• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Marijuana!

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
^ Well one thing I've noticed is that the more you smoke the easier it is to taste the flavor of the actual buds. And some of it--most of it tastes really good. And that glass with dinner for the "taste" could rightfully be applied to marijuana. Even if that one glass doesn't get you drunk... it definitely loosens the mood, and again, that same thing could be applied to marijuana. The two are very similar in such regards.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
^ Well one thing I've noticed is that the more you smoke the easier it is to taste the flavor of the actual buds. And some of it--most of it tastes really good. And that glass with dinner for the "taste" could rightfully be applied to marijuana. Even if that one glass doesn't get you drunk... it definitely loosens the mood, and again, that same thing could be applied to marijuana. The two are very similar in such regards.

Well, they're both downers so mixing them wont cause any harm. Just don't smoke then drink lol, I made that mistake once. Drink and then smoke, the marijuana settles the stomach because it's marijuana lol. Once again proves marijuana is better and safer than alcohol... Well I did it with hard liquor but as long as you drink then smoke your fine. Don't get all stupid and chug a whole bottle then smoke cos it wont do much.

I guess this would go with the discussion. I just got 4 teeth extracted yesterday and they gave me 10 mg hydrocodones, which is fine I guess but why couldn't they give me marijuana... I know I can't smoke it because of the extraction but I can definitely make pot tea or something and still get the effects. It's much safer than risking the addiction to these hydros. I could prob make pot brownies or something (without nuts) and that would help the pain.. Still no physical addiction there.

Yes marijuana does have a mental addiction, the same mental addiction you get from video games, music, and such.. You don't wanna quit those but you won't go crazy if you do, you'll just miss them and that's the mental addiction. While drugs like heroin, methamphetamine, crack/cocaine, any oxy in pill, Vicodin, pretty much any percocet, or opiate is addicting and physically addicting. You go through withdraws when getting off the addiction. But marijuana your just like, "Oh well, guess I can't smoke no more" and nothing happens. I've had to quit smoking many times due to jobs that require drug screenings and everything but never went through withdraws. Just when you start back up your so far gone you got your space suit on. But yet it's not dangerous. If you don't got it you don't tweak out, go all psychotic like crack heads and stuff your just like, "oh well". Lol. So yes it should be legalized, no matter what.... Just shouldn't be allowed to sell it.. I guess they could purchase a business card or something that costs a couple thousand but you pay it over time giving you the authority to grow and sell it. I don't see too many people purchasing a $2,500 card tho, but that's what they should do to still allow people to grow it. I think it's fair.. All the weed you want for a year and you can grow it, hell ya, who wouldn't?

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
you smoke pot for a desired effect - an impairment, with alcohol you can drink to achieve that but you don't need to.

The hell do I, I'd say I was anything but impaired while high. That is however the exact reason I don't drink!

I'll have you know I get nothing but grief from it; There isn't an alcoholic drink that I don't think tastes absolutely awful, and that doesn't make me feel like an idiot as it diminishes all my cognitive faculties.

I also strongly reject any comments saying that you can't use weed purely for the taste, or that to do so requires a lot of it.

If you're smoking get some glass, some wick and throw any tobacco you have away and you'll see what I mean. Most importantly remember that you're not obligated to smoke a **** load.
You can cook it too an achieve some fantastic flavours, again just don't use as much as you would need too to get high.

Last edited:

Sir Codin

I don't have any problem with it being legal, really.

But I had a couple of room mates who smoked pot and they ended up being really annoying. Not really taking any responsibility for anything or what not. Plus, the smell wasn't really all that good, but then again, neither is tobacco smoke. But I guess the whole irresponsibility part comes with just about any drug and alcohol if you're addicted to it, so if cannibis is less harmful than alcohol/tobacco as they say, I don't really see a good reason for it to be illegal.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
The only downside to marijuana is it can tear familys apart, especially if the non smokers are against it. People that don't smoke it automatically think of it as a gateway drug when they are wrong, and have no clue what they're talking about. But it's really up to the person smoking it whether they wanna risk losing family over it or not.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
At the two above: annoying people will be annoying with or without marijuana. If they are lazy slobs... they will be lazy slobs regardless of whether they smoke or not. The same goes for families... it isn't smoking weed that drives them apart it is their misguided conception of the plant that does. Not to mention if it were legal then people would not condemn it so harshly and families would not fall apart . The concern a lot of people have is only because it's illegal. My grandpa, for example, is against smoking but only on his property because he thinks he can lose his house. If it were legal, he'd have nothing to fear and thus no issue with it.

At the two above: annoying people will be annoying with or without marijuana. If they are lazy slobs... they will be lazy slobs regardless of whether they smoke or not. The same goes for families... it isn't smoking weed that drives them apart it is their misguided conception of the plant that does. Not to mention if it were legal then people would not condemn it so harshly and families would not fall apart . The concern a lot of people have is only because it's illegal. My grandpa, for example, is against smoking but only on his property because he thinks he can lose his house. If it were legal, he'd have nothing to fear and thus no issue with it.

Last edited:

Sir Codin

My grandpa, for example, is against smoking but only on his property because he thinks he can lose his house. If it were legal, he'd have nothing to fear and thus no issue with it.
Yeah, that reminds me of a bartender of a bar I used to frequent. There was supposed to be a live band playing at the bar one of the nights I was there enjoying a margarita, but he kicked them out because they were smoking pot on the bar porch. He later stated he wasn't anti-marijuana, just "anti-marijuana in his bar" because he could lose his bar license if the police caught these guys smoking pot in his bar.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm pretty borderlined with Marijuana's legalization. On one hand, it'll help our revenue cost, especially on California's economy, and provide medical use. On the other hand, in an episode of South Park, a law was passed to legalize Marijauna, but it was limited to only cancer patients, which caused its citizens to get themselves cancer in order to get their hands on the marijuana. It was then concluded that KFC was keeping people from getting cancer, as it was closed to be a marijuana shop due to a law that passed to bans food with high trans-fat, so both laws were repealed. An episode of Family Guy also showed what happens when marijuana was legal: everyone was doing absolutely nothing, thus companies are losing money due to their workers not doing their job. According to my health book, Health: The Basics, the effects of overuse of marijuana may cause testicular cancer, anxeity, depression, suicidal ideation, schizophrenia, suppression of the immune system, blood pressure changes, and impaired memory function.

Last edited:

Sir Codin

I'm pretty borderlined with Marijuana's legalization. On one hand, it'll help our revenue cost, especially on California's economy, and provide medical use. On the other hand, in an episode of South Park, a law was passed to legalize Marijauna, but it was limited to only cancer patients, which caused its citizens to get themselves cancer in order to get their hands on the marijuana. It was then concluded that KFC was keeping people from getting cancer, as it was closed to be a marijuana shop due to a law that passed to bans food with high trans-fat, so both laws were repealed. An episode of Family Guy also showed what happens when marijuana was legal: everyone was doing absolutely nothing, thus companies are losing money due to their workers not doing their job. According to my health book, Health: The Basics, the effects of overuse of marijuana may cause testicular cancer, anxeity, depression, suicidal ideation, schizophrenia, suppression of the immune system, blood pressure changes, and impaired memory function.
You do realize South Park and Family Guy are just comedy/satire TV shows, right?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
You do realize South Park and Family Guy are just comedy/satire TV shows, right?

Comedy/satire TV shows that give out clever morals near the end of every episode. If they show what happens when marijuana is legal, even if it's down to extreme measures for comedic factor, then it must be true. Comedians tend to bring better points on topics when poking on both sides of the debate and provide their own solution.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Are you.. being serious? It is comedy. They are purposely taking the truth and making it seem worse/funny. You could give yourself cancer to get weed, yeah... but who would? No one, that is what makes it so ridiculous. The same goes for kfc, the claim that it stops cancer is not only a logical absurdity.... but we all know bad fast food is. So there again it is funny, but not really based truth.

And as for your health book... you should get a new one. It is widely known that cannabis actually destroys cancerous cells. I don't know what you mean about this testicular cancer...

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
According to ignorant users on Serebii they think marijuana will kill you and makes you angry like your on PCP. Last time I checked marijuana helps mental illnesses and calms you down. If you get aggressive while high of off marijuana it was obviously laced or they have no clue what they're talking about. I'ts been proven to cure cancer, help with aids, adhd, glaucoma, anxiety, stress, depression, etc. Idk what they're talking about.

Saturated fats, which are hamburgers, bacon, hot dogs, etc can block your arteries, increase your blood pressure and then eventually lead to heart problems, and then heart attacks. It doesn't say it will, if you chronic eat it then it may, but if you eat it in moderation you'll be perfectly fine.

Caffeine can strip you of your vitamins and minerals, cause heart palpitations, anxiety, blurred vision, leading the heart palpitations to a possible heart attack and interferes with the absorption of calcium. That doesn't make it bad, but in moderation it's perfectly fine.

Alcohol can cause anxiety, slow breathing and heart rate, impaired judgement, loss of consciousness, suffocation through choking on your own vomit and potentially fatal alcohol poisoning. Alcohol dehydrates you, dries out your skin, and if you drink heavily you may develop rosacea, a skin disorder that starts with a tendency to blush and flush easily and can progress to facial disfigurment, a condition known as rhinophyma. Alcohol is also linked with liver disease. That doesn't make it bad, you just gotta drink in moderation, and drinking in moderation has been proven to help the heart.

The same goes for marijuana, moderate use is just fine, just like all the others I've mentioned. Just because it says those things doesn't mean it's gonna happen. Just because you eat a hamburger everyday doesn't mean your gonna die from a heart attack. Just because you drink a pot of coffee everyday doesn't mean your gonna have a heart attack, just because you drink a couple beers a day doesn't mean your gonna have liver failure, and a bowl or 2 of marijuana everyday will not cause any issues either because it's using it in moderation and not abusing it.

Rain Dancer

Wanderer
Years
I think governments should not meddle with what people choose to put in their bodies.. Simple. Do we have no freedom to do as we wish as conscious beings?

I also think there's a conglomerate of corporate powers constantly pushing for weed illegality because of several reasons, including how hemp would destroy the current rigged money-generating playing field. This would mean an excellent renewable source of everything hemp is good for, low cost, and abundant.

Max Igan here puts it wonderfully.

Last edited:
Years
Yes it should be legalized. I don't endorse it nor do I oppose using it, but there is no reason for it to be illegal while tobacco is still legal. Please gov, it may help the drug wars come to an end!! People's lives end over a little plant being exchanged. If it were more available, then maybe we wouldn't see violence over something so insignificant.

There are more things to be feared, for instance the fact that soda probably causes more damage than marijuana. People out there are dying of eating disorders ranging form anorexia to obesity. I think marijuana is not something that authorities should stress over.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
And as for your health book... you should get a new one. It is widely known that cannabis actually destroys cancerous cells. I don't know what you mean about this testicular cancer...

To quote from the book:

"Recent research has found that frequent and/or long-term marijuana use may significantly increasea man's risk of developing testicular cancer. The researchers found that being a marijuana smoker at the time of diagnosis was associated with a 70 percent increased risk of testicular cancer. The risk was particularly elevated (about twice that of those who never smoked marijuana) for those who used marijuana at least weekly or who had long-term exposure to the substance beginning in adolescence. The results also suggested that the association with marijuana use might be limited to nonseminoma, an aggresive, fast-growing testicular malignancy that tendsto strike early,between 20 and 35, and accounts for about 40 percent of all testicular cancer cases" (Donatelle 218).

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I couldn't help to notice (not on PC) that people treat marijuana as PCP or crack cocaine. People are delusional and brainwashed by the govt. propaganda and some actually believe it causes people to go on killing sprees and stuff. The only reason it's illegal is because the govt. knows it's not a controlled substance and anybody can grow it and sell it, meaning no tax money for them. If marijuana was legalized it would put lots of cops out of business. The prisons are filled with people that were selling marijuana and as long as it's illegal the govt. will make money off of it. I don't believe it's gonna be legalized in every state anytime soon, but that wont stop me from smoking it.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Not exactly "cure" but it fights metastasis and retards the growth of tumors and the such. Unlike other chemo drugs, it is selective and destroys only cancerous cells as opposed to healthy ones.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/06/marijuana-fights-cancer-and-helps-manage-side-effects-researchers-find.html

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Not exactly "cure" but it fights metastasis and retards the growth of tumors and the such. Unlike other chemo drugs, it is selective and destroys only cancerous cells as opposed to healthy ones.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...lps-manage-side-effects-researchers-find.html

Thank you, I didn't exactly mean it "cured" it, I just couldn't find a valid way to explain it. God, it's such a thrill arguing with people on Serebii because anything I or anyone else says they bat it down as not valid information even if we post links. You guys got a clue why they're like this? I know I shouldn't of brough it here but they're making me really confused.

Back