• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

△ HYRULE △ The Golden Era △ [OOC/SU]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
oh-you-use-willy-wonka-memes-you-must-be-so-original.jpg

Some examples of what to do in Hyrule may be nice...

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
wonka.jpg

And that allows a lot of freedom, like a Gerudo dance party. Just think that there should be something for us to go off of for our first posts in a new RP, y'know?

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Well, here's the finished SU. Are there any problems with it?

Name: Everyn Umbran
Nickname: Ryn
Race: Twili
Sex: Male
Career: Traveler

Appearance: At a glance, Everyn doesn't appear to be too different from other Twili. He stands at about 5'10" and is fairly thin, with the usual Twili-patterned skin. His orange hair, which has yellow highlights mixed in, is about neck-length and is usually tied back into a simple ponytail. Everyn's orange-iris eyes don't have a problem with holding a staring contest, and others have been known to look away first. His normal apparel consists of an ash-gray tunic and dark-gray trousers; he also wears a black cloak with a Twili-patterned inside. Everyn carries a six-foot staff made of oak, fitted with steel tips, which he can fight with.

Personality: Everyn is a vigilant Twili who is often mischievous. He keeps an eye on his surroundings, sometimes for his safety and sometimes for a chance to pull a prank of some sort. It helps, or doesn't help, that he can levitate or assume shadow form. Everyn uses one or both of these Twili abilities when searching an area, keeping watch, or getting away from someone who didn't appreciate his sense of humor. More often than not, sometimes because of someone's racial discrepancy, Everyn prefers not to show himself when possible. His vigilance is helped by the fact that Everyn seems to have a sharper awareness of his surroundings. Despite his 'humor', Everyn won't try to pull off anything he thinks is too dangerous or extreme...on a daily basis.

Underneath his mischief is a feeling of independence. Everyn prefers to ignore the laws of the land of Hyrule. Usually, the only people who could compel him are Torgaz Zheik, the Twili royalty, and the Hyrule royalty, in that order. Everyn doesn't restrict himself to just traveling with any one person, not when he feels there's something else he can, or needs to, do. Even deeper than his independence is a lurking hunger for power, which Everyn tries to not show to anyone. Despite what might seem like 'adequate' control over his own abilities, Everyn feels there is more he could learn and often tries pushing the boundaries of his abilities. If he could find some way to expand on his shadow energy, or learn some new magic, Everyn is more likely than not to go for it.

History: Everyn Umbran was born right around the time that Ganondorf seized power in Hyrule, though the timing seemed to be only coincidence. He was raised with the thought that he would serve one of the Royal Houses, but Everyn never really wanted to do so. Around the age of ten years, it became evident both that Everyn kept causing trouble, and that he was coming into some sort of magic. After an older mage by the name of Thuri examined him, it was deduced that the young Twili had no apparent affinity for anything other than the shadow energy he displayed as a natural ability.

Thuri decided to teach Everyn to control his ability, partly as a cover to prevent more trouble. After some time, Everyn also realized the ability to create portals, though he wasn't sure if it came from himself or from his training. As weeks passed, Everyn divided his time between his training, pressing his mentor to teach him more, and causing some ruckus in parts of the Twilight Realm. He didn't work so well with discipline. There was indeed, as Thuri discovered, more magic that Everyn could learn where it concerned his shadow energy. However, Everyn seemed too troublesome and, perhaps, a bit power-hungry. Besides, the mage didn't have much knowledge concerning Everyn's particular ability.

Everyn was 13 when Thuri took him on a trip outside the Twilight Realm. Everyn had pushed his mentor beyond patience with a particularly loud request to learn more magic. There was supposed to be a store of magical knowledge hidden somewhere in the Lost Woods, or so Thuri told him. After a brief visit to Kakariko Village, they entered the Lost Woods. The fruitless 'search' lasted a few weeks before Everyn's mentor decided they had searched long enough and, with Everyn's portal, soon returned to the Twilight Realm. Whatever the mage's intentions had been, their search and subsequent return had only increased Everyn's hunger for power and taught him to hide that hunger. If only wielding his abilities was less tiring...

Several months later, Everyn tricked his mentor into following him through a portal back into the Lost Woods, near an area he'd remembered to be infested with monsters. The two Twili hadn't argued long before Everyn struck out in anger at Thuri. Two Wolfos, which had been drawn by the noise, jumped the older Twili while his attention was on Everyn. Watching his mentor die pushed Everyn to turn and flee with the sick feeling that he was responsible. He had never caused anyone's death before. Fleeing in this manner, it was two days later when Everyn stumbled across an injured Rito. Rememering the village, the Twili opened a portal and carried the Rito, Torgaz, through and found a Hylian healer in Kakariko Village.

Everyn began exploring the less dangerous areas of Hyrule after that, feeling too guilty to return to the Twilight Realm. A few weeks later, he decided to trail a Hylian on his way out of Hyrule Town, with the intent of misplacing a few of the Hylian's things every once in a while and watching the confused man. As it turned out, the Hylian remained in the fields of Hyrule, tracking monsters and hunting those he could fight by himself. Over the next few days, he never seemed to mind finding his belongings in different places at times. Everyn found himself wondering why, and how a man with a staff but no sword or spear could fight (not counting the bow for ranged hunting). He kept out of sight and watched the Hylian, deciding that, hey, why not learn how to fight with a staff as this man did?

Everyn tried to learn with a long stick he found and by watching from a distance. It didn't work out so well, even though he learned what imbuing the stick with his shadow energy could do. Everyn appeared and tried to help the Hylian with one particular fight; the man began training him once it became apparent that the Twili wouldn't go away or leave him alone. Everyn got his own staff to fight with and trained for the next year or so, still pulling what he thought were fun pranks along the way. He also left the Hylian, named Krisko, at times to do his own wanderings, often popping up in Kakariko Village to check up on Torgaz the Rito.

At the age of 15, Everyn had learned what he'd wanted to learn from Krisko, mostly about staff-fighting, and asked the Hylian if he knew anything about magic; he was disappointed when Krisko said no, he didn't know anything. They said their goodbyes to each other, and Everyn left for Kakariko Village. He learned, the day afterward, that the 'dishonorable' Rito had fled before he could be held and questioned. Everyn resumed his aimless wanderings, keeping an eye and an ear out for anything about Torgaz or a potential way to learn more magic. It was some time before the Twili found Torgaz again, fighting a group of Goblins. After that, Everyn spent much of his time helping Torgaz with his new occupation, still feeling mischievous at times, still looking for a way to learn more...

Magic

Shadow Energy: Ability to imbue or shock a person, creature, or object with shadow-like energy. Imbuing a weapon, like a staff, puts more force behind its blows.
(Magic Consumption: Medium; more shadow energy consumes more magic. Everyn hasn't yet managed to imbue anything for more than an hour or so.)

Portals: Ability to create or open a portal between two locations. Can also destroy portals of his own making.
(Magic Consumption: Medium to High; increases with greater distance. Used only to create, open, or destroy a portal; also used to maintain a temporary portal.)

Password: Red Rupees.

There are rumors of dark sorcerers and such, yes? Someone might go off onto something to do with that. Or maybe there's a scuffle of some sort because of racial discrepancies. Or...well, there's room for probably several different things, though since we start at sunset, the time would limit some ideas. Perhaps someone's trying to steal something...

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Is the Rito Postal System already in existence? I"d like to start my first post with a letter

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Well, here's the finished SU. Are there any problems with it?
Accepted.

Is the Rito Postal System already in existence? I"d like to start my first post with a letter
It is.

Wait... The IC is up?!? And I wasn't notified?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Hey, guess what? It's up. Glad I notified you, right?

Actually, no, we're still waiting for the IC to be made available for posting.
IT'S UP NOW, SO... YEAH.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
I'll try and get a hyllian in. Shame I can't use Relak again. Oh well I typically prefer a more dex than strength charcter.

---------------------- (edit. here's a majority of it. I may add more to the appearence and of course I haven't touched ont he history yet.)

Name: Jakio Rycain

Nickname: Themajority of things he is called besides his names are not quite appropriate tolist.

Race: Hyllian

Sex: male

Career: woodsmen (well apprentice of one)

Appearance: Jakio stands 6'2" but has a lean build, which isperfect for his line of work. Dark brown scraggy untrimmed hair falls aroundhis head covering his ears and neck. Dark emerald green eyes stare intimidatingout from under his mop of hair. His face has many sharp features that remindmost of a fox or wolf.

He wears a dark green-gray tunic over a light brown longsleeve shirt. Jakio's pants are dark brown cotton trousers. He wears softleather boots to help him move silently. On both of his wrists are leatherbracers the one on his left is specially made to deflect the bow-string afterfiring an arrow, while the other is a partial gauntlet to help when drawingback an arrow or when using his falchion. Jakio wears other light leatherarmor: shoulder pads, shin guards, chest piece etc. The chest piece is wornbetween his shirt and tunic to deceive foes of a weak point.

((just saying its only green because he works in a forest. Itsnot meant to be like link, and it is rather different in shade.))

Personality: (How does your character act? How does he/shethink? Do they have any racial discrepancies? This section must define yourcharacter as a person.)

A very quiet person Jakio keeps away from most others. Heprefers the quiet of his small cabin in the woods outside of his village home.He tends to stay serious and prefers not to get involved in many of the thingsthat are so crucial to others: money, property, and fame. His own pride, honor,and integrity are reward enough for his work in life.

As an apprentice Jakio's overconfidence often gets him introuble. He does have skill, more than most of his master's previousapprentices, but nowhere near as much as he claims. His main proficiency iswith a recurve bow, but he also uses a hatchet, and two daggers. He thinks aweapon tells a lot more about a person than words, and it leads him to judgepeople mostly based on that rather than other factors.

Jakio only wants one thing in life and that is a bit ofsolace. He believes working for the majority of his life will earn him somereal peace as it ends. He intends to live through whatever the world throws athim, and then use it to fight back. It's all about adaptability. He thinks thathe is capable of doing anything or taking on any challenge so long as he isgiven time to ready.

History: (What has your character been doing before the RPstarted? What events of importance took place? Please note that the fight wherethe Hero of Time fell was ten years previous. If he/she wasn't there, theyweren't there. This section must explain enough to give your characterbackground.)

Other: Jakio can't stand drinking most potions.

Password: red rupee

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
So...does anybody want to meet up at some point?

For those who TL;DR my post: My character is near the Gerudo Valley, and is going to head out once morning comes.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
I'd be interested in joining you Lilizuki but it'd be a real OOC thing for both of my characters to immediately do...

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
A LITTLE THYME!!

By the way, jasonwolf, Accepted.

Anyways, Nait is currently kittying around in Lon Lon Ranch with Malon.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Kamui, aka Oz, is in the lab at Lake Hylia. Feel free to have an interaction with my character. This RP apparently has less posts that Youkai Academy!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
... I haven't even put in a history...

*my darkside whispers* shut up you fool you got in without having to work.

You can add the History whenever you're done with it, but I trust you'll make a fine one, and the rest of the Sign-up looked good. SO I still expect you to get on that, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

EDIT:

Anyone want to meet with Nait? You could have them come to the Lon Lon Ranch, or maybe I could have him go to one of your characters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back