• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Garnet/Turquoise Advanced!

What do you think?

• Perfect

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Great

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Good

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neo Genesis

The Wanderer
Years
I like evil legend alot and kinda Battle_With_Tentacre ,Gym_Leader_Chris_Eco, Monster_Battle, Rival_Battle.mid ,Team_Pavvailion_Grun is that okay with you?

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Neo Genesis said:
I like evil legend alot and kinda Battle_With_Tentacre ,Gym_Leader_Chris_Eco, Monster_Battle, Rival_Battle.mid ,Team_Pavvailion_Grun is that okay with you?

Ok, I guess. But give full credit! (I'll gladly become a music editor for you)

Edit: WHO VOTED MY GAME AS TERRIBLE!?!!!

Neo Genesis

The Wanderer
Years
honestly I dont know I already have alot of midis. How about I just ask you if I need them. Maybe you could make my music in my next game.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Ok the first 2 title screens looked well...Creepy......
but i like the title screen nicole : it was simple and had good font and colour
well goodluck

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
Years
That title screen looks much better.

And in case you didn't know, Booda Sack, programing isn't just putting sprites all over the place, in the right place, screwing with them to make them look good, etc.. The program Chris is using will not allow certain things. If they have too many pixles, or too big, or too many things, too many prgrams, and so on. And maybe you should look at the top poll. 2 perfect, 3 great, and 2 good. See any in bad or terrible? So why don't you have a go at it before you start saying that he put no effort in it, hm?

What the hell is that supposed to mean?
I've been programming my own pokemon game for the past two years.

Wow,you got 7 good votes and you think your game is excellent.Far from it.
Those two perfect votes were probably the two guys who are making this.

I never said you didn't put any effort into it.

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
Years
That title screen looks much better.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?
I've been programming my own pokemon game for the past two years.

Wow,you got 7 good votes and you think your game is excellent.Far from it.
Those two perfect votes were probably the two guys who are making this.

I never said you didn't put any effort into it.
Okay, okay, sorry.

Me likes! Can I be a bug-type gym leader? My name's Richard.
I'd like a Scyther, a Heracross and a new bug-type that you make up.
Welcome, Richard! (I can't make you a bug trainer, though. Not my game. Chris might, though. ^_<)

*sigh* I meant that they think your sprite is better than the one that I tried to adapt to be animated.

Anyway, here are some samples of my edited music:

Look here: http://geocities.com/mooshykris/Music/
Sorry, Chris. :( Great music! Yes! You're very good at it. But about the "terrable vote". You put that in, so I guess people can vote that if they want to. ^_^ But a lot of people here know the game is good, so don't worry about it. ^^

Thanks about the tittle screen, guys. But Chris said it might not work. I couldn't make it full-size, either. Even though I saved it as a PNG. If I'd saved it as a JPG or TIF, it would have hurt the quolaty. And no one hurts my tittle screens!!! XD

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
Wow... what's all the commotion about here? :/
The title screen looks great! Nothing wrong I can see.

Keep up the good work!

Years
The game looks pretty good, and I like nicoleb's title screen, but ou could randomize where things are in your maps, to make it more Pok?mon like.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Ok, have it your way, I won't try making an animated title or intro (before title)!

Look, I'm taking this so personally because look at my user profile! I have 6-7 threads that have failed here!

And as I said before, my talent is editing music, not scripting and spriting! I am struggling to make it as it is! But, I'm doing it... because I like to do that kind of stuff. I've wanted to make a fangame since was 8!

So, I began making it. Then I saw this forum and decided to make it public, I hoped to impress someone.... Like Jeff PK_Light, Peekimon, -virtual- Darkmage 31, blueguy, BlackCharizard, ect did.

But... I've failed.............

I can't do this anymore, If this cannot be fixed.... Then I will quit.....

Daegon and, or Dawson please check out these problems.... Tell me what you think..... If this keeps up..... I'm leaving.......

I had hoped that this wouldn't happen in this thread...

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
datriot said:
Your screens are awsome! I hope you do well with this hack, I can't wait for a demo! If you need any help, just ask!:)

It's not a hack.... Where did you hear that?

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
Come on Mooshykris, don't give up. The game is still in the early stages. Like mine back then, it wasn't that good as well. Just keep working at it and later you'll see how much you'll progress.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Making a fan game is supposed to be for fun. We all do it because we are interested in it but, most importantly, because we enjoy making games. If you're enjoying what you're doing, where's the problem? None of us started out being good at what we do. It takes time, practise and patience. It just takes some people a bit longer than others to find their fort?.

If you look back at each of your game threads, you can see that you have improved each time with what you're doing. Getting down because you feel that you haven't made as big an impact as you would've liked isn't going to get you anywhere. And if you look back through this thread, you'll see that you received a lot of good, positive feedback from your game.

All you have to do is keep working at it, keep learning new stuff and new techniques and, most importantly, make sure you're having fun.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Dawson said:
Making a fan game is supposed to be for fun. We all do it because we are interested in it but, most importantly, because we enjoy making games. If you're enjoying what you're doing, where's the problem? None of us started out being good at what we do. It takes time, practise and patience. It just takes some people a bit longer than others to find their fort?.

If you look back at each of your game threads, you can see that you have improved each time with what you're doing. Getting down because you feel that you haven't made as big an impact as you would've liked isn't going to get you anywhere. And if you look back through this thread, you'll see that you received a lot of good, positive feedback from your game.

All you have to do is keep working at it, keep learning new stuff and new techniques and, most importantly, make sure you're having fun.

Ok then, I just wish I could somehow wipe these posts and start with just my first post.

Edit: Also, I'm just sad that I didn't get a big start like Jeff or Virtual did.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Well, that can't be done. Unless everybody who's posted here manually deletes their posts for you, but I don't really see that happening.

I'm glad that you've changed your mind. Just keep going and keep trying and you'll be where you want to be soon enough.

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
XD I actually didn't get a big start. I posted on BSP Forums at a very early stage (no screenshots), and when I was ready, I posted here.

Now back onto the topic I guess...

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Um... Mooshykris... if G/T is over and dead then bury it, don't prop its rotting cadaver in your signature and avatar... If you're looking for pity or sympathy, which you undoubtedly are, you won't get it from me. No one wants to see that huge picture with the scribbles on it. Come on.

You are totally fishing for complements and its fairly revolting.

EDIT - Oh... I see you're starting again. Perhaps you should remove that picture from your signature and change your avatar.

Good luck in the future, but please try and get a thicker skin towards criticism.

Years
I agree with blueguy. But also a lot of other people, I never made a game to impress anyone but myself :P
If you don't want to continue then don't. Nobody wants to hear someone whine about how their game is not good.
Mooshykris said:
Ok, have it your way, I won't try making an animated title or intro (before title)!
I don't get it..? :S

Nicole, perhaps you should get the facts right before you start telling people how to program.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
And as I said before, my talent is editing music, not scripting and spriting! I am struggling to make it as it is! But, I'm doing it... because I like to do that kind of stuff. I've wanted to make a fangame since was 8!

So, I began making it. Then I saw this forum and decided to make it public, I hoped to impress someone.... Like Jeff PK_Light, Peekimon, -virtual- Darkmage 31, blueguy, BlackCharizard, ect did.

But... I've failed.............

I can't do this anymore, If this cannot be fixed.... Then I will quit.....

Daegon and, or Dawson please check out these problems.... Tell me what you think..... If this keeps up..... I'm leaving.......

I had hoped that this wouldn't happen in this thread...

Oh, my. Don't quit right now. This thread is in its early stages, so, it may not have made a big impact... yet. But, as time passes, it may become a success. Have patience, and dedication, and you will prosper.

Back