• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My First Pixel-Art!

Rate my Pixelart!

• Wow! The best I've ever seen!

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • It's good! Could use a little work.

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • It's so-so.

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Its bad. It needs a lot of work.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IT'S THE WORST PIXELART EVER!

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
Last edited:

Minako

[O n d i n e]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 3, 2008
Beautiful pixel-art! I was -way- worse than that when I started. XD You did a great job. Love the colors. <3 If you don't mind, could I give you a few crits on how to improve? ^^

Years
Wow. Your first one? That's very impressive for your first piece. I'd like to see another one in the future if possible ^_^ This is fantastic. You did a great job on it. 10/10

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
I don't mind crits, at all. Actually, I welcome critisizm (or however you spell it...). It helps me improve!

I'm working on an Espeon now.

EDIT: Here's Espeon so far, I haven't gotten into major detailing and shading yet.

Hope y'all like it!

~Ho-Oh

Last edited:

Sailor Moon~

Magma Grunt Usako
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 30, 2009
Pretty darn good for your first.
I am also a pixel artist, although I doll more than I pixel. I have one thing to say. The shading is a little off, but it still looks killer. ^^ Black is the HARDEST thing ever to shade. I think you have great potental. Keep up the great work! ^^

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
That's awesome dude! Perfect! Umbreon is an awesome pokemon and you made it perfectly! The shading is flawless as is the anatomy. Simply awesome!

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
Hey, thanks, everyone! Yeh, black is an absolute KILLER to shade with... *remembers the first time shading with black* *dies*

Anyway, here's shaded Espeon!

Not meh best work, but I'm open to c&c!

~Ho-Oh

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
Years
Ah!!!!!! My eyes!!!!!!! too bright!!!!!! (* eyes melt*) can't see. Oh well, very good so I give it a simple 100/10

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
Yeh, I'm not that good at drawing Espeon. I messed up the head a little.

Well, now I'm working on a Lugia, and hopefully I'll recolor it sometime to make it Shadow Lugia!

The only thing is, Lugia is hard to pixelart...

EDIT: Well, here's my work-in-progress Lugia!

The top stuff are references and colors, and the bottom is the Lugia so far. I need to do detailing and put in the eyes, tail, black things on his back, feet, and shading.. but i think it's okay so far.

~Ho-Oh

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
Yay! I've finished Lugia!

It came out surprisingly good. But I think the tail is too.. thick...

And... SHADOW LUGIA!! (aka XD001)

Mainly a recolour and minor edit of the first one.

So... how are they?

~Ho-Oh

Last edited:

skie

Banned
Years
The Espion's lines are a littlke wavie but other than that their prefect! for a first timer *like my self* 5/10

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
Thanks! I'm thinking about doing a Ho-Oh next, or maybe groudon...

EDIT: I'll work on a Latias tomorrow, in the meantime, here's Danny Phantom from the TV show (if you watch it)

~Ho-Oh

Last edited:
Back