• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Years of Lies [IC] [Best Veteran Q2 '12]

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
-My frown wavered for a millisecond as she mentioned his name, but was soon back in its place, arms still crossed, body relaxed, my mind wasn't. For a few seconds it flashed back to the dream, The ghostly Fausto with his arms slightly raised, speaking in his and a more sinister version of my voice."Anything for Power, Anything to Survive" The words rang in my head like the single deep pang of a funeral bell, but once again I destroyed the image, yet the voice remained, still troubling me. "Whatever, back to the conversation, back to Bernkastel. Focus on Bernkastel!" My mind ordered, so I did, ignoring the parts about Fausto. I also ignored the part about the contract with Mammon and clearing my throat I began to talk.-

"What are you're terms for this alliance, and who else besides those vampires is in it? And don't say that they aren't, because I know they are; I've seen those trinkets you gave them, and they aren't items you just find anywhere. Veeery high quality stuff, and I'm guessing you made them yourself? I'm going to be frank" I said as I leaned a bit closer to her. "if I'm going to be a part of this, I don't want any secrets kept from me. I want to know EXACTLY what those accessories do and what your goal and motives are. I wan't to know everything you know, I won't be kept in the dark."

-I leaned back in my chair, arms crossed, still glaring at her with the same questioning look in my eyes. I think I had made myself clear.-

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 3.5 - Bernkastel Vermillia - Demon District

"What are your terms for this alliance, and who else besides those vampires is in it? And don't say that they aren't, because I know they are; I've seen those trinkets you gave them, and they aren't items you just find anywhere. Veeery high quality stuff, and I'm guessing you made them yourself? I'm going to be frank... If I'm going to be a part of this, I don't want any secrets kept from me. I want to know exactly what those accessories do and what your goal and motives are. I want to know everything you know, I won't be kept in the dark."

'Isn't he direct...' I closed my eyes and inhaled through my nose. Well... It was fair enough. I wanted him to help me. It would be obvious to share my side of information with him. Then again, that was a lot of info. Everything I know? That was more than one could remember, even if they studied them for a year. My eyes opened up, and gazed up at him. Just like in the helicopter, they were crimson red and glowed. A few blinks, and they were back to emerald. As though they have never changed once. I straightened up.

"I know you know... And I'm surprised you didn't mention Xavier as also being an ally of mine... You were there, after all." I paused, and pressed my lips together to swallow. "You came looking for me, Raike. I know. You decided to stick around on the stairs... Before watching me with the vampires on the roof." My right hand trailed up to my head, and removed my witch-styled hat. I promptly laid it across my lap, while running my other hand through my wisps of raven-black hair. "I will name all my alliances out for you. Kerin, Marisa, and Fang from the Vampires. Xavier from the Demons. A former alliance with Ryuu. A temporary alliance with Shizuka. A truce with Amelia from the Angels. None as of yet from the Humans." I exhaled out, and tapped my fingers several times against the table. "The 'trinkets' you mention and seem so interested about... Are you meaning these?" From around my neck, I unclipped a thin gold chain. My fingers slipped out a cluster of stones which had previously been concealed between my breasts. I set it on the table and pushed it over for him to have a look. A beautiful coil of blue, purple, and white stones which contrasted light to reflect also a red-ish color at a certain angle.

"Yes, I made them. Their made with alchemy. With the stones strategically tied together with wire, it gives the wearer specific possitive effects... Mostly for emotional and mental release and healing. Would you like one made for your... Nightmares? It will be a common occurance, otherwise..."

"Goals and motives... That's a tricky one... I'll get back to that. As for the conditions... I'll provide you with whatever you may need to survive in the arena, along with my full help... In exchange I would like your cooperation in helping me with my long-term goals. I don't plan on winning the 'Population Games'."

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
-I sat back staring at the necklace and considering the proposal thoughtfully. There was close to no doubt in my mind that I would be needing someone else's help in the arena, no one could get through it all alone, besides the one sitting before me. As for her comments concerning me knowing about her and Xavier's meeting, I shrugged calmly, closing my eyes slightly as I did showing showing a carefree attitude and not giving any hint of him agreeing with what she said or not.When she addressed my "nightmares" a ghastly small smile formed on my lips, which seemed to make my face more intimidating and imposing. My voice was more of a whisper, as if I was talking more to myself rather than to her.-

"The offer is a vain one.... these dreams are not something that can be felled with any kind of accessory created by even the most skilled alchemist. Believe me when I say that I know people who have tried to make things to cure a disease such as this, and it is not possible, they all failed." Then in an even softer voice "It is my own burden to bear..."

-A small frown flickered on my face again as that image flashed before my eyes again, but I regained my demeanor crossing my arms, and lifting one to point back at her. I spoke in my normal tone once more.-

"Your eyes, they changed... again. I saw it on the helicopter, and here I see it once more. While your concern for me is touching, I feel I must express my own for you. So whats up with them?"

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

I watched with calm eyes as Raike took in my offer, andthought deeply upon it. And once again, he didn't say anything when it came toall the things he's been doing, and my knowing so. A behavior which could bedescribed easily as not caring, or finding the information to be of littlevalue. My hand reached back out to take the necklace, and place it back aroundmy throat. I exhaled as the effects of the stones washed into my system.

"Before you judge my ability to heal the mind, I suggestobserving what I already can do. You are not the only person haunted by murder…Though technically, I haven't killed anyone. They just happen to stumble uponmy servants or accidently get their foot caught in a wire… Have you seen theprevious games? You will know what I mean, then…"

"Do you watch me all the time…?" I asked curiously, blinkingas he seemed to know everything about what I've done so far since thehelicopter ride. Creepy? Not quite. Itwas understandable that he was being so observing of me. After all, I was consideredone of the most powerful contenders; having won twice and all.

"It runs in the family, so to speak. I have the green eyesof a demon… White flecks due to my mother being an angel. And the ruby exchangefrom having been bitten by a vampire during my first participation. Thankfully,I have yet to develop a taste for blood. It may not happen at all, actually. Inany case, the discoloration is an annoyance, since it happens at random…."

"I will make you a necklace, even if you believe that it won'thave an effect… I should, hopefully, have it finished before we're thrown intothe arena…"

Last edited:

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
"Intresting...I'm guessing that was from... Oh never mind, it doesn't matter right now."

-I chuckled a bit under my breath, getting up from my chair, walking over to my bed and laying down on it, crossing my arms behind my head. "Mammon, I'm gonna trust you... and for now your other contractee... only to a certain extent."Both Fausto and the voice faded into the mesh of my mind as I softly exhaled. With this release of air, came a small trace of smoke, almost like a dragons... of course it was common knowlage that they had been wiped out, but the majority of fire wizards didn't believe it and I still wasn't sure..-

"I guess I will join you, and call you my comrade for now. Don't try to hold me back... I'll do my best to keep you alive as well." I grinned secretly and began to speak in a more joking tone. "And don't flatter yourself too much Bern, you look good but you didn't attract my attention so that I'm watching you all the time..." In a softer tone "Only when I need to..."

Last edited:

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

"The topic on who bit me will never matter. It happened, it couldn't be prevented, and it cannot be reversed. Perhaps that would be a good thing? My magical properties have strengthened after all. I've always been a sickly girl…"

Eyes keeping up with Raike's movements, I watched him abandon his chair in favor of the comfortable bed. Seeing the puff of smoke wisp out from between his lips, I couldn't help but wonder just how powerful of a fire wizard he could be, and how useful he may prove to be. Still, I kept my seating; turning so my back was facing him. "Comrade… Very well." It had a nice ring to it. "I will stay outside your way unless it will affect you or my other allies in a negative way. Needless to say, if you decide upon doing something which is strikingly dangerous, I would suggest letting me know."

As for how he would do his best to keep me alive…"More difficult than it may seem… But shall may I. Do try not to involve yourself in Ryuu. I refuse to deal with the demon until the games begin."

Carefully, I rose to my feet; mindfully slipping away from the chairs to stand over at Raike's bedside. I could see the demonic symbol glowing lightly on his neck. "Let's try a little reverse psychology, shall we? The Game Master can be rather dim when it comes to who the enemies and friends are. It'll be fun and beneficial." I leaned down and balanced myself on the bed with my palms. "Pretend to loathe me. Try not to overdo the acting. I am awful at pretending magic. Attacking would mean me going on the defensive, and neither of us should be injured when going into the arena." I inhaled deeply. "Throw me a rough time. Cuss, if it's a part of your personality. The goal is to catch Natruo's attention. A great reaction would be for him to believe you're a strong enemy against me. If he offers you anything, take it. I want to know what he has planned, because he probably has the same thing happening with the other males. This is the only place where we will talk as comrades, before the arena."

I straightened up, and pulled an envelope from underneath the belt at my waist. I balanced it on Raike's chest. "Homework, if you will. Study and memorize the contents and if you can, smuggle it into the arena." I took my leave; slipping away to his door. "Good night, Raike. Sleep well."

~~~

Once Bernkastel had left, the tattoo disappeared, and Mammon manifested herself beside Raike; taking the envelope before he could even handle it. Licking her lips in curiosity, she ripped open the top neatly, and pulled out two sheets of folded paper. "The heck..?"

The first sheet was a carefully drawn diagram of an area; complete with measurements per kilo mile, check points, and places of interest. The second piece of paper was a letter written by Bernkastel.

Sighing, Mammon gave the sheets to Raike. "How boring…"
~~~~~~~~~~~

OOC: Both pieces of paper will be referenced in the Chapter 4 write-up. No characters except Raike may have the knowledge of its existance, and/or what is written on it.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Akira Tsukuda – Angel

Akira hadn't been standing around for long before Natruo appeared in the centre of the room. Akira cast his eyes to the side, avoiding looking at the malicious God and instead, found a demon in the trees watching him. It took him a while to realise, but once he did he wasn't as nearly as surprised as he had been when he saw her up there. Bernkastel sure was an odd sort, even for a winner of the Population Games. Akira stared back at her for a while, the two locking eyes for a moment, before he turned away to ignore her, moving onto the nearest table as Natruo left the area and Gods appeared behind the tables offering different skill set trainings as well as magic training. He watched as the little girl angel whom had bumped into him before headed towards the nearest table to her, attempting to tie a knot. If he was to win in this tournament, he needed allies to help against the other contestants, and so far she was the only angel he had seen so far. He approached the table beside her, picking up a piece of rope and reading a set of instructions for it, although he knew the knot too well and could do it without the instructions. He turned his attention from the knot to the little girl, still fumbling with the rope as he talked to her.

"Hello, I'm…" he stopped mid-sentence as he recognised who exactly this angel was. Amelia Kunjui, the daughter of one of the most renowned people in the Angel District stood beside him. With a mother so powerful, he wondered how she had ended up in the Games; surely her mother could have pulled some strings and let another unfortunate soul take her place.

Grabbing a piece of rope, he began following the instructions the mentor had given, and after a couple of unsuccessful tries, he managed to make a noose. It wasn't quite up to standard but it would have its desired effects. He placed it on the table next to the rope Amelia was fumbling with, "I may be an Angel, but don't count me as an ally." He spoke quite aggressively before leaving the table to try something else.

His next destination brought him past most of the other tables to the end where they were doing training with the elements. He walked past the earthen table, where the psychotically aggressive Demon known as Ryuu was frustratingly learning how to move rocks. Another mentor stood idly at the table, his eyes caught Akira's and there was something about them that enticed Akira to draw in closer and see what he offered.

Tall and lanky, the man seemed vastly different to the stockier mentor who was having the arduous task of teaching Ryuu to lift up rocks. For some reason, this did not appeal to Akira at all, Akira relied more on his agility and speed than strength to fight. But even when the mentor motioned for him to follow, Akira still followed, curious about what this seemingly silent mentor had to offer.

"Welcome Angel, I see these arts interest you, no?" his accent was weird, Akira could not put a palce to it, but then again he was a god.

"I'm sorry, but I don't want to kick around rocks all day, I have to prepare to die, so I don't want to waste my day with rocks." He was snarky and moody, it wasn't the mentor's fault that he was here, so he didn't really have an excuse to take it out on the mentor. He turned to walk away, kicking up a little bit of dust with his wings when the mentor caught him with a hand on his shoulder.

"No one said anything about rocks, but I do have something you might find interesting." He whispered in Akira's ear. Anything that would help him avoid an early death was welcome, but Akira was mostly curious about what is mentor had to teach him; his natural curiosity winning over.

"Okay then, what do you have to teach me?" he put emphasis on the 'have', making it seem as if he had something better to do with his time. Not that he did.

With a wave of his hand, the mentor created a miniature dust storm around him, completely obscuring himself from sight before directing the sand to disperse then form into a pile right next to him. "How about I teach you to obscure yourself from sight and disorientate your opponents, hmm?"

Akira was stunned, he wasn't quite ready for that, but it seemed as if the mentor knew exactly what he needed. While shifting massive rocks around wasn't his strong suit, being able to manipulate something fluid and agile like himself would come much easier to him; his wings could help as well.

After several hours of training, Akira quickly thanked the tutor, he had learned much by forsaking the other tables, but it somehow seemed necessary to have learnt what he had. Heading back up to the tower where the Angel District tributes lived, he entered into the dining room, his stomach grumbling as he surveyed the food laden table. Picking up an plate, he grabbed a few pieces of food before settling down to eat, playing with a small pile of sand with his left hand while he ate with his right hand. His hunger gave him a fair indication of how much he had trained; he was almost famished!

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 4 - The Melancholy of Bernkastel Vermillia

Summary:
Your third day in the God's Realm has arrived, and wheither you like it or not, you will be forced to participate in a post-games show. It's interview time; the best few minutes you have to gather as many wealthy sponsors as you can. Will you have the points to afford a shiny weapon outside the arena? Or will you be unable to afford that antidote for your survival?

What's Happening?:
Immediately after breakfast, a new character will greet your main contestant. This person will be your designer and the person that manages your points, It's their job to make sure you survive and win.

Angels:
Spoiler:

Demons:
Spoiler:

Vampires:
Spoiler:

Humans:
Spoiler:

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
-I was awake, but I refused to open my eyes and completely release my loosening grip on sleep. Yawning, I stretched out on the bed and stayed in that position for a good 10 minutes before I got over my lazyness enough to get out of bed. My room was dark, thanks to those special curtains in my room, that sun wouldn't get in until I was ready to see it. I walked over to the bathroom, sighing and closing the door behind me. The water was hot, just the way I liked it, even if it was steaming outside I would take a hot shower, not that I felt the heat too much. It was one of the great bonuses that came from being a fire mage.

Closing my eyes, and letting the water run, I began to think of the past days events, mainly that fight I had with Ryuu. When he left that day, he looked at me with that typical, "your inferior" face, but I also felt a hint of respect, which meant he had aknowlaged me. He wants to fight me again, only this time to the death, and he probably will if we ever meet in that arena, no pulling punches, no kind of mercy. The only person that would be around was Mammon...that weird demon girl, and my only real friend in this place...the oly one I could actually trust. Of course I said I would trust Bern, but I never said how much.

After drying and dressing myself I dropped right back on my bed, yawning obnoxiously and closing my eyes as if I could fall asleep once more. I grinned slightly thinking of yet another way to mess with Mammon-

"Rise and shine Mammon, or were you awake the whole time watching me sleep? Thats pretty weird... I wonder if underwold demons actually do sleep, or they just watch their contractees sleep and do other things even when not manifested into a solid form."

-A knock soon started sounding at the door and I looked over at it, glaring, almost trying to disencourage the person who dared knock at my door in the morning, also waiting for the demons response-
(First post on the new chaptaaaaaaaa)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Ryuu awoke the next morning rather early. Another dreamless night, another lost recollection of how he had ended up from the dining room at night to his bed in the evening. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, and stood with a grunt. He could feel his muscle a bit soar and tense from yesterday's training. Ryuu didn't bother to comb or shower, or anything. He had long disdained for such things, and approached his door automatically, his belly grumbling. He wanted to eat.

Ryuu had recognized the area now, and made his way to the familiar dining room that he had eaten twice before already. He was still sleepy, and it may have been apparent as he entered the area. If anyone were to take note of Ryuu, however, the first thing they would notice is that he was much more docile in the morning.

Ryuu spoke to no one as he gathered an assortment of food from the table in the center of the room onto one large plate. He then poured himself a glass of mineral water, and went to sit in a table close by. Ryuu groaned a bit of tiredness as he picked up his fork and prepared to eat, but stopped himself prematurely, and took a look back at the table with all the food on it. His sighed and dropped the fork back onto his table, and approached the table with the food on it.

"Argh! This isn't where you go..." He said with a weary voice. Lifting the table off of the ground, he began to move it closer to the edge of the room, and with a single heave, tossed it out of the same window he had tossed it out of the previous day. Without another word to anyone, Ryuu went back to his table as he heard the crashing of plates and dishes hit the outside. Acting as if nothing had happened, Ryuu proceeded to eat his most enjoyable meal in recent memory.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 4 - Mammon - Underworld

I kept myself silent when Raike awoke from his slumber. Even when he didn't get up right away, I didn't say anything aloud to disrupt his train of thought. It wasn't like I was physically there anyways. The tattoo on his neck was simply... A window. A window connecting the Demon Realm, to the Earth Realm. I was comfortable inside my room; gazing upwards at the ceiling where there was nothing but blackness. I didn't mind the silence. And Raike probably didn't mind it either. A sigh escaped from my lips.

The second the boy slipped into the bathroom, I immediately cut off my connection to his world; mumbling things under my breathe. Of course I would be polite enough not to watch him shower. Although, it's not like it mattered. Nudity was hardly something I rarely saw. Waiting for him to finish showering, I heaved off of my bed and wandered over to my assortment of blood-stained dresses. I inhaled the scent through my nose, and my eyes shined red with the color. In particular, I chose a shorter dress to go with a pair of destroyed jeans. The smell was familiar. If only Raike had taken a sniff of blood that previous night, he would have known whose blood was splattered over my clothing.

"I'm already up, you moron." His tattoo disappeared, and my humanoid form appeared beside him on the bed. "Watch you sleep? God, that would be boring. I had better things to do last night." I scowled. "We don't sleep. In fact, we don't have to eat or drink to live. But, you'll never see me turn down a couple of sweets." I grinned.

At the knock, I turned and glared at the door. God damnit. Couldn't the Gods leave the contestants alone for more than just bedtime? Slowly, I slipped off of the bed; eyes darkening as I approached the door. Another two taps of a knuckle on the wood, and I had my back pressed against the wall. With my eyesight, I easily looked beyong the door to see who it was that would bother their conversation. I muttered a swear and manifested myself into a cloud of red smoke; immediately retreating back into Raike's body.

"It's not a servant this time or a contestant. It's a Higher God. Hmph..."

Standing just on the other side of Raike's door, I had seena God that seemed rather similar to Natruo. Not in the whole bloodthirsty, I'm-going-to-kill-your-childkind of way. Mostly the hair. What the heck was a saying? It was ONLY the hairthat was somewhat similar. Perhaps it was some sort of God fashion statement tohave two-toned hair? Who knows…

He was certainly taller than me; standing at about six and ahalf feet. Another thing was that all the Gods were weirdly tall. No midgetsand no chubby people here! He actually looked really good, to be perfectlyhonest with myself. He obviously was wearing contacts, because his eyes weremuch too blue to be natural. As for the hair I mentioned before, it was mostlyblonde; swept off to his left side and merged at the tips into a soft blue.Even with the seconds look I had at him, I had taken in each detail about theman behind the door. A photographic memory that imprinted itself in my head, ifyou will. The nameless man was dressed as though he was going to a four-star restaurant;a formal wear that could potentially look normal in a work building. A whitejacket hung on his shoulders, and was connected at the front by two blackbuttons at the center of his torso. Underneath, was what appeared to be asimple white shirt. On his lower half, he wore a pair of wash-out, nearly grey,jeans. For what covered his feet, he had chosen black dress shoes.

I closed my eyes as I fell onto my bed; thinking of thephysical description to learn more about who he was. I hadn't seen any wings,but they could have easily been hidden with a spell, or under his jacket.Around his neck like a collar, was a thin, silver cord with what looked likecoloured beads at the front; consisting of greens and blues and whites. Wasthere anything suspicious about him? Not in the least. He seemed to be in abetter mood than Natruo ever was, and his posture was casual and almost toosimple to be a God.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

A late Chapter 3 - Kerin & Marisa

"Train well, Kerin. Marisa, stay safe..." Bernkastel said before pushing Xavier into the training area and walking away with him. Kerin gave a nod back at her and turned back around, only to see a new face behind him. An angel, but looking hardly angelic at all. He looked rather sleep deprived, but the main thing that raised Kerin's eyebrow was his demeanor. It was... more like Ryuu that it was like Amelia. Speak of the devil, she walked past. Ignoring the new guy, Kerin spun around as Natruo's voice boomed, speaking of training, not to fight between members (Kerin gave a snort. They had already thrown that rule in the toilet) and what not. Then, barriers around the grounds disappeared, revealing stations specialising in different things. Kerin had no idea what to do, he was really only comfortable with his fists. Or maybe a stick, like a sword? Maybe. He turned to his sister and smiled.

"I guess we better start training then, shouldn't we? Where do you want to go?"

Looking up at Kerin and Bernkastel, Marisa smiled happily. "I will...!" With that, Bernkastel and Xavier slid away in a different direction. Immediately after, being the booming voice of Natruo to take their place. Marisa squeaked, and clinged to Kerin until Natruo disappeared. So... We were to train now...? Looking around, Marisa saw the exact angel Kerin had glanced at. He... Didn't look like an angel. As simple as that. If Ryuu had been born an angel, he would have looked like that. He looked... Intimidating. Scary. A-and... What was he doing here...? He was.. A new participant..? Why? Why did the Gods bring more people into the Games...? Marisa whimpered at the thought of more people to watch out for. Where were the other new ones? Surely he wasn't the only one here... Right?

She looked up at Kerin; gold eyes wide. "Uu, yesh!" With that, she quickly took in the different stations. Kerin was strong, physically... Then... He should train in magic! Smiling widely, Marisa took the older vampire's hand, and dragged him towards the offensive magic station, where both a male and female instructor waited. "Kerin! Chu need to practice magic...!!"

"Magic?" Kerin looked the station rather distatefully. He was supposed to know magic or at least have some kind of feel for it. Yet, he had grown up without any kind showing at all. His father had had him appraised when he was younger. The woman told him his strength lied in fire magic and that it was his natural element. Whatever that meant. But, yeah, nothing fiery had every come out of him at all. Ever. Except fiery rage. "I don't know..."

She pouted cutely at his "I don't know", and crossed her arms. Didn't he hear what Bern said last night? He needed to learn magic. Fang apparently had no special talent for it, and she was too young to even dream of fireballs... Marisa didn't even know what element she was supposed to be. Perhaps... she needed to change that. But Kerin needed to train, too!

"Kerin needs to practice! Try... And Marisa will try too!" Marisa meant it. Looking around, she took in the other stations. Ryuu was all the way at the Earth Magic station. That option was out. He'd probably be there all day... And she really doubted that fire was her.

"Well I can't promise anything," Kerin sighed, glancing quickly over the stalls until he found the Fire magic one. He looked back at Marisa and followed her eyes to another stall, the Earth magic one, where Ryuu was now. Taking her shoulder, Kerin gently pulled her away from the demon and to another stall, the Fire one. But really, Kerin didn't have an a real interest with playing with the stuff. He just wanted to, well, protect Marisa. Wouldn't he be better off learning some kind of physical martial art or perhaps make charms, like Bern? Though, he never had patience for jewellery. Or techniques. Bleaugh. He took Bern's advice though, and approached the goddess behind it.

"Hello," he said plainly. He wasn't sure what else to say.

"Hello!" she said rather brightly. Kerin made a face. "Welcome! So, you're interested in learning the harsh but graceful way of fire?"

"Well, uh, not really," Kerin frowned. He didn't want to lie.

"Then why have you come here?" she cocked her head a little, smile only growing brighter.

"Well, I was told to learn magic. Because I suck at it."

"And what do you hope to actually learn from me?"

"Well," he looked at Marisa. "I want to keep Marisa safe. And protect her. And that's it, I guess." The goddess gave a laugh, which annoyed Kerin. What was funny about that? What did she know about these kinds of things anyway.

"Vampires like yourself," Kerin twitched at the word only slightly. The goddess ignored him and continued, "and young Marisa here are known to excel in magic, but it's funny a vampire like yourself has no interest in magic. Well, these things happen. Is there anything you'd like to learn from me, Marisa?" The goddess crouched to meet Marisa at the eyes. Kerin could see her face better here; her eyes were quite golden, much like Marisa's, but her hair was a fierce red to Marisa's blonde. Her bittersweet personality annoyed Kerin, but from what he could tell, she was just trying to be cheerful.

Marisa felt a twinge of annoyance as the lady bent down to talk to her. She hated how people did that. It was horrible. And extremely rude, mind you. You'd think the lady'd know that Marisa was at least twelve years old to be here, right? Why did everyone seem to forget that and just concentrate on how she LOOKED like an eight year old?

Marisa clinged my hands to Kerin, and stared at the Goddess for a moment. She was cheerful, especially for the situation. Which was kind of like a smack in the face. Perhaps she didn't mean any harm from it, but Marisa took it as something hostile. We were being prepared to die on live television, and the Goddess was acting all... Weird. Maybe she was a optimistic...

"I-I...." Marisa slid to hide behind Kerin slightly; suddenly feeling an overwhelming surge of shyness. Why did Gods and Goddesses have to be so beautiful? "N-no, ma'am... Marisa isn't natural with flames..." Atleast, she hoped I wasn't. Marisa would burn myself faster than a baby beside a stove. She looked her eyes up at Kerin. "Long range, Kerin. Like... Fireballs!" Marisa smiled lightly and hugged her arms around him.

"Really? Fireballs?" The woman laughed as she extended to back to full height. "It seems that little Marisa here knows more about what you want than you, Kerin." Kerin blinked at his name. It was weird hearing it in her accent. Kee-rin? His name was Keh-rin. He didn't bother correcting her, he figured she was either doing it on purpose or just was... weird. Maybe she was weird. "But, what do you want Kerin?"

"I want to keep Marisa safe," he repeated.

"Yeah, yeah, I heard. But what do you actually want?" She tilted her head and folded her arms. Kerin frowned back at her. He just said it, didn't he? Though, if he thought about it, what he wanted was to go back home, though that wasn't going to happen. He wanted Quinn to be okay, but he was sure that wasn't going to happen. He wanted to be normal and he was almost certain that was never going to happen.

"All I want is to keep Maris--"

"Yeah, yeah I heard you," she shook her head. "I can hear your heart beat. It flittered over the 'all I want'. Y'know? So, what do you want?" Kerin kept his mouth shut and just looked at her. She sighed, frowning for the first time and shrugged. "Fine, don't tell me. But all those bottled up feelings are gonna make learning magic all the while harder. Let's get started on basic magic, I suppose." She gestured to Kerin but put a hand up when he tugged at Marisa to follow. "Is that a good idea? You'll be harnessing raw and often uncontrollable fire, the best kind! If you want to protect her, I suggest you," she looked at Marisa, "maybe go find something else to do, sweetie."

Kerin looked down at Marisa also, biting his lip. She merely smiled brightly back up at him, letting go of his arm.

"It's alright! You have fun!" when continued to look at her worridly, she shook her head. "All the gods here are watching out for us too, okay?" and with that, she let go of Kerin's arm, waved and disappeared off somewhere.

"She's a ball of energy, now isn't she?" the Goddess chuckled. "Now, let us get started, alright?"

They started with simple fire techniques, like generating heat and setting fire to a piece of paper. Kerin, like he had predicted, was totally useless at the art. After two hours of 'concentrating' and 'harbouring your emotions', the most Kerin had done was accidently rip the paper after gripping it so hard. Kerin certainly felt hot after trying to concentrate, but that was probably from him holding his breath. Another hour of lectures on how anger was sometimes a trigger for fire but nothing happened. The Goddess herself was getting frustrated with Kerin, tapping her feet impatiently and hastily whipping different pieces of paper in and out of hands to see if it would make a difference. It didn't. Another hour of nothing passed and the Goddess finally snapped.

"Aaarrghh! Are you even trying at all?!" setting the piece of paper on fire. Well, not on fire. More like a scary, raging inferno. It licked around her hands and she stormed over to Kerin with a look of pure anger on her face. So Kerin had to be... this mad? But she wasn't teaching him anything, throwing a ball of fire at his feet. Kerin quickly sidestepped as she did, now not sure of what Marisa said before about Gods protecting them.

"Aah! Please stop!" But she didn't, swining her fists at him. Her fire was making the air hot around. Kerin couldn't swing back because, for one, he would burn himself and two, it wasn't like the fights he usually got in. She wasn't bullying him, she was just angry because he was incompetent. And Kerin agreed. But he really did not want to die today. "Stop!"

He put his hands to stop an incoming punch, only to feel his hands grow hot. He squeezed his eyes shut, awaiting for the fist but... nothing came. He opened them, to see the Goddess grinning at him, staring at his palms. Around his hands was fire, tinged slightly blue, licking around and up his wrists. His first reaction was to put it out, though he kind of sat there and marvelled at it until it blew out.

"Wait, what's that?" the Goddess pointed an accusing finger at his chest and when Kerin had finished looking at his hands and looked down, he saw the alchemy stones Bernkastel gave him. "Is that... Bloodstone! And Citrine and Jade! That witch! This is why you cannot harbour your emotions." She stood up and flicked her long hair, sighing. "Different teaches teach magic in different ways. I prefer emotions for a quick and easy method, but there's also teaching by chakra, by drawing heat around you and turning other enerigies into fire or having a source. I prefer emotions for situations like this, it's easy to teach and is useful in adrenaline situations of the Population Games. But that," she pointed at the stones again, "is blocking your hidden emotions, helping you to get over them. You can't harness raw emotion that's not there."

"But I need this!" Kerin objected, pulling at the necklace. "This helps, it really does!"

"Does it, Kerin?" he flinched again at the wrong pronouciation of his name. "Does it? You cannot rely on Bernkastel Vermillia for these games. You have to get over these demons in your heart that you hold so dear. Not me, not Marisa, not Bernkastel, but you, Kerin Knight."

"How did it go?" Marisa tugged at his arm as they took the elevator back up to the Vampire tower, smiling brightly at him. Kerin had no idea what she had done all day, but she seemed to have enjoyed herself, no matter what it was.

"Alright, I suppose," Kerin shrugged. Alright was a pretty good explanation. His hands were scalded from the overuse of fire and the constant outbursts, but at least he had gotten somewhere. He had not mastered the art of fire, but after a few more long hours replicating adrenaline and trying to 'control' his 'hidden emotions', he had managed to control a flame, even getting so far as to spar with the Goddess with flames around his fists. Fireballs though, were a little out of his reach, but the Goddess promised that if he continued doing what he was doing, he would be able to let the flames leave his body. "How about you?"

She didn't answer, only giggling as she pulled him out of the elevator and into her own room, dragging him around like he was a toy of hers.

"Kerin-sama, let's play a board game!"

"Okay, which one?"

"This one! This game! You can be the blue piece!"

"Okay," Kerin smiled. He felt home again.

Last edited:

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 4 - Marisa Ryunatta - Vampire District

We ended up playing a few board games, actually. And, not to brag, but I won most of them. Not all, because I didn't want Kerin to know I had been cheating. Seeing the near future, I was able to mess up his strategy. But, I knew cheating was bad. My excuse for doing so was that it was practice for the games. After talking with Xavier during training, I knew I couldn't just depend on Kerin and my other friends to save me. I needed to learn how to control my visions, since that was the best skill I had. Well… Besides my agility and newly discovered specialty at water element magic.

My eyes drifted over to the paper and pens at Kerin's desk. Perhaps it would be easier to interpret visions if I drew pictures? I frowned at the idea. Though I did love to do creative work, I knew that Natruo wouldn't set up pens and paper as weapons. Thus, that idea flew out the window. My mind wandered back to the game as Kerin won. A smile manifested on my face, as I clapped at his victory. It was a simple game that didn't require much effort, so I had been able to think of important things while being entertained.

I let out a yawn that wasn't entirely faked. It had been a tiring day. After seeing a few scenes in the future, I assumed that I would need my strength for tomorrow.

"Kerin-onii-sama," I plopped my head on his shoulder. "I'm tired… Can we go to bed?" Not like he was the one keeping us up. It was my idea, after all, to play games.

I quietly began gathering the pieces of the game, and putting it away back in the box. Not only was I tired, but a worry-some headache was plaguing my temples at a rhythmic pace. I didn't want to make Kerin freak out, so I kept it to myself.
Once everything was cleaned up, I stumbled to my feet and wandered over to the closet, where I lazily picked out a pair of slightly-big fuzzy pyjamas, and slipped into the bathroom. I took my time in there; getting dressed and looking myself over in the mirror. Why did I have to stop growing at the age of eight? Even though I've been alive much longer than that… I would always be an eight year old with a highly adapted of being alive. I touched my cheeks, and a shiver trembled from my fingers.

Outside the bathroom, I immediately collapsed onto Kerin's bed. I honestly wouldn't be able to carry myself back to my own room. I assumed he wouldn't mind, and I crawled under the covers. Sleep caught me quickly, and I drifted off into the endless darkness of dreams.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
-After a while, it seemed pretty evident that the man or woman knocking was not going to leave. I hated too persistent people, as in the annoying girl scouts who tried to sell you their cookies after you telling them no about 15 times, even a hunters knife wasn't enough to keep them away! "Ugh..." I moaned in annoyance as I dragged myself off my bed and flopped on the floor, getting up slowly and walking slowly towards the door. My metal plated boots didn't make so much as a sound as I walked over the clean soft carpet, that I wouldn't mind just dropping on right now and dosing off.

As I reached the door, I looked through the mini window thing they put in every door so that you don't just open the door for the "pizza guy" with a knife hidden under the box and of course I saw a white jacket, someones chest, no face. "Great, some giant freak stealing my style now..." I thought in my head, my minds voice irate. I looked back at my bed with great longing in my eyes before I finally sighed and pulled back the door and look up at my visitor... well another god really.-

"Can I help you?"

-The same face and tone that I had used when I was talking to Bernkastel was the same that was reflected on my features right now. This was a god no doubt, I could feel the power emanating from him, but he didn't quite look like our game master Natruo, he looked more relaxed and uncaring really... but that didn't change the fact that he was trying to steal my white coat style. Unacceptable.-

"What do you want?" I asked in a annoyed tone leaning against my door with my arms crossed, my eyes bearing an annoyed glint within them.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 4 - Somal - God District

Without any sort of greeting, a new person entered the room; making the servants scatter nervously to the side or back into the kitchen. Only one servant seemed to have the bravery (or idiocy) to ask the man if he'd like anything. His eyes, grey-yellow and narrowed, looked upon the woman attempting to give a kind smile. With a grunt, he grabbed the startled young girl by the wrist, and threw her in the direction of another young girl. "No thank you, I don't need your childish services." A polite smile was flashed their way, but his words definitely weren't as such. The servants cowered, and all fled to different rooms. Fixing his hat, he continued on his way to Ryuu's table; only glancing once at the broken window. Sitting down across from the participant, the man pulled in his chair and layered a cloth across his lap. By the way he walked and obvious fear he gave the others, it would seem that he was in important person, and perhaps even had a military background. Underneath the hat, his hair was neatly combed in grey streaks. Afar he hadn't looked too old, but up close one could tell that he was at least fifty years old. His body looked healthy and strong, but there were creases in his facial features that spoke of age. Nonetheless, he had the aura of someone to be respected and/or feared.

"I assume the disappearance of the other table is your doing, Ryuu?" The man without a name fixed the sleeves of his sleek, pressed suit. "I approve." Reaching out, he poured himself some coffee, and plopped a few sugar cubes inside. As he stirred, he introduced himself.

"My name is Somal. I am your assigned guide for today, onwards." Somal took a sip of his drink. "Let's try to have fun, yes? Anyhow, the first thing we should do is figure out how we should have you win, before we worry about the interview." He seemed to be confident in Ryuu's ability to win the Population Games. From behind Somal, his wings stretched out for a moment. Black leather that had something like bone sticking out at the upper joint. On the outside, the surface was covered in small black spikes.

"Who's going to be the most entertaining for you to fight?" Translation; who was going to be strong and/or difficult to fight against?

Chapter 4 - Venius Cloud - God District

(To Be Editted)

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
For a while, Ryuu ate in silence as he basically inhaled down anything on his plate in bunches. He had the tablemanners of a...well, demon. That ended as another demon entered the room. Ryuu didn't immediately look up to see how it was until he had made a scene with one of the servants and began approaching him. Ryuu looked up from his food at the person who positioned himself opposite him. His mouth was still filled completely with all manner of food, so he didn't immediately tell him to go away.

"I assume the disappearance of the other table is your doing, Ryuu?" he said as he sat down. Ryuu had a full mouth, and so didn't speak right away. Instead, he turned his head back to the window which was broke, and back at the man. He contemplated throwing him out along with the table, but decided to see what he wanted first. It was a small change in his 'punch first, ask questions later' strategy he usually implements. Then again, Ryuu had to adapt quite a bit of different mannerisms and behaviors since coming here.

"I approve." He said, reaching out to get some coffee. "My name is Somal. I am your assigned guild for today, onwards. Let's try to have fun, yes? Anyhow, the first thing we should do is figure out how we should have you win, before we worry about the interview."

Ryuu looked at Somal with a blank look. There were really only two questions going through his mind at the moment: What was he supposed to guide him with, and which window should he throw him out of? The other part of his introduction is what got him thinking a bit more. Ryuu recalled in the previous day how Bernkastel interrupted the fight between himself and Raike. The very remembrance of it caused his blood to boil. He remembered his vow. He was going to win, and he was going to do it one his own. No alliances, no partnerships, no nothing. But this talk of some interview is what caused him to get anxious. He didn't know what to make of it, but since it wasn't directly involved in fighting, he decided in his mind not to throw out the man from the window, and here what he has to say.

"Who's going to be the most entertaining for you to fight?" He asked Ryuu. Ryuu thought for a moment in his mind at all the contestants. He singled out a few of them as those he thought may be pretty entertaining: Raike, Xavier, and maybe Kerin. There was Bernkastel too. However, he didn't want to say anything about it to this man. Still, there was something about the way the man spoke that Ryuu was slightly fond of. Instead of saying who was going to give him trouble, he said who would be the most entertaining, alluding to Ryuu's might. Instead of wondering how they would win, the man specifically said 'How we should have you win', alluding to the fact that he fully expected Ryuu to win, and there were in fact multiple options to reach that goal. Nevertheless, he preferred not to share these thought with Somal at this moment. Ryuu swallowed his food, and licked his lips, and he opened his mouth to speak for the first time.

"Listen, you. I don't know who you think you are, but I'll tell you this now. I'm going to win, without any help or guidance from you or anyone else here. I'll handle any fighting my own way. I don't need a guide, and I don't need a babysitter!"

Ryuu glared at the man for a moment, then continued. "But you said something about an interview, and that kinda sh*t is something that I don't know what to do, so explain to be first what the hell you were talking about."

As he awaited an answer from Somal, Ryuu shoved another mouthful of breakfast into his mouth, and chewed loudly.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 4 - Somal - God District

Somal took a second sip from his coffee; listening patientlyto what Ryuu had to say. When he finished, the demon set the cup down andsmirked. His wrinkles almost seemed to disappear with this kind of expression. "Ithink I'm a Nekooni, but I suppose that's only because of the tail, hm?" Gazingback, he made sure the servants were still in the kitchen, before he replied tothe participant before him.
"That's exactly it, Ryuu. You don't need a babysitter orsomeone to drag you around. You're independent, unlike the others who will teaminto their little groups, and then cut each other's throats while they'resleeping. " The man crossed his arms. "And, you're right. You are going to win.Not a doubt in my mind."

Taking off his hat, Somal fixed his hair while he continuedspeaking. "All participants in the Games are assigned a "Guide" for a lack ofbetter wording. We help you with the interview, and handle your points whileyou're in the arena. I'll get more into detail later. For now… The interview istonight. Basically, you and the others will be dressed according to the themeyour appearance and personality share, to impress the Gods and the rich. Theinterview is the time where sponsors will deliver 'points' to the participantsthey think have a good chance at winning. These points will either burn theskin off your victims flesh, or save your own hide from certain injuries orsituations you wouldn't want to deal with." He eyed Ryuu over calmly. "Points,which I will be keeping track of, are used to buy anything from a Band-Aid to anarmful of grenades. These things are either extremely rare inside an arena, orsimply banned from even being handled in the first place. With enough points,you could make the most illegal weapon or drug, legal in your possession.Though, I doubt you'll need steroids to crush a couple dozen people."

A laugh, and he reached out to finish the rest of hiscoffee. "I won't dress you into some sort of weird get-up. Actually, you'llprobably like how you obtain your look for the interview. I want you to be seenas sheer power; what you are. Your strength is unmatched, and you can easilyclear all the contestants around you, in their fancy dresses and suits. Youwill not show mercy, and you will win. That is the future I want the sponsorsto see. Agreed?"

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Kerin woke up in the morning, a sleeping Marisa resting on his arm. He felt dazed when he woke up, the same feeling anyone gets when they wake up in a bed that is not your own. Last night, he had slept on Marisa's floor so everything was a little different from yesterday. After he had finally realised he was on his own floor, he maneuvered himself out from under Marisa's head and slipped out of bed and into the open living room.

The morning light streamed in through the blinds comfortably onto the sofa as Kerin fell into it. He was hungry, yeah, and thirsty too, but it wasn't quite what he was thinking about. In one hand, he was trying to keep a flame in his right palm perfect and controlled. In the other, he held his necklace he had received from Bernkastel, fingering the stones lightly. The instructor had told him he needed raw emotion to learn fire quickly but raw emotion meant that he would feel like he used to again, without Bernkastel's assistance to help him get over his troubles. He kind of liked how the Goddess had worded it; Demons in his heart. It made him think there was a tiny Ryuu down there, ripping everything to shreds.

The flame in his right hand wasn't keeping so well, often flicking between full flame the size of his palm and a tiny flame, like the ones you see from a match. So, what would happen if he released his little demon inside him and took off the alchemy? How long would it take until he wouldn't need it anymore? Slowly, he lifted his left hand, pulling his necklace up and around until it left his neck. The flame reacted first in his hand, almost exploding from his palm as he felt his gut twist in that peculiar way he knew so well. It all flooded so fast, outside the church, in his bed, on the floor, waking up. The flame spat from his hand, now moved down his arm, and fell to the floor, catching fire to the rug beneath his feet. Kerin quickly pulled the necklace on, almost soothing his mind and gut. The fire in his arm died immediately also, the only fire remaining being the one on the floor.

"Crap!" Kerin quickly jumped back, hitting the fire on the floor with a rug that was sprawled on the sofa. The fire went out and Kerin fell back into the chair. Well, that wasn't exactly as smooth as he thought it would be. His stomach rumbled again and rubbed his neck. Hopefully Marisa would be up soon.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
For now, Ryuu listened as Somal spoke. For the most part, what he said was true. Ryuu had no need for petty alliances and pacts. He had one with Bern, but it was cast away the moment she broke her end of the bargain. And Somal gave another good reason for not getting into those alliances: stabbing in the back. For the most part, Ryuu wasn't worried about that, as he had pretty much established himself among most of the others as someone they didn't want to mess with. But he had completely forgotten that as a possibility in this thing. It was probably allowed to some extent too. Any way of getting an advantage over others. Ryuu made a mental note to see to something later, in case anyone tried to kill him in his sleep.

Ryuu continued to listen silently as Somal explained the interview briefly and the 'points' system. The more he listened to it, the more he liked it less and less, though. Interviews were one thing, but being forced to wear something was completely unacceptable. Ryuu held back a laugh as he let Somal finish talking. Put simply, Ryuu thought the whole thing was complete nonsense. Interviews, dressing up, alliances, points, and even to an extent the training, although that might have been the only useful part. It was all for entertainment, so that the Gods could sit in their comfortable homes and throw coins at the participants as they mauled each other.

But Ryuu didn't hate the Gods for this, or despise the system as it was. He understood how the world works, and he cared not for politics. Still, he was here to fight, perhaps the ultimate fight of his life. The real problem was there was too much bulls*** before they even got to it.

Still, Ryuu decided to play along, and keep these thoughts to himself. At the end of the tunnel, the prize was worth all the waiting. At least, he hoped it would be. Although from what he had seen so far, it will be.

"I won't dress you into some sort of weird get-up. Actually, you'll probably like how you obtain your look for the interview. I want you to be seen as sheer power; what you are. Your strength is unmatched, and you can easily clear all the contestants around you, in their fancy dresses and suits. You will not show mercy, and you will win. That is the future I want the sponsors to see. Agreed?"

Ryuu laughed. "Fine, Somal. I'll play along for now." Ending the sentence with a bit of displeasure. "These...Gods, are rather dull characters. They think that through the manner we are dressed, that will determine how frightening we can be. If they wish to see power, sheer power as you put it, they need only see me use this." He said, as he held up his fist. Ryuu looked around the room, somewhat glad none of the other participants were around to hear him. It did not fit the brute persona he had crafted while here in the first place. He slammed his fist on the table, and took another bite of his food.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 4 – Venius Cloud – God District

The man straightened out when the door was opened; looking down at Raike. A smile manifested over his lips upon his thoughts echoing inside the God's head. The human thought the God was copying him. Hardly. Calmly, he unbuttoned the jacket. "You know, wearing a particular color of jacket doesn't mean I'm stealing your fashion. I doubt it's copyrighted." Taking it off to show Venius had a plain white shirt underneath, he plopped the coat on Raike's head.

"I knew it would annoy you. Anyways, I'm here to get you ready for the interview tonight!" His hands were stuffed into his pockets. "Venius Cloud. I'm in charge of your appearance during the interview, as well as the points given to you by sponsors. Please tell me you know what I'm talking about?" Well, at least he was much friendlier compared to Natruo.

"Although, I don't think I have much work to do on you. You actually look rather 'dashing' and that alone should swoon some girl sponsors who're into the dark and mysterious type. Maybe a bit more flames and metal, but otherwise it's good!"

Chapter 4 – Marisa Ryunatta – Vampire District

Prophetic dreams are rather cliché, are they? Well, I must be the most cliché person in the world then, because that's exactly what I experience as I slept. Everything was blurry, as though my eyesight was wavering between perfect and blindness. But I could still pick up on things around me. It all flashed around; I wasn't in one place for long. The only thing that was constant was the quiet ticking in the background. A clock signalled for two o'clock; two loud pangs. Over the horizon, I could make out a small stadium. Not the Population Games arena, but some other place where there were roaring crowds at the stands. On the platform, there were two chairs facing each other, with a beautiful spring garden in between. A man sat in one of the chairs; laughing and greeting the crowd. Suddenly, I was sitting across from him; clutching my fingers into the green dress I wore. All I managed to make out from his speech was something about a faery. There were six pangs for six o'clock and the scene changed. It morphed and swirled.

Now, there was a gigantic square table; decorated extravagantly and seating about forty people. Half of the faces were new, and each sat besidea certain contestant. Though, there were contestants missing; more notably, Ryuu. Natruo and the man from the stadium were there as well. We seemed to be having supper.

The rest of the visions flew by in a hurry. Pangs sounded again and again, but I couldn't keep track enough to translate the time with the events. Obviously, for these scenes, I was in the arena. I saw a river; fish. Crumbling ruins with a red dust floating around the area....

I sat upright in a cold sweat; breathing hard and quickly running my hands around the bed to place myself back into the present. I was in bed. Relaxing slowly from my vivid dream world, I slipped my feet out from under the blankets, and wandered over to the bathroom. So much for sleeping to heal from yesterday… My body was still sore and a thumping headache was trampling my brain into my skull. According to my dreams, there would be some sort of public interview of the participants, and we would be assigned persons to attend a banquet.

Having a quick shower to wash off myself, I didn't bother shampooing my hair or making it all pretty. I knew what was to come, and whatever efforts I did now to look nice would be in vain, simply because there were better experts. Slipping on a long dress that came to my heels loosely, I moved out of the bathroom with my hair still dripping wet. A towel was placed over my head and shoulders so it didn't dampen my clothing.

Upon seeing Kerin and a slightly charred carpet, I giggled and hopped into his lap. I was glad he had been practicing his magic. "Hii!!" My face brightened, and I hugged the boy happily. "Kerin-sama, I had more visions last night! Uuu. Wanna hear?" I didn't wait for an answer.

"We're gonna be dressed up really nice and go to an interview with a bunch of people! And we'll have designers! And---" I burst out laughing, and glanced at the door. I placed a hand on his shoulder as though I was breaking some sort of tragic news to him. "I wish you luck with him, Kerin-sama." I laughed again. "Anyways, we're gonna have this biiigggg meal afterwards, and tomorrow we're going into the arena. It was really pretty!Mountains and ruins and lots of rivers and trees!"

Last edited:
Back