Leader.

This is possible, but lets be honest all the clues lead on that he will most definitely be an Electric Gym Leader.

431px-XY_Clemont.png

His design is very reminiscent with Electric Gym Leaders. He uses the color yellow in his clothes, his hair is blonde and that little strand of hair on the top of his head I think is in the shape of a lighting bolt. Lets not forget the fact that he uses some kind of electro mechanical arm and something that appears to be an antenna. There is nothing in his design that tells me he could be tied in with Fairy type.

The other type people where speculating him to be was Steel type, but with an Electric/Fairy type on his team that might not be the case.

Years
This is possible, but lets be honest all the clues lead on that he will most definitely be an Electric Gym Leader.

431px-XY_Clemont.png

His design is very reminiscent with Electric Gym Leaders. He uses the color yellow in his clothes, his hair is blonde and that little strand of hair on the top of his head I think is in the shape of a lighting bolt. Lets not forget the fact that he uses some kind of electro mechanical arm and something that appears to be an antenna. There is nothing in his design that tells me he could be tied in with Fairy type.

The other type people where speculating him to be was Steel type, but with an Electric/Fairy type on his team that might not be the case.
He's likely Lumiose's gym leader. And out of the two types he looks more like an electric gym leader than a Fairy gym leader.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
Now that steel is out of the picture, I would be more than surprised if Clemont isn't an electric gym leader. Sure, Dedenne is part fairy, but does this guy look like someone who would use fairy-types? Let's be real here, from just the way his gym is set up, and the way he's wearing those mechanical arms, it's pretty obvious.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I'm really hoping we get a Fire-type Gym Leader this gen(as cool as Blaine I hope). We have 4 confirmed gym leaders right now: Bug, Fighting(probably), Electric(probably) and the last one is unknown. Id say the last one Grant is probably gonna be a Rock-type Gym Leader since he's a rock climber but he is describe to be good in a variety of sports so he could be Normal-type Gym Leader.

For the last 4 like I said, I want one of them to be Fire-type and a Fairy-type Gym Leader would be cool as well. I'm fine with any type on the last 2.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I'm really hoping we get a Fire-type Gym Leader this gen(as cool as Blaine I hope). We have 4 confirmed gym leaders right now: Bug, Fighting(probably), Electric(probably) and the last one is unknown. Id say the last one Grant is probably gonna be a Rock-type Gym Leader since he's a rock climber but he is describe to be good in a variety of sports so he could be Normal-type Gym Leader.

For the last 4 like I said, I want one of them to be Fire-type and a Fairy-type Gym Leader would be cool as well. I'm fine with any type on the last 2.

Korina is a Fighting type for sure since her Gym Badge is a fist!

It is really possible that we will have a Fire Gym Leader since we saw those fire pillars in the announcement trailer.

Years
I don't know if anyone has seen this picture yet, but:

sept_bank_p3_01_quoa3.jpg

Magnezone is normally a genderless Pokemon, but in this picture Magnezone is a female. Could it be that Magnezone gains a gender? Or do you think it's just a mistake?

This is the first time I've seen it and I didn't see anyone else post it.

blue

gucci
Years
I don't know if anyone has seen this picture yet, but:

sept_bank_p3_01_quoa3.jpg

Magnezone is normally a genderless Pokemon, but in this picture Magnezone is a female. Could it be that Magnezone gains a gender? Or do you think it's just a mistake?

This is the first time I've seen it and I didn't see anyone else post it.

Yeah I saw this pointed out on another Forum but I think it's just a small error, their main intention was to just show off the Pokébank feature.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Korina is a Fighting type for sure since her Gym Badge is a fist!

It is really possible that we will have a Fire Gym Leader since we saw those fire pillars in the announcement trailer.

I think someone mentioned that it was a Team Flare base since the Team Flare symbol was seen.

Back