• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What if Pokemon Z is the end of Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Like the title says What if the Pokemon games end with Z and "X&Y" are the prelude for the ending, I mean how long are they continuing the series.. Why is it that after so many years using colors and jewels as titles for games they are now using the "X" and "Y" for continual perhaps the "Z"? Did they decide that the 6th will be the last Generation of Pokemon??

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years
I sure hope not!! After all, they would have no reason to since pokemon is still very popular. I'd have to say that they ran out of ideas so letters are the next best thing. There will probably be a pokemon Z but I highly doubt this gen will be the last.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
1. Z is not yet confirmed.
2. That's like suggesting New Super Mario Bros. Wii U is the end of Mario. Don't even go there.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They use X and Y to go with the theme of Genetics. There is a double helix on the Japanese title to show the theme.

There isn't and may not be any confirmation of "Z". After all everyone said we'd get Pokemon Gray/Grey after Black and White, which we did not. The third, if we even get one, may have nothing to do with the same legends depending on how the story unfolds. If we have a similar set up as Black and White with a Third Party Character catching the other legend, then we'll either get 2 sequels again or no third at all and move to the next generation or Remakes. If the story goes the way that Gen 2 did, where both box legends are in both games at different times, then the Third can pull a Crystal in which a slightly unrelated Pokemon is the new Box Legend and they change the story slightly.

If the story is like 3rd and 4th Gens with two exclusive legends while one will not exist in the other game, then we'll get Emerald/Platinum with a third related Legend Pokemon.

There are many things for them to branch off of that cannot guarantee a specific Pokemon game title. Even after that, they have more ideas that they can make into Pokemon. Its going to keep going for as long as the company makes money.

Years
Oh god no.

If Pokemon ends, it would be the end of me. And I guess Xander's nailed most of the reasons anyway why Pokemon won't end anytime soon.

Also, I remember when people were speculating Grey would be after Black & White, but that turned out to be the sequels Black 2 & White 2 instead, and then ending Generation 5 with no remakes.

And Z is not confirmed right now.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
You know, whenever the final generation of Pokémon comes, I fully expect GF to publicise it as the end. "This is the final one!" is always a good way to create hype no matter what type of entertainment it is, they're not just going to make a generation and then ignore the existence of the series from then on. Until they announce a generation is the final generation, I wouldn't be worried.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
You know, whenever the final generation of Pokémon comes, I fully expect GF to publicise it as the end. "This is the final one!" is always a good way to create hype no matter what type of entertainment it is, they're not just going to make a generation and then ignore the existence of the series from then on. Until they announce a generation is the final generation, I wouldn't be worried.

I completely agree. If GF is going to end Pokemon, they're going to say it's the end because that will boost sales enormously and they'll go out with one last giant bang. But as X and Y showed, there's a ton of untapped potential in where the series could go so it's far from over.

blue

gucci
Years
b-but I want my RS Remakes..

No, I don't think it will be the end of Pokemon, these are the first mainstream games for the 3DS and I doubt they would only produce one set of games for the 3DS, they have so much potential to expand and move forward.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
although Z is the last letter of the alphabet, its just not a good business decision to walk away from something that makes you so much money. plus, as everyone else has said, Z was never confirmed and is just fan speculation.

droomph

weeb
Years
Considering that Pokémon is Game Freak's only franchise (they've only made two, count 'em, two non-Pokémon games) I don't think they'll be letting it go until the reviews plunge down towards the low 50%s. I think they'll get the point by then.

Besides, the laws of franchises (lol it's not true, I made it up) says that usually, around Season 4-8 is where they reach their highest point, after then, there will be serious degrading of the franchise.

And of course, since my rule isn't real, rest assured, the people over at Game Freak are talented and will work their asses off for Pokémon to be alive.

(besides, they haven't "milked" the franchise like others have theirs, right? I can't remember any names, but very often they'll start promoting auxillary bs as much as the real thing.)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I doubt The Pokémon Company would've decided that Generation VI is the last generation, I've heard somewhere that Satoshi Tajiri had once stated that the Pokémon franchise will never end.

Either way, even if Pokémon Z gets made... I'm sure there's going to be another Generation afterwards, and quite possibly the Pokémon franchise would continue until Nintendo or The Pokémon Company go completely bankrupt. ;)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
There's one thing I don't think has been brought up. It's called "The Pokémon Company". If there were no more Pokémon games, the company would cease to exist.

Cyclone

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Like the title says What if the Pokemon games end with Z and "X&Y" are the prelude for the ending, I mean how long are they continuing the series.. Why is it that after so many years using colors and jewels as titles for games they are now using the "X" and "Y" for continual perhaps the "Z"? Did they decide that the 6th will be the last Generation of Pokemon??

I am confused why people bring that thing up..It means absolutely nothing. First two generations were Colour, the next two were on jewels, the fifth one represented Ying/Yang and now this represents Axis/Chromosomes. I honestly do not see whats wrong.It's just that Pokemon titles now represent the theme of the games, a thing which the first four generation didn't.

And pokemon will not End. Not untill something massively bad happens and they have to shut it down. Like someone said, it's like asking if it's the last mario game.That time aint coming soon.

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
This thread caught a lot of attention lol.

It wouldn't be the end of pokemon,if it ends,then....What the hell am I going to do?!
Pokemon has been a huge part of my life,I've always been obsessed with this one and I just can't stop.
I highly doubt this.
And yeah likeFrancois said,GF would announce that this is the final generation of the pokemon franchise.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
The Pokemon Franchise (like any gaming franchise for that matter) was made to turn in a profit. They don't care about if the themes don't match the rest, they don't care for RSE remakes, all they care about is reeling in the cash. Simple. There's nothing else to say. As soon as Pokemon begins to fail to bring in the moolah, they'll end the franchise.

Kaisersaur

Veteran
Years
The Pokemon Franchise (like any gaming franchise for that matter) was made to turn in a profit. They don't care about if the themes don't match the rest, they don't care for RSE remakes, all they care about is reeling in the cash. Simple. There's nothing else to say. As soon as Pokemon begins to fail to bring in the moolah, they'll end the franchise.

I agree. As long as Pokémon makes money there will always be a new game or generation waiting. The worst that could happen is for them to screw up a game so bad that no one will want to play it, then they'll "apologize" to the fans by releasing a "corrected" game or just simply they'll wait until we've forgotten and then a new generation is created.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I don't see why they could end it when there are still lots of other games to be made, regardless of Z being the last letter (we don't even have basic info of XY yet and now we're assuming there's a Z?) or of XY themselves being letter titles. Ending it now would be closing off lots of opportunities to $.

I also feel like they would get a lot of hipe out for the last few games of Pokemon, instead of giving us 5 Pokemon and their names then nothing else for weeks.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
I dont see the point at ending it right now, even if the pokemon models get stupider then will keep making a good profit because of all the fans.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Pokemon will end when it stops making money as a franchise for a considerably length of time.

Given how 5th gen has went with sales and how much interest 6th gen has already made when it's out in October suggests that will not happen. We're talking the 2nd best selling game franchise for Nintendo here. And it's a business; they want money after all. (Heck, I would).

As this is speculating on a huge 'what if' based on a game that may not happen as well to begin with to follow games not yet out...and with the discussion above being pretty much the same thing (ie all different ways of saying no it would not), I'm going to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back