• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your all time GEN 3 Team?(NO LEGENDARIES PLEASE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Annoying Rollout

You already know it
Years
This Generation is great for me.From the games,anime even in the manga,you can say that this generation is one of the greatest.If you love this generation you will always have Your A Team.My A Team would be:

-Swampert/Sceptile/Blaziken-
All are good.Swampert can be a good special sweeper.Sceptile can take down the last gym with ease meanwhile Blaziken is just really OP when it can learn Overheat after you beat Flannery.
-Salamence/Altaria/Flygon
Salamence is one of the best stabbers in the game.With Mega Evo or not,it is already OP for me.With just two Dragon Dance,it can already take down Drake's team with no scratch.The bad thing though is that you can catch in the late game.
Altaria is a good alternative too.It can be a support or a stabber.Similar goes to Flygon,BUT it can't be a support I prefer it to be the stabber though but both have lower stats than Salamence plus that Flygon's known dragon type attack is Dragon Breath I think(unless if you have TM 02)
-Snorlax/Slaking
I personally think that Slaking might be the frail Snorlax but I was wrong.Just one Belly Drum,it can sweep Wallace's team.Same goes to Snorlax,with one Belly Drum and the Tackle attack might inflict more damage than usual.
-Manectric/Magneton
You guys might be wondering why I choose Magneton than a SOFT Pikachu,but I personally think that Magneton is more formidable and can take a few hits unlike Pikachu/Raichu.Same goes to Manectric especially when it learns Shock Wave.It can sweep Wallace's team with no HP deducted.
-Cacturne/Shiftry/Mightyena/Umbreon
I love Dark Types.They look cool in design especially Mightyena.And they have defensive stats too.They're good for tanking/(especially Umbreon) and annoying the Opponent too.
-Hariyama/Aggron
These guys can be a good tanker and in the same time a Good Stabber too.Hariyama and Aggron are both good for Physical sweeping too.

That's my A Team,what's yours?
PS: SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH :D!!

Last edited:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Hmm this is surprisngly difficult to pick after my first 4 spots!
Id say:
- Sceptile: second favorite starter all-time, grass type king!
- Flygon: one of the 5 best Pokemon available in hoenn imo and capable of sweeping any kind of team by itself
- Swellow: Favorite flying type ever, great attack and speed lend itself to my style
- Mightyena: A common member of my teams back in the day (and still to this day i suppose), gives me some nice cover against psychics and ghosts
- Walrein: one of the few decent water types in Hoenn, this one is by far my favorite of them. The dual typing is great and has some above average bulk and and special attack.
- Glalie: one of about 4-5 ice types i actually like, Glalie is just awesome and gives some more cover against flying, ground and rock.

(might be weak to fighting types but that's about it, Swellow will take care of 'em ;) lol)

The Annoying Rollout

You already know it
Years
Hmm this is surprisngly difficult to pick after my first 4 spots!
Id say:
- Sceptile: second favorite starter all-time, grass type king!
- Flygon: one of the 5 best Pokemon available in hoenn imo and capable of sweeping any kind of team by itself
- Swellow: Favorite flying type ever, great attack and speed lend itself to my style
- Mightyena: A common member of my teams back in the day (and still to this day i suppose), gives me some nice cover against psychics and ghosts
- Walrein: one of the few decent water types in Hoenn, this one is by far my favorite of them. The dual typing is great and has some above average bulk and and special attack.
- Glalie: one of about 4-5 ice types i actually like, Glalie is just awesome and gives some more cover against flying, ground and rock

(might be weak to fighting types but that's about it, Swellow will take care of 'em ;) lol)

Whoa I never expect Mightyena can be such a favorite for you.I know that it has a bad moveset but still you keep it on your team.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Yeah I've always been pretty partial to it! Its been really helpful for me when progressing through the game (thanks to its Intimidate ability) and then provides decent cover for the E4 and Champ.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
give me a week. once i beat the Hoen champion i will show you my team :D

but right now all you can see is my Kanto team.

Attachments

• bandicam 2015-12-06 21-22-43-664.jpg
    bandicam 2015-12-06 21-22-43-664.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 47

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Well, mine's probably:
Smeargle - best baton passer IMO, can learn any(or most?) moves XD
Medicham - Can 1 hit everything with neutral damage with maxed damage XD oh and that Hi Jump Kick tho
Breloom - hehe, Spore + Focus Punch anyone?
Milotic - even tho a pain in the ass to catch a feebas and evolve, it's kinda worth it for this beautiful pokemon :3
Magneton - one of the BEST electric types available in the game. (besides from jolteon)
Salamance/Gyarados - Intimidate and Dragon Dance anyone? :3

Oh and I forgot to add my starter XD
I prefer Sceptile out of all three, idk y, i just do XD

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
Years
Alright, here we go...

Swampert - My all time favorite Pokemon ever!!!!!1 I always pick him when i go through Hoenn, because he's just so great. Also the fact that you can get Surf and Ice Beam with him still as Marshtomp is awesome. I always arm him with Surf, Ice Beam, Earthquake and Waterfall.

Exploud - I've never, ever used a Normal type in any of my runs because i thought they were boring, and oh man, i was wrong. Exploud is extremely fun to work with, due to it learning moves like Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Shock Wave and Overheat. I didn't really want to pick Slaking due to its ability, but both are monstrously strong.

Cacturne - In my opinion, best Grass type in the games. (Along with Sceptile of course). I LOVED Cacturne. It saved my ass SO MANY TIMES. It killed Juan's Kingdra with a Critical Needle Arm, even when the Kingdra was behind SIX DOUBLE TEAMS. Hax much?

Skarmory - This steel bird has awesome potential. I mean, that Defense stat though... Cool stuff is he learns Spikes through level-up, same as Cacturne, Steel Wing can be taught earlier to him (He learns it at level 29, but i had TM47 since Granite Cave). I just armed him with Fly and kept Agility the whole game with him and bam. Pretty great Flying type.

Ninetales - This one here only came in the late parts of the game but it sure helped a lot. I gotta admit, its Imprison kind of saved my ass against Tate and Liza, due to the fact of the Solrocks having Flamethrower. I remember it with Fire Blast, Flamethrower(yes, both of these because idk), Imprison and Will'o'Wisp.

Flygon - Look, Gen 3 had great dragon-types(Salamence, Altaria, Rayquaza) and this is one of them. Being quite the MVP in my Black 2 team, i decided to train one in Emerald. And oh boy was it worth it. I don't remember half the moves he had though. I'm pretty sure it was Dragon Claw, Hyper Beam, Earthquake and something else.

So this was my Gen 3 team! My favorite one until now.

Years
I'm sure you didn't strictly mean Hoenn Pokemon when you were looking for people's all-time teams for Gen III, but I decided to go that way anyway, haha.

Sceptile - Out of all the final form Grass type starters we've seen so far, Sceptile's easily my favorite, and I'd even go as far as saying it's my second favorite starter overall (behind Empoleon). An easy choice for my team.
Aggron - Overlooking its weaknesses, Aggron's still one of my favorite Pokemon, and it's helped me through Sapphire on more than one occasion, so it was the second Pokemon to pop to mind.
Gardevoir - I originally brushed off the whole Ralts family when I was younger, but Gardevoir slowly grew on me, and has become easily one of my favorite Psychic type Pokemon.
Altaria - Again, another Pokemon I avoided early on, and grew into over time. While Hoenn introduces a fair number of Dragon type Pokemon, Altaria's my clear favorite out of the non-legendary ones.
Absol - Absol was always an underappreciated part of my team. While it was usually the #6 in my party or the HM slave, it always seemed to be one of my go-to Pokemon, even when all the others switched around.

As for a sixth Pokemon, I didn't really have an option that I liked better than everything else. Realistically, it'd probably be Wailord, but Tropius, Milotic, Seviper, Sableye, Breloom, or Linoone could easily fill that slot depending on my mood.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
Let's see if I can remember. I had Swampert, Swellow, Aggron, Raichu and one other I think.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
hey, my Gen1 Kanto team and my Gen3 Hoen team.

actually this Hoen team is the Dino&Dragon team i formed. this team formation is made possible because i played on the mod for Emerald called Expert Emerald. i actually would prefer to have Torterra over sceptile and Tyrantrum over Dragonite for the dino team, but hey this is Gen 3. without Expert Emerald mod my Hoen team would be the same as my Kanto team and have Blaziken, Aggron, and Swellow, over my Charizard, Steelix and Pidgeot.

Aerodactyl ended becoming my HM slave and secret power carrier for secret bases because rock and flying is just such an awkward combination to use. maybe one day gamefreak could add one elite four member that uses bug types and Aerodactyl would be actually useful.

now when is someone going to hack into X/Y and give us 700 obtainable monsters in one game without trading? my perfect team is spread over different generations i can never form my perfect team legitly.

Attachments

• bandicam 2015-12-06 21-22-43-664.jpg
    bandicam 2015-12-06 21-22-43-664.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 14
  • bandicam 2015-12-12 22-11-26-621.jpg
    bandicam 2015-12-12 22-11-26-621.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Chaoticfire

Signious
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 27, 2018
My team is:

Scizor (Adamant Nature)
Item: leftovers
Steel Wing
Swords Dance
Silver Wind (Breeded)
Quick Attack

Alakazam (Modest Nature)
Item: TwistedSpoon
Psychic
Calm Mind
Recover
Kenesis

Machamp (Adamant Nature)
Item: Black Belt
Brick Break
Bulk Up
Counter (Breeded In)
Rock Slide

Charizard (Lonely Nature)
Item: Charcoal
Flamethrower
Fly
Fire Punch
Aerial Ace

Feraligatr (Modest Nature)
Item: Sea Incense
Surf
Dive
Waterfall
Ice Punch

Golem (Adamant Nature)
Item: Soft Sand
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Strength
Rollout

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
Whenever I played R or S (which was many times) I didn't focus on natures and the likes, because that's not necessary for a successful playthough (I am becoming more anal about it now). My favorite playthrough included Swampert, Gardevoir, Flygon, Starmie and Absol but I think a perfect team (In terms of pokemon I love) would be Sceptile (or Blaziken), Gardevoir, Flygon, Starmie (sharpedo if we want to do gen 3 only), Sableye and beautifly/dustox

Jayce Darcy

Champion
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 4, 2017
I always try to pick different Pokemon for each playthrough, so I don't have one team for all time.

But these are the Pokemon I have a hard time staying away from:
- Swampert
- Cacturne
- Flygon
- Milotic

If you include FR/LG:
- Magmar
- Scizor (only gotten it once actually but I love it so much)
- Nidoking
- Venusaur

Years
Sapphire was first game I bought by myself and I still love my original team. I even remade them to be more competitive in GEN VI and they were pretty decent.

Swampert - I remember asking my mum which starter I should pick, because at that time, I didn't know single Pokemon from GEN III (It was new in my country)
Gardevoir - First Pokemon I encountered on Route 3 (? or was it 4) and fell in love with her
Dustox - I originally had both Beautifly and Dustox, but Dustox won it
Torkoal
Tropius
Hariyama - I had Linoone on my team until Victory Road, where I caught Makuhita. Still my favourite Fighting-Type from GEN III

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 3, 2017
its not strictly gen 3 pokemon but i use
Charizard
Sceptile
Aerodactyl
Ampharos
Dragonite
Milotic

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
My Hoenn "dream team" so to speak would be:

• Grovyle (I like all three starters, but my bf favours Torchic and my brother is Team Kipz, so I like to picture us a trio, leaving me with Treeko)
  • Skitty (not powerful, but it was a favourite back in the day, and it's adorable)
  • Gardevoir
  • Altaria
  • Absol
  • Sealeo

If using Pokémon from other gens, but that live in Hoenn, is acceptable, I'd maybe swap Abby or Alta for one)

Silentasasin

Silentassassin
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 25, 2017
Sceptile
Breloom
Swellow
Azumarill
Aggron
Salamence

I used Sceptile, Salamence for the full E4. Azumarill HM Slave. Aggron was really bad.
Swellow, Breloom were really good throughout the game.

Till I started hard mode/ nuzlockes, never appreciated Azumarill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back