• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
I would suggest that you mess with RMXP a bit and reading the notes before you start to make your game.

...i did read the notes, just evertime i put the npc out it screws up and doesnt move its route, and i dont see the pokemon ow/sprites to put out as npcs.

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
I don't get it I don't even have map seven are you trying to say i need his room connected to the first map?

....get the map id from going into rpgxp, and then click map 007. (or any map) the id of the map will be in the status bar (002, 001, 000, 003, 004, 005, 006, 007 and so on) you have to go into the pbs folder the find conections.txt and edit it and take out w.e map id you dont have their or w.e map id you dont want conected to the other map -_-.

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
....get the map id from going into rpgxp, and then click map 007. (or any map) the id of the map will be in the status bar (002, 001, 000, 003, 004, 005, 006, 007 and so on) you have to go into the pbs folder the find conections.txt and edit it and take out w.e map id you dont have their or w.e map id you dont want conected to the other map -_-.

to add on to this make sure you dont delete the map 51 its the intro. also you could go to the visual editor and redo the connections that way i find it alot more effetive.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
how do u make a battle with a trainer (npc) and stuff liek that? and i want to know how to make pokemon follow you/npc follow you and how to have a pokemon out at as a npc and how to set routes for npcs =( sorry im kinda REALY new to this =(.

to make a battle with an npc, read the note.html, it tells you, but the easiest way is to copy one of the origanal battles in the sk and just edit it (which is what i do, because i'm to lazy to do it all my self. :D)

also, go to youtube, and search for rmxp tutorials, they have a LOT of them. it can help you learn everything a lot faster.

and you would have to set an event to dependent in order for it to fallow the player from map to map, but it's kind of buggy (way to buggy) so i would just do without it if i were you.

and lastly, to set a route, go to the event, click on the spot that says fixed in the autonomous movement , change it to random, or custom.

if you change it to custom, then click move route, and set the movement route, :D easy.

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
THANK YOU, dang you have been doing alot for me =] and so has wichu (like 4 weeks ago or less) thnx alot!!

gotron228

^_^
Years

sorry that I'm being a total noob but i still don't get it

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
Years
Gotron. They are saying MAP05 is connected to the starting room.
As you pointed out you DONT HAVE a MAP05. SO! it crashes because it CANT FIND MAP05.
To remove this error. You must open the Connections.txt in the PBS folder, and remove this connection.
THEN it should work normally.
Hope this helps :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I really, really need help now.

How would you make your Rival have the starter opposite to yours? I've tried having switches and BattleIDs, but they just get ignored when the event is processed.

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
sorry that I'm being a total noob but i still don't get it

please go to the all your maps, and list their ids, then list your connections file, that will help us see whats wrong.

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
I really, really need help now.

How would you make your Rival have the starter opposite to yours? I've tried having switches and BattleIDs, but they just get ignored when the event is processed.

ok couple pages back i posted a starter pokemon event. its easy on each event you have just add a move route to the opsite and have the rival to that then just say your rival has so and so pokemon then go tyo trainer.txt in the pbs folder make a new trainer name him what you want and all. add the pokemon that you want.do it three times so he can have any of them. hope that helps.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
That's exactly what I have done, except when I use switches to initiate the battle, it will always have the Pokémon specified on the first page.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
I've got a question about camera movement..?
how is it possible to make the camera move to right (and follow an other character then yours)
thanks in advance
PoKéMaKeR

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I know it might be a little bit difficult to answer, but how can make my pokemon game able to trade on-line? I mean, some specific Pokemon only evolve after trades so it's significant to make my game project on-line tradable...

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
I know it might be a little bit difficult to answer, but how can make my pokemon game able to trade on-line? I mean, some specific Pokemon only evolve after trades so it's significant to make my game project on-line tradable...

i believe it already supports online trading. read the serversetup.html.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back