• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
The Simple Question & Answer Thread

I'm doing a challenge run in which I need to get an Oddish. And the closest ones are on the route right after Slateport city, so is there any way for me to get to Slateport City BEFORE doing the first gym?

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
I'm doing a challenge run in which I need to get an Oddish. And the closest ones are on the route right after Slateport city, so is there any way for me to get to Slateport City BEFORE doing the first gym?
I don't think there is...
You need to beat the first Gym so you can go to Dewford then Slateport.
So, you can't go to Slateport before beating the first gym.

Agous

Solid Mercury?
Years
Hey!
I've got a party of 6 six pokemon on FireRed, and im at the Elite 4, but i have lv 45's :/
I there any place that is really quick to train in? Or any Pokemon that gives off a lot of exp.?
Thanks for the help if ya give it :D

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
Hey!
I've got a party of 6 six pokemon on FireRed, and im at the Elite 4, but i have lv 45's :/
I there any place that is really quick to train in? Or any Pokemon that gives off a lot of exp.?
Thanks for the help if ya give it :D
Try to use VS Seeker, it helps you a lot.
I hope this helps.

RimasLT

My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333
Years
What's the biggest differences between Fire Red & Leaf Green?

I have both versions ,but no none of them have differences. It's like the same game ....
So who can tell me all differences between them? Thanks for the answers from all of you :)

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
The only difference is that you get different Pokemon in each one. Like not a huge difference, just a small one. Like FireRed you get Growlithe, LeafGreen you get Vulpix. Also, in LeafGreen you get Staryu. In FireRed you get Psyduck. I could be wrong. It's just Pokemon, though.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I'm not trying to mini-mod, but I have a question instead.
Is this a thread of FR vs LG or more like questioning the difference between versions?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'm not trying to mini-mod, but I have a question instead.
Is this a thread of FR vs LG or more like questioning the difference between versions?
Think of it as more like a help thread. If someone has a question about 3rd gen games (e.g. 'Where can I catch ___', 'What's the difference between FR and LG', etc), then they can ask it here rather than make a new thread about it. It's also explained in the first post.

(Also woah, thread is nearing 5 years of age.)

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
I've recently been hunting for Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Sapphire and today I found a Shiny Rayquaza after only 2 hours of soft resetting.

It has the same nature as my Shiny Blaziken, the only other shiny I've obtained in this game, which I don't think much of. It's Sassy nature, a pretty bad nature to be honest. I encountered my Shiny Torchic about 2 hours after turning on my game as well, so maybe I just hit the same RNG Frame.

However, something else happened literally 30 minutes after encountering Shiny Rayquaza. I decided I had some time left, so I went to go soft-reset on Beldum. Maybe 10 minutes into turning on my game, Shiny Beldum. Guess what? Sassy nature as well.

Is there anything going on with my RNG Frames? 3 shiny Pokemon with the same nature, one of which found earlier than the others and couldn't possibly be the same. My battery is run dry, so maybe that helps. It all seems too convenient to be a coincidence.

I decided to drop the Shiny Sassy Beldum and start over because people might suspect I'm cheating and I assure you that I'm not. I don't even think I'll mention to other people that I found it simply because I don't want to seem like a cheater.

(I have a pretty odd history with the Sassy nature, actually. Back when I WAS a cheater and cheated the **** out of Pokemon Emerald, Emerald's shiny code forced Sassy nature every time. But I'm not cheating. I even have a video of me capturing Shiny Rayquaza; no cheating device)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
I just caught a lvl 30 Magikarp. I want to evolve it into a Gyarados but I'm not sure how that works with the moves Gyarados learns from level 20 to 30. Will it learn those at lvl 31 or should I stick to my level 21 Gyarados?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I just caught a lvl 30 Magikarp. I want to evolve it into a Gyarados but I'm not sure how that works with the moves Gyarados learns from level 20 to 30. Will it learn those at lvl 31 or should I stick to my level 21 Gyarados?

If Magikarp evolves at Lv.31, he will not regain the moves he missed from those levels.

However you are able to re-learn those moves by a Heart Scale Move Tutor on Fallabor Town in RSE or Mushroom Maniac on Two Island in FrLg.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
Questions about Kanto

Hi

Im currently working on a "Hardmode" for Pokemon FireRed, and I have bumped into something. Im, of course, doing my best to make a progressive level increase, but.. well let me explain:

There is a pretty straight line to Misty, but then it looks like a path opens to "skip" a big part. Is it possible, after defeating Misty, to enter the Rock Tunnel, Underground path from Lavender to Celadon, enter the Team Rocket Hideout, continue to the Pokemon Tower, enter Silph Co. and then defeat Sabrina? Or am I missing out on an obstacle somewhere?

Years
Sorry, I don't know that..

But I did wanted to ask that this "Hardmode" of yours ment that you get a team of 6 magikarps and try to play complete the game with them. While obviously not evolving them.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
Hah, nah that would have to be an extra challenge the player chooses to do :P Im just increaseing levels and evolving stuff, although HardMode might sound a bit harsh.. Its just harder :)

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
You will have to go through SS Anne to get the HM01 Cut in order to get to the Rock Tunnel, as there's a cuttable tree that's blocking the path east of Cerulean. Other than that, yes, you can do all that (the HM Lt Surge's badge enables is the optional one: HM02 Fly, so you can potentially skip him for now).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
You will have to go through SS Anne to get the HM01 Cut in order to get to the Rock Tunnel, as there's a cuttable tree that's blocking the path east of Cerulean. Other than that, yes, you can do all that (the HM Lt Surge's badge enables is the optional one: HM02 Fly, so you can potentially skip him for now).

Ow, you are right - I actually should've known that! Well that saves a big part of it :) What about Erika and Koga (or a visit to Fuschia)? Are they necessary for anything before Sabrina? And another thing - after Silph Co., is it possible to go straight to Giovanni without visiting Cinnabar (or Fuschia for that matter)?

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
Beating Erika and Koga isn't necessary to fight Sabrina, no. Erika, Sabrina and Koga can be fought in any order, if you don't mind the level of their Pokémon.

However, about Giovanni, no, you must have the other seven badges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back