• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon MMORPG

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2005
looking for a 3D modeler/C(++) programmer.
We are making a game, a Pokemon MMORPG. The community is growing day by day and we have a alpha testing soon.
But if someone would helped us, then the first Pokemon MMORPG ever will come to life finally!

You can see our progress here:
http://www.livejournal.com/~z00ttheater/

and you can visit the forums here:
http://wishstar.pfak.org/pkmn/

you can contact us through IRC:
server: irc.nsane.org
channel: #pokegeeks
nicknames:
ManTis - project owner,lead programmer
moomoo - ManTis assistant,lead 3D modeler
Theorem - programmer
Bongeh - 3D modeler

thank you!

Abskull

Link's Huggle Thing!^.^
Years
Ummm... is this allowed? I'm excited about this too, but I don't think it belongs here. I'll ask a moderator to move it, if it stays here... well then I stand corrected! ^^;

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2005
hmm, if i posted in the wrong forum i would like that this thread would be moved there or something...
thank you.

Kurosaki

I'm pretty sure this belongs in Game Development, so I'll just put it there. And I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to post forum links, but I'm not sure about that area, so I'll let the mod there handle that >>

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
W00! I've been waiting for someone to post about this. Guys this is actually REAL too.

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
Years
Impressive models *thefts*

Hehe, just kidding. *bookmarks* I think this actually looks promising, but if it's an MMORPG, wouldn't it need to be MASSIVE? All that with 3D models?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Yeah, I remember seeing this brought up here a while back. Seems like a lot of progress has happened since now and then. It looks great, I'll be watching it's progress.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
Um... I probably sound like an idiot, but... what is an MMORPG? O_o Is it like a virtual reality game like RuneScape or something? I can tell it's some sort of game, just dunno what it is...

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2005
Hehe, just kidding. *bookmarks* I think this actually looks promising, but if it's an MMORPG, wouldn't it need to be MASSIVE? All that with 3D models?
Well we have only two modelers, and it's going kinda slow... In the end there will be all the pokemons and other stuff that needs to be in the game.
Right now we are doing a movie(a teaser) so we could see the in-game action.

bgt

R A W R
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Jun 21, 2011
Heh, I played the Beta... where you entered in the ip of the server... and it loaded a model for the gender you put... and thats all you could do was chat... XD... heh, that was like 4 months ago though. Yea, and I remember hearing that the Alpha would be out in June/July so I hope that time frame is met and that it will actually be great. :P... took me this long to finally find the irc channel from when you moved from Dejatoons.

Zerro

Dreamer
Years
More power to you if you pull this off. I have a friend that knows C++ programing, ill have him contact you(If he is intrested) I would really like to see this game go through. My dream is to make the greatest pokemon game, but Ill have some stiff competion with yours around.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
Ooooh, so it is kinda like RuneScap or AdventureQuest. Awesome! ^__^ I'd help if I could, but I'm not good with much in terms of coding, and my uncle was supposed to give me a 3D graphic program, but I dunno if it's the right kind. >_>; Anyway, good luck! ^__^

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2005
Heh, I played the Beta... where you entered in the ip of the server... and it loaded a model for the gender you put... and thats all you could do was chat... XD... heh, that was like 4 months ago though. Yea, and I remember hearing that the Alpha would be out in June/July so I hope that time frame is met and that it will actually be great. ... took me this long to finally find the irc channel from when you moved from Dejatoons.

i don't believe that was us, but one of our devs was on that channel for a month or two, but then he returned to his own project! so we have no connection with them... we aren't even in alpha yet :)
and also.. we didn't tell when the alpha will be out, just that it will be "soon".

check the blogs once in a while :)

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
Nepovem:What name do you go by on our board so I know who Im talking to lol

Im putting together the gym leader/elite 4 teams in the game and basically anything that has to do with pokemon strategy. Ive seen ALOT of pokemon mmorpg's get started and dropped (since the first one) and I can deffinitely say this one has made ALOT more progress mechanically than any of the others Ive seen. If you want to see if you can help with the modeling I would suggest either going to Mantis or MooMoo

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2005
Nepovem:What name do you go by on our board so I know who Im talking to lol
I haven't registered yet :)

OH! I can't wait! Are they gonna be any new Pokemon in it?
Nope... we will stick to the original ones, the only new pokes that we will add will be the pearl/diamond ones...(that goes for the regions also).

Back