• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
how much worse is leveling up your pokemon with rare candies instead of leveling them up in battle?
Your Pokemon gain EVs when they battle Pokemon, but they won't gain EVs when you use Rare Candies. If you want your Pokemon to gain EVs, then leveling up is the better way to go.

Now for my own question: At what point of B/W can you trade Pokemon?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
^ soon after you complete the Munna event after the first gym; you get the Pal Pad at that point, and Pokémon Centres start letting you into the Union Room and Wi-Fi Club.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
Years
1. Legendaries have shiny checks now, they will never be shiny, any that are, were caught via AR or made via Pokesav.

Do you think that Gamefreak will release shiny legendaries in a sort of pokemon event?

If they wanted to not have them in the game wouldn't they have just not put it in the game?

EDIT: isn't there a shiny pokedex entry for them too? Thats kind of a teaser isn't it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Do you think that Gamefreak will release shiny legendaries in a sort of pokemon event?

If they wanted to not have them in the game wouldn't they have just not put it in the game?

It's possible that they will. Every Pokemon is required to have a shiny sprite, doesn't mean it has to be available to get.

And they haven't put the shiny versions in the game, so I'm not sure what you mean by your second sentence. o_O

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Raichupacabra: There's a 40% chance of the offspring having the ability if the mother has it. I'm guessing that all of your eggs fall in that 60% of not passing on the ability.

NickofTime: Currently, it is unknown if there's any shiny legendary events planned. Since the shiny sprites can't be found in the games' data, I'm guessing that it's not possible for even an event shiny legendary. That's only a guess, though.

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
Raichupacabra: There's a 40% chance of the offspring having the ability if the mother has it. I'm guessing that all of your eggs fall in that 60% of not passing on the ability.

NickofTime: Currently, it is unknown if there's any shiny legendary events planned. Since the shiny sprites can't be found in the games' data, I'm guessing that it's not possible for even an event shiny legendary. That's only a guess, though.

Thanks

And they are found in the data, just not legitimately obtainable.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Alright, I'm having a issue transferring pokemon to the dream world. It says that it is out of dream energy, yet I can access the dream world. :/

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I'm very disappointed in myself. I thought I journeyed every inch of Unova but I guess not. I haven't sen these three: Zweilous, Ferrothorn, Rufflet; in my Unova Dex and I'd like to inquire who the trainers are that have them so I can see them in the Dex. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Does anyone know which one gives more Exp. points:
1) Mach Brace
2) Lucky Egg

Lucky egg boosts Exp. Macho Brace boosts EV. It depends if you are EV training or training normally.

Ninjask'd

Last edited:

Arlen

I heart ROBOT
Years
Is it against the rules if I use action replay to change the exp to 4x in order to train my Pokemon up to level 100 so I can use them online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back