• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Atlantis Awakening [OOC+SU] [M]

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
@LeonKnight: I like how you've beefed out the Personality Section. Happy-go-lucky will be interesting to see mixed with these other personality types. You're Accepted! Welcome aboard!

@Nakuzami: After talking with Skymin, we have reviewed your ability and deemed it to be acceptable. Finish your SU and we can accept you into the RP.

Last edited:

Leonknight

Merc Leader
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
Thank you, I am glad that you like it...did take me a while to revise it, i'm good at the rping, not so good at the character sheet =P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Ahhahahah CWP xD This will certainly be fun to reply to.

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
heys, just wanted to check in. I'm still active but it's gonna be another couple of days till I can post, deadlines in university are becoming a bit of a pain. Hope this is ok!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
heys, just wanted to check in. I'm still active but it's gonna be another couple of days till I can post, deadlines in university are becoming a bit of a pain. Hope this is ok!

That's fine, I understand. I've got quite limited access due to no internet at my flat yet. So it'll only be a couple more days before I can get Atlantis running a bit quicker.

Leonknight

Merc Leader
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
I'm sorry for the delay in my opening post, should be up tomorrow, i've just been busy with work ><

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Yay, Atlantean Royal Family!

Also, I feel future adventures of Kim & Agnes will be hilarious.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
I'm sorry for the delay in my opening post, should be up tomorrow, i've just been busy with work ><

All good dude, we understand.

Looks like things are starting to get interesting. Just so you know, for those of you who weren't with us previously, Skymin and I run this RP on a kind of "need-to-know" basis where you know as much about the RP as your character does.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

Secrets in the Garden - Nakuzami's Sign-Up

Main Information:

Name: William Lyle Nelson
Alias: Rugosa
Height: 5'11" :: 180.34 cm
Weight: 135 lbs :: 61.235 kg

Appearance:

Atlantean Tattoo:

Will's Atlantean Tattoo comes in the form of what resembles a series of lightning bolts tipped with ivy leaves that cascade down from the top of his back and wrap around his lower torso.

Physical:

Will is a tall, thin, Caucasian man that stands at five feet eleven inches and weighs about one hundred and thirty-five pounds. He has short, black, unkempt hair and deep green eyes accented by a light grey tint. His facial features are decently sculpted and he tries to carry a slight smile with him at all times. He's usually clean-shaven, but sometimes his chin rocks a bit of dark stubble when he leaves it unattended, causing him to appear a few years older than he truly is. He's not incredibly muscular, but his muscles are decently toned and he is incredibly agile, fast and flexible, compensating for his lack of brute force. He hates feeling dirty, so he isn't typically covered in dirt, acne, or things of the sort, and he walks around in the aroma of Adidas' Deep Energy, giving him a pleasant atmosphere.

Clothing:

Will is normally clad in a variety of Final Fantasy tee-shirts, his favorite being a black "Chocobo X-ing" tee. Over that, he usually wears a black Final Fantasy VII hoodie with built-in headphones, as well as black and white striped fingerless gloves. He normally wears dark blue or black denim jeans held up by a black and white checkerboard belt, adorned with chains hanging from the belt straps. His feet are normally hugged by short black socks and a pair of black Moogle-themed sneakers. On his right wrist he wears a Final Fantasy VII wristwatch, and on his left wrist he wears a Final Fantasy bracelet. Around his neck he wears a silver promise ring that Brad gave him years ago. He wears a white Final Fantasy VII backpack to carry his things in.

Personality:

Will is a bag of mixed marbles. His mind is all over the place, wandering anywhere at any given time. He likes to get lost in his imagination, and he can be sensitive and sometimes over-emotional. On the flip-side, he can be greatly outgoing and strong. He doesn't like to express his negative emotions, so he tries to live with a smile at all times. Or, if he can't pull that off, a blank face. He only truly expresses himself around those he trusts with his life and all of his flaws, which doesn't include a very broad audience.

He's intelligent and quick-thinking, but he can also zone out and blank on even basic logic. His memory is incredible, but his mind wanders so much that it can seem faulty at times. He doesn't like being alone and so he tries to stick around people he knows. He's rather friendly and polite, and while he may not engage everyone he sees in conversation, he will always respond to someone that talks to him and greets the friendly passersby. He's optimistic when it comes to most things in life, and he's an incredibly accepting person. He's not very religious, preferring to let such things be and not get involved. The same goes for politics; while he may pay attention and participate, he's not a big fan of the subject.

While Will prefers to be a quiet, passive observer that lets others handle most situations, he can be assertive and powerful when such is required of him. He's a great listener, and he's adept at listening in on multiple conversations at once without anyone realizing, often drawing from such things for literary inspiration. He's highly creative, which can lead to many interesting solutions to problems that life throws his way, and he has both the gift and curse of being empathetic, sometimes painfully so in that he can quite often see both sides of a situation and where the involved parties are coming from, which often leads people to place him in the middle of things, which isn't exactly the most pleasant thing at times. He's a calm person, most of the time, and he's learned to deal with such things.

History:

Will was born in a small suburb in upstate New York on the fifteenth of June, 1991. He was raised in a family of seven, having three sisters and a brother, and being the youngest of the group. His parents were both college professors, with his father teaching Chemistry and his mother teaching History. His oldest sibling was his sister, Reya, followed by his brother, Shane, and then the twins, Ella and Olette. Reya is five years older than him, Shane is three years older and the twins are just over a year older than himself. Despite their busy work lives, Will's parents were always very active in the lives of their children, maintaining a rather encouraging and accepting outlook throughout their lives, while keeping to properly strict and orderly household.

Will grew up with a rather calm, pleasant, and perhaps slightly boring life. Even so, he enjoyed it, being very close with his family and having a small group of good friends to spend his time with. His education was never lacking, thanks to the fact that his parents were teachers and did not tolerate bad performance where one's potential allowed them to do so much more. Due to this, all of his siblings, himself included, excelled in their academic work, even without being complete geniuses. This led to some sibling rivalry, which only proved to be helpful in their school life. Beyond that, every one of them did some sort of extracurricular activity, including at least one sport each. Reya played lacrosse and volleyball, as well as participated in choir and drama clubs. Shane took part in football, using his natural affinity for exercise and and muscular body structure to become one of his team's star players. The twins both played soccer, and were highly skilled at it, as well as playing the violin, for Ella, and cello, for Olette, in the school orchestra. Will was a part of the school's track team, where his natural agility, speed, and endurance gave him the upper edge.

Growing up, Will maintained a group of about ten friends at any given time, choosing only to befriend those that were worth being friendly to. He wanted best friends, not friends that would change and switch groups on any given whim. This philosophy has worked well for him in the past, and he has no intentions to change it any time in the near future.

One specific friend that Will grew particularly attached to was a boy named Clayton Bradley Travis, who he met in eighth grade. Brad was two years older than him, being a sophomore at the time, and was an amiable boy that Will met through his brother, Shane. At first, Will wasn't sure how to approach Brad, but with some encouragement from his brother (meaning he was literally dragged and forced to meet the boy) he managed to become good friends with Brad relatively quickly. It was around this time that Will's curiosities had been answered; he was gay. Having already gone through the process of both Reya and Shane claiming to be bisexual, and being greatly accepting in general, Will's parents had no issue accepting their son, and he had no problem coming out to them.

With a bit more 'encouragement' from Shane and a few good words given to Brad by the very same pain (i.e. Shane), it was only about two months after their first meeting, on New Year's Day, that Brad asked Will out on a date. A bit shy, but greatly excited, Will happily jumped on the offer. Their first date went great, without any major glitches, and now Will and Brad have been dating for a total of eight years, being now happily engaged.

Upon graduation, Will moved in with Brad in his apartment in Syracuse. There he attends Syracuse University, where his parents teach, aiming to achieve a Bachelor's Degree in English Literature. Brad attends in order to become a video game designer, and the two often collaborate on certain projects.

Today, they live quietly, peacefully, and happily. Although, sometimes Will believes Fate doesn't quite wish to give him such things. . . .

Ability:

Avian Physiology

Will has the ability to grow an annoying and cumbersome appendage. One that never leaves his side, or, in this case, back. And, technically speaking, it's not one appendage, but two.

When Atlanteans began to develop their powers, Will developed wings. Large, feathery, bird-like wings. They have a span of twelve feet and can envelop Will's entire body if he wraps them around himself. Due to their size, Will requires a large amount of space in order to take flight, as well as a relatively high amount of momentum. Will's wings allow him to take flight, but they may also serve to protect him by acting as a shield, albeit a rather weak one. Along with this, Will's bones have become hollowed and, with some practice and concentration, Will may be able to morph his fingernails into small, but sharp, claws. Will has also been granted enhanced agility, balance, reflexes and lung capacity. However, as he is still in the early stages of learning to control his ability, he seems more clumsy than when he was a regular human, rather than more skillful. Will can also naturally adjust to high altitudes, but considering he does not yet know how to fly very high, it's a bit useless to him at the moment. Lastly, Will also has the rather random ability of being able to change the color of his feathers. It's more aesthetic than useful, but it could be applied for camouflage or the like.

The downsides of this ability include the fact that Will has absolutely no idea how to control his ability at the moment, so he can be incredibly clumsy when attempting to. His wings also never disappear, so he is forced the conceal them beneath his clothes. On the brightside, they can fold up comfortably without being highly noticeable, but a stray impulse may send his wings bursting out of the back of his shirt, if he's not careful. Alongside this, Will's hollow bones are a bit more fragile than those of humans, so they may break rather easily in comparison.

Writing Sample:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
CWP, you really should post :P Skymin and Ichiro are both sending people after us! I'm guessing they'll try to take one of us each, or steal both of us. Don't let us be separated~! POST :D

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Nakuzami- So basically, your ability is a combination of James, Nate, and Agnes? Yea, that's not OP at all! xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Oh, I didn't see that. But:

By manipulating the air around himself, Will can fly for certain periods of time. However, it takes a lot of energy to maintain flight for an extended period of time, so he tends to only fly for short bursts. Will also has to adjust the air pressure around himself if he is to ascend or descend rapidly, as he does not have the natural ability to adjust to the air pressure that quickly. Similarly, by manipulating the air around objects and other organisms, Will can create a makeshift form of Telekinesis. Heavier objects take more energy to move, and Will's energy can deplete rapidly if he holds an object up for too long.

That's pretty much my power. So I'd prefer if Nakuzami's character couldn't do this.

And the freeze and lightning aspects sound like other characters too, yeah.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Yeah, ichiro and I both agree that your version of weather manip is far too diverse and dips far too much into others' abilities. Can you tone it down like... A lot? Or perhaps pick one aspect, or another power?

Nakuzami

Years
Yeah, ichiro and I both agree that your version of weather manip is far too diverse and dips far too much into others' abilities. Can you tone it down like... A lot? Or perhaps pick one aspect, or another power?

Blame Ichiro for letting me use Weather Manipulation. d: Whom does one think of when they think of Weather Manipulation? Storm, of course! So I went by the "look-at-Storm's-abilities-to-find-out-your-own" idea. d:

So, no lightning strikes or storm winds? Bah! Figures those are Storm's two most commonly used abilities. Oh well.
I'll edit when I get home, because it's too much for this little phone to handle. . . .

MancerNecro

the reverse necromancer
Years
Do I have to specifically use Atlantean Powers from the Atlantean Powers List or can I make my own?

Nakuzami

Years
Okay, I edited the ability slightly to clarify what I meant, making "flying" slight levitation and removing the ability to summon a lightning bolt completely. Which means Will can't create thunderstorms, or things of the sort. I was going to just remove the levitating thing, which means erasing the ability to manipulate wind. I can do that, but that means that . . . Will could . . . create some very pathetic weather. Wind is about eighty percent of the ability, after all. If you want me to, though, I can.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Well, wind manipulation IS Rika's character's power.

@MancerNecro you can make them up!

Nakuzami

Years
Well, wind manipulation IS Rika's character's power.

Aha
see
I just thought it was the power of flight. That's what I get for only reading IC posts.

So then, Weather Manipulation doesn't make sense if you can't summon storm winds. Otherwise it's just . . . drizzle. And no fun.
I blame Ichiro for giving me the idea in the first place. xD

I suppose that means I have to rewrite my power. Again. I would just give up, but I actually want to do this. -.-; Lol

Back