• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What sort of things are you up to, post-game?

blitzduck

Me back in '77
Years
Well, I just beat the Elite Four (rather easily I must admit :/) and I'm kind of at a loss of things to do. What I've been spending most of my time on is researching IV breeding and such, then I found out how tedious and time consuming it could be, and the guides always lack good grounding and proper instructions, so I've basically abandoned trying to IV breed the perfect Pokemon. My Gengar seems to have OK IVs based on the calculations I did on Psypoke and Serebii.

I'm just a little discouraged as to what to do next. I just hatch more Ghastly's until the calculator tells me it has good IVs? Seems like a wild goose chase with a lot of chance involved. I already wasted enough time training EVs only to find out that IVs were also a big piece of the puzzle. Anyway, it's all too much depth for me. It seems so time consuming... does it really make that much of a difference?

Anyway. After beating the Elite Four there doesn't seem to be too much to do. I'm about to make my way to the Battle Chateau for some training, and I've looked through the Battle Maison rewards and only a couple of the rewards seem worth going for. As of now the only reward I've claimed is the Life Orb since my Nidoking's Sheer Force hidden ability counters the recoil but keeps the 30% power buff (turns out he doesn't have his Hidden Ability. Cheers for those 48 BP), I'm just a little disappointed that Gengar can't learn Sludge Wave (anyone know why?) Apparently he can learn it if you catch a Ghastly from Dream World (wut). But yeah.

What are some of the things you guys do after having become to Pokemon Champion? ;O

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
Years
Search for all the megastones, build a competitive team, scout the region for items & TMs, look for shinies, hunt the legendaries, use the friend safari, breed & battle my rival.

Ig Pokemon Lover

The Mighty Scizor
Years
Nothing really just disappointed in the lack of new Pokemon and wish we had more legendaries also new areas to explore. My opinion the Kalos region is small.

gionell

Explorer of legends
Years
Well there is mewtwo to catch, the legendary birds and the location of other mega stones, you can trigger the mega stones events when you fight the battle mansion and the rival in which sycamore will call you the looker missions are good to try, other than that is pretty much the postgame, you will have to wait until future events to see more postgame content. By the way i added you add me back FC: 3738-0585-5355

Years
Battling online / building a team.
Friend Safari--and a lot of it!
Completing the Pokedex.
Breeding / hatching Pokemon.
Trading with friends and WT.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2014
Been trying to breed a perfect IV larvitar. It takes up all my time. -_-

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Currently I'm breeding beldums. The gts is crazy for beldums, whatever non legendary pokemon you want is yours within minutes if you offer a beldum.

I only have zapdos left to catch now. After that it's filling up the pokedex and probably fighting more in the battle chateau.

Years
ive hatched over 600 eggs and only have made 2 perfect IV pokes along with around 20-30 pokes that have 4 to 5 perfect IV stats.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
Currently I'm breeding beldums. The gts is crazy for beldums, whatever non legendary pokemon you want is yours within minutes if you offer a beldum.

Haha wow, you're JUST like me. Added tip: Throw in Pokerus, too. You'll get legendaries in no more than 10 minutes.

Years
I'm breeding shinies to make a better in game team, and then I'm going to aim to make a competitive team and hopefully get a bit better at battling!
I still need to get the megastones too, must remember to do that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Gonna be doing some experimenting breeding new pokes with old pokes to see if they get some certain moves. Also I am almost done with getting an almost perfect IV (no need for Sp. Attack) Axew.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
I'm not through yet, but I'm probably just going to train some Pokémon I wanted to use on my team, but didn't. I'd really like to fill up the Kalos Pokédex (With caught Pokémon). Once Pokémon bank opens, I'll start wonder trading a lot more to fill my Pokédex since I'm assuming way more Pokémon will be traded when everyone's Pokémon from previous games come in. I'd also like to get my actual team to lv. 100 which I haven't done since I got my first game. I also might do some shiny hunting if I'm willing to take the time, haha.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I am trying to collect all the Vivillions now. It's hard, but I hope I'll get to it :)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Just finish catching every pokemon available in the wild in the game minus about 10. So starting to breed and hatch them. Really that is all I am doing. Already caught the 4 legends in game and found all the known Mega Stones in my game.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
Right now I'm breeding Teddiursa and Pumpkaboo's for shinies. I have boxes and boxes of them, so I'm also having fun with Wonder Trade.

Also working on completing the Pokedex with caught Pokemon.

Yuuto

Community Helper~
Years
I honestly have a lot I should be doing like working on a competitive team, filling the Pokedex (though I still do this a lot), getting the mega stones and legendaries, and so on... but I've just been spending the last few days hunting for shinies.

I have no regrets.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2016
Breeding for shiny Spheal :)
Gardening :P
Thinking about what balanced team I'd want...

Back