• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I have completed my firered Challenge with Octillery, dunno why but when it tried to evolve it wouldn't so i edited it to evolve with PokeBoxGBA.

most of the game was pretty easy, because of Octillery's awesome moveset, a really good water pokemon that i think is somewhat forgotten between all the other awesome water pokemon.

Octillery lvl.90
276//225//162//237//167//158
- Surf
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
pokemonleafgreen.png

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Of course that's perfectly reasonable http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7312268#post7312268, there's my soul silver post and my Fire Red http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7294048#post7294048 It also has a link to the Ultimate Solo Challenge thread I originally started on

Alright I added you to the OP. Kind of funny though, when I looked at the link I scrolled up like 3 posted and saw my original sign up for my Jynx solo. :P

I wanna join too o.o
Username: KagamiChan
Challenge Type: Ultimate
Games: FireRed, SoulSilver, Ruby, Pearl, White
Pokémon:
471.png

I'll start with FireRed.

Welcome to the challenge! Just out of curiousity what are you going to do about FireRed and Ruby since Glaceon is unobtainable?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Welcome to the challenge! Just out of curiousity what are you going to do about FireRed and Ruby since Glaceon is unobtainable?

>.< I got asked this question earlier today too and I said I'd find a workaround, but I couldn't find any >.< guess I'll have to go for a different pokemon >.< if that's ok >.<

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
>.< I got asked this question earlier today too and I said I'd find a workaround, but I couldn't find any >.< guess I'll have to go for a different pokemon >.< if that's ok >.<

Just get someone to hack the Pokemon into the game. Easy.

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2021
Thought I'd give a quick update on my progress.

Did the usual beginning stuff and received Tron. Went to route 103 and battled my rival. Obtained the Running Shoes and headed off. In Petalburg I helped Wally get his Ralts. Headed east some more.

Once in Rustboro I learn that the first gym up is Rock type. Smashing. Emerald has also seen it fit to give me a Bold Raichu. Double Smashing!

I decide to bypass this for now and head west to level up Tron some. At level 14 I tried the gym, it's a no go as her level 12 Geodude keeps using Harden and I can't seem to Tail Whip it enough to do a decent amount of damage. So I decide to go level up some more.

While out leveling I catch Jasper the Nincada and teach him Cut. At a level 18 I decide to do the gym again. Still getting my butt kicked by the first level 12 Geodude. So, at this point I'm stuck leveling up Tron until he can beat this gym.

I hate Geodude and Rock types so much now.

Tron the Bold Raichu: I guess I got the challenge I wanted.
Lv: 18
51 / 36 / 28 / 38 / 34 / 47

Thundershock / Tail Whip / Quick Attack / Thunderbolt

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
That's hardly easy. Hacking an entirely new Pokemon into a game is a lot of work. But, there are hacks out there I believe that may already have Glaceon added to them.

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
That's hardly easy. Hacking an entirely new Pokemon into a game is a lot of work. But, there are hacks out there I believe that may already have Glaceon added to them.

Actually it is quite easy. I'd just replace a Pokemon you can't normally get in the game. It's easy. I just sent Kagami a VM to ask if they want me to do it.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I just defeated Candice, giving me 7 badges. This is really too easy.

Team:
475.gif

Roronoa
Lvl 60, Jolly
166/174/99/97/159/143
-Psycho Cut
-Close Combat
-Earthquake
-Leaf Blade

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
I started my Solo Duskull Emerald Challenge :D
Hacked in Duskull with Faint Attack (Egg Move)
Chose them as my Starter beat Zigzagoon
Nicknamed him Boojangles, Following the pattern of names
Defeated May (Gave her Mudkip figured it would be fairer with it's ground moves)
Caught Sally, My Cut Rocksmash mule
Helped Wally catch his Ralts
Caught Diane my Fly mule boxed both
Got the Wailmer Pail
Challenged Roxanne and Won
Spoiler:

---
My Team
Spr_3e_355.gif

Boojanles Lvl. 16
Night Shade
Faint Attack
Disable
Astonish
Mules:
Sally Zigzagoon
Dianne Wingull
My Progress
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2013
Ima try this challenge again, I did actually finish the one I did with Poliwrath just never posted on it but I'm gonna do this with Dratini- Dragonite

Ultimate of Course
Pokémon: Dratini
Games: Fire-red, Silver, Ruby, Diamond, and White

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Doing a Sapphire run with Porygon now, however started yesterday, and have just beaten the fifth gym, after getting a few lucky freezes from tri attack, stupid Trace ability didn't help when the first pokemon was Slaking.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Second Update of my Duskull Emerald Solo Challenge
Beat the Grunt got the Devon Goods
Wondered about Briney and Peeko
Returned Devon Goods and was immediatly asked to deliver it '_'
Met Mr.Stone got the Letter to Deliver and the PokeNav/Phone Upgrade
Mr.Stone spies on me from top window >.>
Sailed to Dewford
Gave the Letter to Steven
Beat Brawly of Dewford Gym
Spoiler:

Beat Team Aqua and Handed over the Devon Goods
Deafeated May Again, Got Item Finder
Got the Mach Bike :)
Beat Wally Super Easily
Beat Wattson of the Mauville Gym Not so easy :P
Spoiler:

-----
My Team
Spr_3e_355.gif

Boojangles Duskull Male lvl. 32
Moves: Night Shade,Faint Attack,Disable,Astonish
Mules: Sally/ Zigzagoon Dianne/Wingull
My Progress
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2013
Beat Brock, Misty, Surge, Erika, and Sabina, Battling Koga now, Dragonair is lvl 52

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
I love this challenge. It's so easy, yet so hard.

I think I'll do this run with Deino/Zweilous/Hydreigon this time. I'll be doing this on my Black 2.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Alright, Volkner down. I have all 8 badges now. I find myself really bored of this challenge, so I may just push through to the end tonight. I'm never using a really strong Pokemon for a Solo ever again. Maybe something like Tentacruel...

Team:
475.gif

Roronoa
Lvl 68, Jolly
187/196/112/108/179/161
-Psycho Cut
-Close Combat
-Earthquake
-Leaf Blade

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Did all the team Aqua/Magma stuff that really pushes me away from the Hoenn games, really thats the only part I don't like about them.
Challenged the gym, sadly you HAVE to use at least 2 Pokemon. :/
vs
124.gif
125.gif
Spoiler:

Did some more Magma/Aqua stuff, freed Rayquaza to clean up after them.
Challenged Juan.
vs
126.gif
Spoiler:

Went over to Victory Road and saved at the entrance.
124.gif

Bewsa
Level 57
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Oblivious
Psychic, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Facade

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Time for the first update! What's annoying about Black 2 is that you can't trade before the 1st gym, and since I can't cheat, I had to wait until after the first gym to get Deino.

- Started game. Name: Lite. Rival's name: Darke.

- Chose Oshawott as starter. God pwned by Darke in the first battle.

- Trained Oshawott to LVL 13 and took on Cheren. Won the fight. Got first Gym Badge.

- Was finally able to trade in the Deino. Nickname: Hydra.

- Am currently grinding Hydra with Audino fights.

Hydra
deino_sprite_by_rika_wawa-d5jz05c.gif

Species: Deino
Level: 5

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
600076_224874687637767_1167734950_n.jpg

I finally did it! No more sweeping everything I encounter!

I skipped most of the trainers between Sunnyshore City and the Pokemon League, because I was tired of sweeping everything and wanted my battle with the E4 to be more challenging. Barry proved mildly difficult primarily due to his Staraptor having Intimidate. But I managed to beat him on the second try. He was actually more challenging than most of the E4 to be honest.

So, the E4 were pretty easy. Notably, Lucius was the hardest, since I had no moves for Psychic Pokemon. I swept Flint with Earthquake and Bertha with Leaf Blade. As for the Bugsy wannabe, I was able to sweep everything but Vespiqueen for some reason. I even got a Critical hit on Scizor!

Cynthia was the real challenge. I had many close calls. But I got really lucky with Garchomp, who I managed to score a Critical on (Thank you Razor Claw and Psycho Cut). This dropped him to the red, but luckily he had a berry, or I would have had to deal with a Full Restored Garchomp. On top of that, he missed his Dragon Rush, which surely would have killed me as I was below half health by this point. After that the rest was easy.

I'm gonna take a break from this challenge for a while, since I got very bored towards the end. As I said earlier, if I do another, it will be with something like Tentacruel who has really low attacking power.

Team:
475.gif

Roronoa
Lvl 74, Jolly
203/213/121/119/195/174
-Psycho Cut
-Close Combat
-Earthquake
-Leaf Blade

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Time for an update. A lot's happened over the past day.

- After grinding Hydra up to level 18, made my way to Roxie and challenged her. I actually 1HKO'd all her pokes with Dragon Rage.

- After some more grinding, beat up Team Plasma and made my way to Castelia City. This is where things start to get harder.

- Hydra gets up to Level 25 or so, and I challenge Burgh after the Team Plasma scenario.

- Beat Burgh by the skin of my teeth, literally only having three HP left after the last of his pokes.

- Hydra makes her way up to Level 30-something as I make my way to Nimbasa City and train some more.

- Beat Elesa relatively easy. Surprisingly 1HKO'd her Zebstrika with Crunch.

- Caught two extra Pokemon to get past Charles the Heartbreaker, but only actually used Hydra in the rotation battle. Proceeded to deposit those Pokes in the PC pretty much forever.

- Got to Driftveil city. Trained up a little more against trainers to get to Level 40 or so, and proceeded to challenge Clay.

- This is where I hit a roadblock. After making it through his gym easily, proceeded to challenge him.

- The thing about Clay is his Excadrill. His first two Pokemon were easy and were both 1HKO'd or 2HKO'd with Dragon Pulse/Crunch, but then comes the Excadrill. This thing can 1HKO Hydra provided its Slash/Metal Claw attack is a critical hit, which it often is, and it can 2HKO her with Slash/Metal Claw/Bulldoze.

- So basically, it's back to square one. I'm currently training on Audinos to become stronger and get past Clay, possibly evolving Hydra in the process. Fingers crossed.

Hydra ♀
deino_sprite_by_rika_wawa-d5jz05c.gif

LVL 41

Work Up
Dragon Rage
Dragon Pulse
Crunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back