• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How long did it take you to beat the Main Story?

How long does it take you to beat B/W?

• 50+ hours

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • 40-50 hours

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • 30-40 hours

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • 20 hours or less

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Haven't played them/Haven't beaten them

Votes: 18 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
How long did it take you to beat the game?

How long did it take you to beat the game? (if you have played it already) And what about the champion Adeku? And Cynthia, and GameFreak? Discuss & comment below! (It took me a week to beat the game, I haven't beated Adeku yet and Cynthia and GameFreak were just too easy :disappoin

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
Well I dont have the game yet, but Im having a race against my friends to see who can complete the game in under 2 weeks. Most of that time is spring break so it could be a challenge 8D
Party Gyarados :3

blue

gucci
Years
Well, my gameplay time is 30 hours and something, and I'm currently upto the 7th gym, I've stopped playing now because I want to wait for the English Release :)

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
Years
Average Game Completion Time?

How long does it take you to complete the games?

When I played I could get to the credits (beat N, Ghetsis etc.,) in about 20 hours.

It took me about 23 hours (3 more hours) to beat every route, arrest all the sages and beat Alder.

How long does it take you, if you have played the Japanese games?

(no i wasnt rushing, I just dont dillydally)

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
Don't think it took me too long... I didn't rush, but considering I couldn't read anything I didn't go ahead and talk to every NCP or pay close attention to the dialogue, as I usually do.

gregory_turner420

Trainer/Breeder
Years
it took me just over 2o hours to get to credits, then 2 hours finishing the rest but i havent explored all the extras cuz im waiting for the english versions

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I haven't played them yet, but judging by my playtime on other games, I suspect I'll be in the 50+ hours category, unless I suddenly feel inspired to actually play though a game quickly for once. I tend to get reallly sidetracked when playing and try to complete my Pokedex, do lots of breeding, and build a great team before I actually beat the main game, so I don't normally get around to beating the "main game" for quite some time.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Merged rather than locking, cause this thread was more active than the other - and it needed activity!

(Actually lol, I think PC broke or something because it doesn't even show a merge occured and stole the other thread's title)

Also, haven't played games yet, so can't judge on completion time.

Cyb3r0t4ku

Unova Elite
Years
I'm on about 28 hours and have almost completed White. I think 30-40 has got to be the average - sometimes training can take a while in order to push on! Generally for each Pokemon game, I think around 30-40 hours sounds about right.

blue

gucci
Years
Well, with White I want to learn everything about it, talk to all the NPCS, collect all the items and take it slowly ect. so I'll probally take about 40/50 hours, maybe more.. it's better that way IMO.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
It took me about 33 hours to finish, because I mass grinded at victory road. MASS. My Pokemon were so underleveled, I grinded all my pokemon to level 60 by killing a lot of Durant and Boldore.

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
I haven't beaten the Main Story yet, I'm still trying to Beat N XD, but if I beat him today it will have taken me 4 days exactly :) What about you guys? How long did it take you?

ezekiel112

currently inactive battler
Years
got game around 6pm..started playin 6:30...stayed up til 3am playin (between breaks n such) woke up at 12 and finished by 2 so..not too long could do it in one day if u wanted

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
wow i feel slow. i got it on the 6th and i just barely got the third badge. and in the games i imported i only have 7 badges. -_- o wells

Dubberley

Wandering Psychic
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
it took me about 12 hours to beat the elite 4 :) i rushed it so i could transfer my old pokemon

Back