• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
The reasons why so many people don't believe the "reveal" by Pokemon Smash is because the supposed reveal was just Sylveon's voice actor dressing up and doing some silly stuff to supposedly test type effectiveness. We do not truly know if that is even the ultimate outcome of the final typing reveal or not. She could have been joking around in a little skit that may not have even been meant to be taken seriously.

Having Japanese cultural and language knowledge myself, I'd say that the skit was probably done to stir up debate about Sylveon's type, not to truly deconfirm or confirm anything. I do think that it will be a new type, though.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
What Serge said could be true. It could just be some silly skit. Though I did see, on the more recent bit, a skit that involved catching a very fat-looking Pachirisu (I swear to God, the actor looks like half a sumo wrestler). They showed the game alongside it, with damage, failed catches, etc. So maybe they ARE trying to match the game, but can't show us the shots yet. If the game has been up alongside, it would have said "super-effective", "not very effective" or something like that. Oh well.

lolwut?

It can't be normal or resisted to Ice and be a Flying type... Because... you see... Flying is weak to Ice...
That's what I said.

Oh, and I'm calling fake on the one guy above me.

Cyclone

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
I could swear I read somewhere that they're making a Faerie type that Sylveon is going to be a part of? And it is going to evolve with Moonstone?
I didn't read through this whole forum, so I don't know if it was already mentioned.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
What Serge said could be true. It could just be some silly skit. Though I did see, on the more recent bit, a skit that involved catching a very fat-looking Pachirisu (I swear to God, the actor looks like half a sumo wrestler). They showed the game alongside it, with damage, failed catches, etc. So maybe they ARE trying to match the game, but can't show us the shots yet. If the game has been up alongside, it would have said "super-effective", "not very effective" or something like that. Oh well.

That's what I said.

Oh, and I'm calling fake on the one guy above me.

Cyclone

At this point, if it's Flying type, I'll eat my shirt. (Seriously. It defies logical sense.) Unless the test only proves that Sylveon is not weak to ice, but not necessarily super-effective against it, in which scenario Flying might still be a possibility (as is everything else).

Cyclone
You said that... Which says if its not weak to ice, then flying is still possible... It should be if Sylveon is not really resistant of ice then flying is still possible... You basically said that flying type is more likely if information that clearly dictates that it isn't flying type is true...

Guy

just a guy
Years
I could swear I read somewhere that they're making a Faerie type that Sylveon is going to be a part of? And it is going to evolve with Moonstone?
I didn't read through this whole forum, so I don't know if it was already mentioned.
Eevee can't use the Moon Stone to evolve into Sylveon since the Moon Stone has never had an effect on Eevee before. Whatever the method for having it evolve, it will either have to be a new location or item. I liked the idea of using a rare and special ribbon in order to evolve it in the games.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
You said that... Which says if its not weak to ice, then flying is still possible... It should be if Sylveon is not really resistant of ice then flying is still possible... You basically said that flying type is more likely if information that clearly dictates that it isn't flying type is true...
I don't want to turn this into an argument in here, so I'll disect my own comments here and that will be all I say on this one-off bit.

At this point, if it's Flying type, I'll eat my shirt.
Translation: it won't be Flying type.

Unless the test only proves that Sylveon is not weak to ice, but not necessarily super-effective against it, in which scenario Flying might still be a possibility (as is everything else).
Translation: If Smash was just having a little bit of fun, and what they did means absolutely dog waste (I don't think I can use the more literal term here), then nothing they did means anything and it's still possible. Let's refer my later post here:

What Serge said could be true. It could just be some silly skit.
Deeper meaning: Flying type would still be possible. However, so would be Bug type, Ghost type, Dragon type, and heck, even Fighting type. But I still say it will NOT be Flying type. I am not saying it's likely, more likely, or something I expect to happen. In fact, Flying type, I have always said, will NOT happen.

And that ends that discussion. If you want to carry it further, VM me please.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Eevee can't use the Moon Stone to evolve into Sylveon since the Moon Stone has never had an effect on Eevee before. Whatever the method for having it evolve, it will either have to be a new location or item. I liked the idea of using a rare and special ribbon in order to evolve it in the games.

True, otherwise it would have just evolved in Generation I. It's not like an item that has done nothing for it in the past will just suddenly start working. I'm kind of hoping for just a strange evolution method that isn't really either item or location. I liked that rumor for which Pokémon it was (Pancham maybe) of turning the 3DS upside down so the gyroscope recognizes it and evolves it. Something wacky like that would be really cool, plus it'd definitely be an evolution method that the games could explore and use Eevee as the guinea pig for.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
This is going to sound really stupid (and forgive me for this but)....

..Back in R/S/E, Feebas was the first and pretty much only Pokemon of it's kind to evolve by enhancing a beauty stat of some sort. Not that I'm saying that those stats have to exist again (they were a pain to maintain, I know. x_x), but it'd be nice for Eevee to evolve via competing at contests, which is just a passing thought in my mind, I suppose. Something like that, like if it gets a certain ribbon, like Shivi said.

No, that'd definitely be cool. I mean, Eevee isn't really going from ugly to beautiful so maybe in that regard it wouldn't make perfect sense, but it at least to me definitely has a sense of beauty to it. They could also have it evolve holding the Prism Scale as well, as that caused Feebas to evolve in Gen V. I don't really see either these being it's evolution method, but it's possible I guess!

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
But if it were to evolve in some bizarre method recognized by the 3DS, what would they do later on when they get the new handheld? If it doesn't have the same features, it'd be a pain to always have to play and transfer in a new Pokemon to the 3DS to get it to evolve and then transfer it back :x

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
But if it were to evolve in some bizarre method recognized by the 3DS, what would they do later on when they get the new handheld? If it doesn't have the same features, it'd be a pain to always have to play and transfer in a new Pokemon to the 3DS to get it to evolve and then transfer it back :x

But they've done exactly that with Feebas' evolution method. Instead of using its Beauty status to evolve, it's by trade with the Prism Scale. So if the evolution method for Sylveon this generation is dependent on something like the rumor for Pancham and having to use the gyroscope to evolve it, they can certainly go back and change it later. What they actually have up their sleeves I haven't a clue =P Pretty much they can make Sylveon evolve however they want and have the liberty to change it later.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well if the method depends on movement of the 3DS like with the rumored evolution of a rumored Pokemon, Nintendo could always put that into their other systems as other games may use it/ they keep the step counter in future consoles, and if not they'll proably go down the Feebas route as seen in Gen 5.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Well if the method depends on movement of the 3DS like with the rumored evolution of a rumored Pokemon, Nintendo could always put that into their other systems as other games may use it/ they keep the step counter in future consoles, and if not they'll proably go down the Feebas route as seen in Gen 5.

For things like the rumored Gyroscope evolution, I don't see stuff like that going away in new handhelds. If Sylveon were to evolve with a method like that, I'd assume that it would be able to stay the same in future generations. I doubt they'd use the same evolution method as Pancham though (if the gyroscope method rumor turns out to be true), so I don't know how else they would use the 3DS features to evolve it.

Years
For things like the rumored Gyroscope evolution, I don't see stuff like that going away in new handhelds. If Sylveon were to evolve with a method like that, I'd assume that it would be able to stay the same in future generations. I doubt they'd use the same evolution method as Pancham though (if the gyroscope method rumor turns out to be true), so I don't know how else they would use the 3DS features to evolve it.
Pancham's rumored method is evolving with a Dark type and by level up isn't it? The one with the Gyroscope is some other not seen (rumored) Pokémon.
Besides they could use the method again like how the Sinnoh eeveelutions weren't the only one's that evolve by leveling up in a certain location.
Maybe Sylveon will go back to the roots of Gen 1 eeveelution and evolve by stone? Maybe a stone that evolves the new type?

Nakala Pri

A whole new type! Like... Fairy type! Mind you, it would completely ruin the originals. Like Cleffairy and excreta. But what about the moves? Pixie glance? Magic wand? Plus what about the effects? Paralyses, Poison, Sleep? I'm going to go with sleep. I'm doubting my decision, but think about it, Sylveon hasn't even got wings! xD

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Am I the only one who thinks that "Fairy" type sounds silly....I guess I am. Poor Sylveon....please god let the type be something cool sounding....

Years
Here's what I think:
Generation V was like a re-birth of Generation I, that's why there were no evo's or pre-evo's of other pokemon or a Remake of the Gen. III games. This generation will be like Generation II, which makes me think it will introduce at least one new type. This, along with Nintendo/Gamefreak keeping it's type so secret, leads me to believe Sylveon is some new type.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I like Fairy type because although at first it sounds like something really girly and pink, but there are plenty of fairies that are actually pretty deadly and evil so hopefully if Fairy is real then we'll have a good mix of both types of fairies and not just the cutesy pink ones.

Years
I suggested calling it Spirit before as traditional fairies are a kind of spirit, however it maybe overlap with Ghost. Maybe call it the Mystic type? It'll it could be like of combo of the fairy and magic type speculations.

Back