• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 24, 2015
how bout option 1 and then 2-3 weeks later option 2 or if we opt for option 2 how much longer is the estimate than option 1....?

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
where can i find a leafstone?

Look one post above yours xD

how bout option 1 and then 2-3 weeks later option 2 or if we opt for option 2 how much longer is the estimate than option 1....?

Well i'm not sure because....

UPDATE: This is the time when I play through the beta and discover tons of stuff to do. My list of things just tripled in an hour or less. I'm currently working on fixing the causes for all the bad eggs in the game because they appear to be the cause of some known problems like the red gyrados and the rival blackout in ecruteak. Also they can replace pokemon in those boxes for example a lvl 100 rayquazza or something important so they need to be eliminated ;)

Thats just one of 50 small-huge things to do from the list lol.

As for the gap theres no point if its 2-3 weeks and it won't be that anyway. It would be maybe a month or 2. We'll see..

EDIT: regarding the trainer requests they wont all be in this beta due to there not being enough trainer slots without having to do a save file hack to add more trainer slots. Also the positions people requested most was victory road.. well I'm gonna place those trainers in other areas to keep it more balanced as having 100 trainers in victory road is not a good idea xD

Last edited:
Years
I'm not sure if LaZ is still asking about which option we want but i'd go with option 1. I was going to choose option 2 and wait patiently like everyone else but we have been waiting months to see the progressing new and improved LC.

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2011
Little question, if I download 2.1 now, do some progress, and later install 3.1, what kind of bugs can occur than? You see everywhere that it can 'cause' bugs, but I still don't know what kind. So I'd like to know, otherwise I'll better wait for 3.1 :P

Oh, about the options: option 2. Although I do not like to wait, I do like bigger worlds and more challanges. I'll keep myself busy with something else those few months extra, it's probably worth it.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Wow, this is still going on?! Good work, linkandcelda c:
Overall, this hack is promising. For sure, this will turn out to be a complete, awesome game.

Although I'm not too fond of how the regular tree tile cuts out at the bottom, the grass path tile's pattern, and the excessively light outline of the Pokémon battle box, I'm sure you'd tweak things when it's needed. Graphics shouldn't be a priority, especially for a remake.

Lots of luck with this hack, you've done a great job with this (:

Years
I thnk option 2 z the best coz v guys have waited for 3 yearz v can still wait for a bit longer for all the orange islands
But linkandzelda i was thnking if u really went with option 2 what will u brought in final beta version of the game?

linkandzelda

Years
Little question, if I download 2.1 now, do some progress, and later install 3.1, what kind of bugs can occur than? You see everywhere that it can 'cause' bugs, but I still don't know what kind. So I'd like to know, otherwise I'll better wait for 3.1 :P

Oh, about the options: option 2. Although I do not like to wait, I do like bigger worlds and more challanges. I'll keep myself busy with something else those few months extra, it's probably worth it.

I'll be changing some flags and variables so you would either miss out important events or have repeating events. Thats why I say not to continue with the same save. Not to mention, the maps have probably changed making the flashback system not work in some cases making the save file dead anyway. Savestate is even worse lol but you can try it and see the outcome depends how you played the game before hand.

I thnk option 2 z the best coz v guys have waited for 3 yearz v can still wait for a bit longer for all the orange islands
But linkandzelda i was thnking if u really went with option 2 what will u brought in final beta version of the game?

The final 4 islands and then everything 100%. If I was to make this beta have 2 islands then the next one would be the final. Otherwise it might be the next one has all 6 islands and it isn't the final so it will be another long wait for some progress.

It boils down to this:

option 1 - longer wait for the islands
option 2 - shorter wait for some of the islands

I'm also starting university in september 26th so I'm guessing my time will be very limited then. I would like to get at least 2 islands in the new beta if people want it. It could be a while again before the final is out depends on how much time i have free.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
These are unfinished but I've sprited up to Morty.

LeaderLine-up-1.png

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
for some reason , i cant use fly.. i mean, when i use it, sometimes i can see the firered map so i cant fly or just the crystal map and cant fly because its bugged... is it only me?

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2011
Also, will it be compatible with GPSP for the non-hacked psp? I've played Rijon Adventures, Shiny Gold and default pokemon games, but Liquid Ocean doesn't work properly (1M subboard error?). Might be the mod itself, or the wrong Fire Red version that I patched as I get the same error with VBA. So I hope Liquid Crystal will work :P

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Guy's just a heads up, I'm currently working as hard as I can on the sprite improvement so all complaints about big headed Charizard's and other Pok?mon stop. This is something I cannot do quickly - There is still a lot to do. I don't know about LaZ but I don't think I'll be done for another 2-3 weeks. That doesn't even cover Magnius' work - I know he's busy with new remixes. Rest assured, we're beta testing to ensure a stable and clean release. I did a Beta testing session yesterday and the ROM is already pretty much bug free.

All I'm saying is that I personally don't think we'll be rushing towards a release. Me and LaZ really want and expect this release to be close to perfect. Of course, I don't speak for LaZ, but your patience will pay off. Regardless of what I said, the release still stands in for Summer, so it is likely to be here within 4-6 weeks (my estimation).

Be sure to check out my previous post with the new intro sprite too :P.

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
Another update regarding trainer requests.

Lots of people have asked for trainer names which don't make much sense such as sometimes username like Loki56739 or something. I'm not gonna put those names into the hack because people who don't know of the trainer request will think "eh? what a strange name" so i'll remove the numbers and correct "haxor" speak too in peoples trainer text.

The other thing is... again regarding places that the trainers will be in. I've done about 20 of them in the places people requested. As for the rest i'll place them "somewhere" and also will follow a few more of the places requests. Hope thats not too much of a problem.

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
So I'm completely confused now.

Did you take even more requests? I thought the rom was getting too full from just the last batch. Are you moving characters that were already in the game or just new ones?

It is great to hear that the trainer requests are still being added though, it made the game really fun. Also I never did quite complain about the extra XP.

linkandzelda

Years
So I'm completely confused now.

Did you take even more requests? I thought the rom was getting too full from just the last batch. Are you moving characters that were already in the game or just new ones?

It is great to hear that the trainer requests are still being added though, it made the game really fun. Also I never did quite complain about the extra XP.

Basically i did the trainer request once here only a little before beta 2.1 was released. I was able to insert a few of them for that release. I haven't inserted any of them up until a few days ago when i inserted about 5-6 of them (out of like 100). For this beta i'll insert as many as possible but probably not all of them.

The ones which are already in the game including the old ones and the new 5-6 will not be moved, the ones i add from now on will be in a different location than what people asked for. Simple as that.

Back