• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Global Trade Station

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Hiya, I was wondering if you use GTS. I am really curious, so please join the discussion or just answer a few simple questions ^____^

If yes, are you using negotiations or regular find and get? Or you only offer your Pokemon to get what you need?

Do you find GTS useful? Explain why yes or why not. What do you do with Pokemon obtained via GTS?

What are your GTS trophies? Any perfect or shiny Pokemon?

What do you do with Pokemon obtained? Are they just dex fillers or they end up as your team's powerhouses?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I used negotiations once. This Japanese player showed me a lotta cool legendaries, such as Ho-oh and Giratina. I offered a random shiny Metagross. The trader suddenly changed his offer to a Zorua... -_- I accepted it, but whatever. I haven't done negotiations again.

In DPPt early days, GTS was pretty useful. I managed to get a Garchomp (hacked lol) but I did breed it. I just get stuff to breed really. I can't remember getting any perfect or shiny Pokemon from the GTS. Just simple things... Like an Aipom... haha, I'm impressed with myself that I remember exact species. :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
One time I got on GTS negotiations for kicks, and someone started offering Leafeon and Glaceon and I was on a new file and didn't want to insult them with a Lillipup, so I just left. I only use GTS to send Pokemon to Pokecheck and clone them. I don't use it to actually get Pokemon from. Ick.

JaySawn

Weedle Weedle Wee -Patrimon?
Years
Yeah I use the GTS/Negotiations here and there...

This one time I used the negotiation , I traded a shiny pichu/skitty for a LV.100 Illumise and a milotic...( Illumise was hacked so I had to release it =/ ) Worst trades ever lol ; and no I didn't get what I was browsing for =(

GTS can be useful if you're looking for pokemon that you can trade for ; other than that good luck on getting Zekrom/Reshiram LV.9 and under XD

Best I got from the GTS was a UT Hatched Spiritomb , UT Hatched Oshawott , and a Japanese Ditto ( on the 1st attempt of searching for one ) ; all of em are legit :D

I use the Japanese ditto for breeding purposes ( of course... ) and the other 2 for collecting / desire I guess :P

firefox1000

Elite Four
Years
I used GTS/Negotiations once.(If pokecheck cloning and checking doesn't count) I traded my lv 100 Gardevoir for a Shiny Japenese Shaymin. Its pretty hard to find a good trade in GTS because of Impossible trades lv 1 Groudon. GTs is pretty useless mostly.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
So, I created the thread so I should answer myself finally! lol

I like using GTS, tho I never use negotiations, usually I couldn't find a thing there and wasted my time, so I abandoned it. I never search for Pokemon because of all those dummies who want sooper-oober legends with lvl below 9. That's ridiculous.

I only put my Pokemon as reasonable offers (eg. my random version exclusive for another random version exclusive, my random bred starter for another random starter and so on).

I got a shiny Glameow once, it was legit so that's cool. I also got a legit 27/4/31/30/31/31 Naughty Japanese Charmeleon.

I never use traded pokemon in my teams so all my GTS mons are just dex fillers or are used for breeding.

Thaat's pretty much everything ^______^

TY

i used it before i knew these forums, but now im never using it anymore...

all cuz of those lv1 Hydreigons, Victini's and more...

Years
Use it for deposit few times a week, depends if my brain feels like it. Most of time I offer nicknamed Lv.1 females of Dream World ability, nickname being related in a way to DW or the Pokemon (Bag Lady the Bagon, HippyPhish the Corphish example). Also offer at times trade evos for the in game stuff considering I've seen Everstones on some of the middlemen.

More times than I like its a Japanese texted Pokemon. As such, I breed the bajeebus out of it out of hack paranoia (Eevee, Pichu for example)

Jordan, from Alberta Canada. Usually Pokemon Ranger or Breeder (Black OR White GTS deposit)

Years
I've been using the GTS to get the Pokemon that I want, but I always offer something that is reasonable.

Using the GTS to search however, is stupid in my opinion. They are always asking for a lvl 9 Zekrom, making those trades impossible.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
I used to use the GTS a lot before I came here, then I started to use the Quick Trade Thread instead. But now I can RNG and with the introduction of Pokecheck there really is no need for it...

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2012
I Use both mostly negotiations so I can Get some shinys :3 Or I find a trading forum :)

Roza

Aspiring Pokemon Ranger
Years
I use the GTS all the time when I'm bored. I like making chain trades (seeing a Pokemon I want that has a reasonable request on it, then finding that requested Pokemon and trading for that, then trading for the first one with the second one).

I just like filling the Unity Tower or whatever it's called. The one with the different floors? I trade with as many different people as I can!

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
I often visit the GTS when I'm curious to see whats on offer, I did happen to strike a shiny Graveler once, so I guess I was lucky.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2012
how come on the gts nearly every one asks for impossible trades like lvl 1 legends im only new to trading online

Dalek_Kabu

Resident Fossil
Years
today on negotiations i traded a lvl 1 male zoroa with bashful nature for a fully ev trained lvl 100 male dw ability kabutops so it's hit or miss

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2022
I use it sometimes; I usually trade legendaries from my game for other legendaries by Negotiations to fill up my Dex.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I put random shinies up on GTS for bidoofs/patrats/purrloins for fun. Can't even get a Riolu without people asking for Mews in return. =/

Mikoliah

The Living Legend
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Aug 11, 2012
looks like I've been missing on here a while
Welcome, Mikoliah.

LOL

Well I got both my kids and my wife into pokemon now. I managed to get all the starters for my wife, my daughter, and my self after my wife did soft resets until she received a female starter.

After a bit of breeding I got other starter females of the GTS. As for other things, I was able to get the "black exclusive" on my copy of white.

Usually the Japanese are more realistic for trades. (but they often have the >9 legendarys as well)

I doubt I will be able to get everything like I had in Pokemon Pearl without the help of my fellow traders on here.

However, I did lose my copy of Pearl and will have to start all over again with a new copy of Diamond. :/

Well that is half the fun right? This time I have a Heart Gold to help me get a full roster once more.

Back