• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Books How much do you read books on a daily basis?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I'm curious is all. I know that books are becoming less of a thing with them becoming films. So, that's why I want to know how much of them you read on a average daily basis.

For me, I hardly really do much reading. I like to write stories more, and I also have very poor reading comprehension. My focus on books is pretty bad at the same time. I've always tried to read as much as I possibly can. Mostly, because books are helpful to people who write like me.

What about you?

Sorvete

Novice
Years
I usually spend a considerable time of the day reading, almost every day of the week. I try to read at least a chapter per day, but there are times that I don't even reach that goal, and times I'm so bored that I read like, 80 pages or something.

Bay

Years
Me: Read more fanfics than books, almost everyday

If fanfics don't count, um haven't in quite a long while. I finished one book this past June, and before that two or three years ago. Nothing wrong with fanfics, but books tend to be more polished in terms of grammar and I need to rectify that.

Last edited:
Years
While I'm trying to get back into the habit of reading more (I have a good few books I've collected over the years that I haven't touched yet), the best way to describe me currently is basically: I've read a handful of books this year. I want to say like five or so. And yet even that small amount is way more than I've read within the past few years. I just don't have as much of the focus anymore for it as I used to. :( But recently I've been trying to read a bit per night, not only to actually work on reading but also to see if it will help me relax enough to get to sleep more easily.

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
I read consistently. Many books at the same time. The more books I read the more people I can discuss things with.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I literally never read and yet I've bought three books this year and seven last year with the intention of reading them all but then I've never read any of them. Lmao

Last edited:

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
I try to read at least a chapter per day, but there are times that I don't even reach that goal

This is a good goal to have. I can't keep myself to a set schedule with reading, though. I just like it to flow however it happens, most likely because I might get too lazy to really keep up with one.

Years
I tend to listen to audiobooks or read at least 30 minutes each day. Audiobooks are my favorite to stay on track/focused while I'm driving or at the gym.

TheBatPrince

Banned
Years
Well I do read, but mostly School Slides.

Although, I've done enough Reading in life to need Distance-Vision Glasses for LIFE. Lol. Too much man. That damn Mickey & The Beanstalk Story gave me nightmares big time. Around the time of 16 - 19 I just pretty much read Anatomy & Physiology Books for Exercise reference, with a few Martial Arts Books here and there.

Reading is great, but don't feel in this day and age you necessarily need to. Reading for learning is probably your best bet now. With the extremely low amounts of Hormones we're all producing with today's Technology Radiation, it's a wonder you haven't even figured out that it's happening to everyone! :P.

One day, the Pages will come to Life again.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 29, 2019
I try to be consistent by reading a book for at least 30 minutes or 1 hour daily.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Honestly, it varies by year more than day, for me. Some years I read a lot and some not much at all. Last year I read like... 80 books? So I was reading a lot. Maybe not every day, but most days.

This year I've read like 3 books lol. So I've had maybe... a week total? Where I've even picked up a book. Oops! Maybe next year will be better. :P

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Me: Read more fanfics than books, almost everyday

I only read fanfic if I have completely finished the series it's based on. To me fanfic is just everyone emphasizing what they liked the most about the thing in question, which can be hit or miss with the reader.

Bay

Years
I only read fanfic if I have completely finished the series it's based on. To me fanfic is just everyone emphasizing what they liked the most about the thing in question, which can be hit or miss with the reader.

I mean, there's a reason why it's called fanfiction, lol. Fair though on only reading a fic after finishing a series. For me it depends. Sometimes I'll read a fanfic based off a TV show since TV shows tend to have long delays. Otherwise fics based off of a book, movie, or game I'll wait until I finish the material.

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
What I mean is overemphasizing to the point of indulgence. To the point of ruining the fun and the experience of the reader.

And, yes of course reading them during television breaks is entirely a good way to go as well.

Cid

Years
Not enough as I'd like to. The last book I remember reading was the Love, Simon sequel, Leah On The Offbeat by Becky Albertalli. Apart from the Harry Potter books, I've never really been a book person.

Back