• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Sebbe's PokedexOrder Editor (Fr, Lg, D, P Tool)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Sebbe's PokedexOrder Editor

Hey, Here is a new tool from me... This time is might be usefullm this is something i was missing when i hacked fire red (Not that i stoped) But here it is, the Pokedex Order editor, I added Diamond and Pearl to, so you can also edit them... This is a change to get rid of the Kanto/Sinogh Dex... About the evolution between pokemon that are not in the kanto dex, i have no idea about that works, but i gues you can fix it with the tool...
Credits > Dartharon for he's hex base, and he also help me! Thethethethe for the pokedexs offset!

sholh5.png

Link

Notice!
Please if anyone got the offset for the pokedex for other games, then please give it to me, so i can be able to put it in!

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
Nice one Sebbe, this has been missing from hacking for a while. Good Job. I think Darthatron was planning to add this into PEP but I guess you beat him to it!

You're doing really well with this programming malarchy - keep it up!

Kawaru

Classic Version Fan
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2009
Lovely program... I've been looking for sometihng like this for a while...

Is there any chance in the future the national dex order or Hoenn dex could be added? I'm presuming all you need is the hex base information

Years
A pokedex order changer? SWEET!

Hopefully the Evolution thing can be solved now!
Thanks, I think the evolution thing can be solve, but could any one please test this very fast?

Nice one Sebbe, this has been missing from hacking for a while. Good Job. I think Darthatron was planning to add this into PEP but I guess you beat him to it!

You're doing really well with this programming malarchy - keep it up!
Well, i did not beat him, We were talking over msn while during this, and he also helped a lot! He even made he's own version! But thanks!

Lovely program... I've been looking for sometihng like this for a while...

Is there any chance in the future the national dex order or Hoenn dex could be added? I'm presuming all you need is the hex base information
Well, i gues that im going to at the rse too, Then Thex4 just gave me the gold silver offset... The national dex do i not belive will be changed, because the order just goes, 0001 0002 0003 0004 0005 0006 0007 0008 0009 000A 000B, And all pokemon data is made around the National pokedex order... But maybe it eksist, nitendo putted a fire red dex in, which is just 0001-0097 (1 to 151 in decimal) And as far as i understud at Thethethethe is in Gold and silver!

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Sweet, a pokedex order changer...very useful for hacking, thanks for sharing it with us....
Hope you will get the offsets so that it'll be compatiable with other games. Nice work!

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
um... when I made Chikorita the first in place of Bulbasaur, it showed "000" and it wasn't registered when I got the Chikorita o_O

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2008
Dex Number Offsets and Format

Haven't tried your editor yet, but I've got a project of my own I'm working on, so I know how all the dex numbering works for FR/LG/R/S/E. This should be all the info you need, at least for the English versions of the games. (I'm giving more details in case anyone else reading the thread is interested.)

Dex numbers are stored at 2 different offsets: 1 for national number, 1 for Hoenn number. In both cases they consist of a sequence of 411 (or 412 if you count Pokemon #0) 2-byte, little-endian integers where each integer represents the dex number for the Pokémon at that location. They are ordered by the in-game Pokémon number.

For the national dex, starting with Bulbasaur = #1 you would have the bytes:
0x01 0x00 0x02 0x00 0x03 0x00 ...

And for the Hoenn dex, starting with Bulbasaur = #203 you would have:
0xcb 0x00 0xcc 0x00 0xcd 0x00 ...

I'm giving offsets beginning with Bulbasaur here. If you want to include Pokémon #0, just decrease each offset by 2.

# Leaf Green
[BPGE]
DexNumbersOffset = 0x251fca
HoennNumbersOffset = 0x251c94

# Fire Red
[BPRE]
DexNumbersOffset = 0x251fee
HoennNumbersOffset = 0x251cb8

# Ruby
[AXVE]
DexNumbersOffset = 0x1fc516
HoennNumbersOffset = 0x1fc1e0

# Sapphire
[AXPE]
DexNumbersOffset = 0x1fc4a6
HoennNumbersOffset = 0x1fc170

# Emerald
[BPEE]
DexNumbersOffset = 0x31dc82
HoennNumbersOffset = 0x31d94c

One thing to note (not sure if you plan to take care of it in your program or not) is that while you can change the national and hoenn numbers by modifying the data at these offsets, the Pokédex entry is tied to the national dex number, NOT to the Pokémon. So, if you just went to the dex numbers list in say emerald, and swapped bulbasaur's and charmander's numbers, charmander would now be #1 in the dex; and it would now have the height, weight, and description of dex entry 1 (previously bulbasaur).

Hope that helps,
-Silver314

Last edited:

AmineX

Music Expert
Years
pokedex order please for pokemon emerald!!!!!!!!!!

for emerald!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please pokedex order for emearld (u)

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:

Cryomancer

blocks your path.
Years
Any chance we'll see an update to this to edit the pokedex entries? I've got a thiny32 table file that may help some of the legwork in that regard if you'd like. For leafgreen, that is.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
Wait, so what does it actaully do? Sorry about the question but I wan't exactly sure. If I used it on FR could I make it so Pikachu is first and Bulbasaur is 44th?

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
wow lol i believe this is my first post lol. well i just wanted to start off by saying i love the idea however the D/P side of the program is not work (i havent tested the FR/LG side) i do hope you fix the problem cuz i do see a great start of a good program.

Sincerely, Zelow

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
This thread has been dead for over a month now. Please check dates on the last posts in a thread before posting again in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back