• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Shiny Hunter Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Omg eevee is hunting in her HG badge quest and our race is continuing lets all pray that my next shiny here is mareep because if not she might pass me *bites finger nails* I'm at 4150 REs so far my last shiny came at 8367 Res gah these hunts are long the first one was 7419 good luck everyone!

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Oh this is hilarious.. I've gone 10 years without a single legit shiny, and you expect me to get a TEAM of them? This challenge will last the rest of my life.. ahaha.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
Oh this is hilarious.. I've gone 10 years without a single legit shiny, and you expect me to get a TEAM of them? This challenge will last the rest of my life.. ahaha.

I got 3 on silver throughout my young years with hundreds of hours played. My youngest brother got one within the first hour of his first game. Luck varies from person to person >_>

I was contemplating trying this, but my multitasking is simply not good enough to do something else at the same time, so i will just stick to watching. I'm cheering for you all from the sidelines ^^

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
I got 3 on silver throughout my young years with hundreds of hours played. My youngest brother got one within the first hour of his first game. Luck varies from person to person >_>

I was contemplating trying this, but my multitasking is simply not good enough to do something else at the same time, so i will just stick to watching. I'm cheering for you all from the sidelines ^^

Well I appreciate the cheer, but I think I may join you. I don't have hours to waste on soft-resetting XD.

In fact, a friend of mine had to SR like 667 times to get his shiny starter. He was literally SR'ing for about 8 hours straight. (while multi-tasking of course) I just don't want to end up like him :(

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years

I wouldn't have the patience to do a badge quest, but 3 over the course of the game is challenging. I am getting pretty tired of all my SRing though, hope it comes to an end soon.

Years
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME OUT OF ALL THE POKEMON ON THIS ROUTE...

a5gu1v.jpg

I didn't think it would happen I kept telling myself I would get something new this time but as you can see that was a lie
even with static this hunt still remains to failw ith the same shiny everytime at least this one is a female oh well you must
stay optimistic and never give up let this be a lesson guys if you really want something never stop until it is yours.

@Kitori - make that 4 shinies and 1 badge

Years
FINA-FREAKINGLY AFTER 22240 REs 3 SHINY RATTATAS AND POKERUS THIS BEAUTY APPEARED:

f1eid5.jpg

Yes this baby finally appeared a month since I started my Badge Quest I still can't believe it I've never worked this hard for a shiny (oshawott) It had a saasy nature and somewhat vain I don't care if i sucks its here and its mines I caught it in an epic heal ball and now I'm on my way to Bugsy for the 2nd badge and on to abra THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT and good luck on your hunts never give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
Long time no see again!
Sorry I took ages off between posts, I was busy hatching almost 4000 eggs for my shiny Eevee on another game >_>
Anyway, back to this challenge, I'm at 2200 REs so far (Day three of hunting) for Route 30. Obviously nothing yet haha.
Glass- I think Mareep was waiting for me to hatch Eevee.. it appeared only a few days later! :O
It's quite cool to see the difference in spectrum between the new hunters that aren't used to waiting and the old ones who are, from here and the shiny hunter's club hahah XD
Anyway congratulations to the Cyndaquil, Chimchar, Totodile, Ratatta and Mareep (did I forget anyone?) and good luck to all those hunting!

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
Username: SubVirus
In order to keep myself from hacking in pokemon or abusing certain tools that I have access to in gen 4+ i'm going to choose something from Gen 3 lol....
Game(s): Because its awesome... Liquid Crystal. and IF hacked roms are not allowed I will do Emerald (but only if hacked roms are not allowed, Liquid Crystal is accepted in most challenges as it is only Crystal remade for gen 3 with harder stuff and a lot of nice features that were not included in FireRed)
This will be something i do from time to time I don't want to burn out my pokemon experience with soft reseting 100000 times to get my starter as a shiny only to take another 100000 times for party member #2. Alas i've wanted to do such a LEGIT challenge in the past so i'll see what i can do lol...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I was contemplating trying this, but my multitasking is simply not good enough to do something else at the same time, so i will just stick to watching. I'm cheering for you all from the sidelines

Hey hon, please remember not to post these kinds of posts. I'm glad you want to cheer everyone on, but unless you're participating as well, just give them their cheers through VM please. :)

Also, to those participating, while I'm totally fine with everyone discussing their challenge with others, let's try to not turn this thing into a discussion thread, please. If you really want to talk to someone about their challenge in particular, just VM them about it, or you can talk about it in the club. Like I said, I'm fine if you guys want to discuss it and such, but this thread seems to be turning into a conversation or discussion thread, which isn't really a good thing. If you want to talk about it as a group, try keeping it in your club, mkay? It's just getting a little spammy lately imo, so yeah, just be wary of that please. Good to see you all getting some shinies caught though! Keep up the good work, babes! x

Years
Hey Guys!Thanks for all the congrats it means alot!

After celebrating my victory of shiny mareep I went on and defeated bugsy and the trainers ahead and made my way to the HeartGold gamecorner where I amm now buying abra's it didn't take long to get the coins for this hunt. I'm at 3665 bought and I'm not going to say I'm expecting something soon but I'm making some good progress I also recently started hunting for a shiny moltres that's now at 269 SRs good luck on all your hunts everyone and again thanks for the congrats its a great motivator!

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
I started typing replies that were discussion-y before I saw Sydian's post, sorry! ^^; I didn't want to just delete it so I put it below in the spoiler. Any further discussion direct to the Shiny Hunters Club, please, and keep posts here limited to updates on your progress (new shinies caught, gym leaders defeated, etc)~

Spoiler:

I've updated the challengers list. Let me know if I missed any accomplishments. :3

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
976559_10152882152100346_1575003231_o_zps8bd790a1.jpg

Oh hai there second shiny Totodile! your not Chikorita! what are you doing here?

found this little guy at 3936 soft resets, so currently 11808 starters seen. currently have 2 shiny Totodiles XD nae mind, a shiny is a shiny. once ive traded this guy to diamond, ill continue for chikorita. hope to have 4000SRs by tonight :)

ps. tried to get a decent photo of it to show my computer screen corner, for date/time stamp, but my phone camera is rubbish XD

Years
I think my mareep has 31 IVs in sp.atk o.o and congrats on your shinies you guys(totodile and weedle). My next shiny I'm hunting in my badge quest is abra I'm already at 8100 seen that's close to 2000 SRs who knew how fast this hunt was o.o now going to say I'm hoping for anything I just hope it doesn't have an adamant nature xD.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
Ok, about 10 hours of resetting, at 5 resets a minute, still no luck. I will be able to reset a lot more in a few days, though, the finals are tomorrow and the day after.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Been a good day for me as I got 2 shinies :)
(well, one is Red Gyarados from Lake of Rage so doesn't really count!)

The other one was the 11,791st one I saw and it evolves into my favorite Pokemon of them all:

Spoiler:

Man he is so cute and I can't wait to fully evolve him. Once I got him I quickly beat Morty and went to Lake of Rage to get a second one for the day :) Tomorrow I will aim to get the next 3 badges (taking me from my current 4 to 7) and then it's a case of finding that next one. I have an idea about where to look but not sure yet.

And just because it never gets old, here's Red Gyarados as well (lighting was better in first photo).

Spoiler:

Hope your searches are going well too!

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Not gonna lie... starting to lose hope... I'm around 20k SRs after a month of hunting... Still no shiny... Any encouragement before I cave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back