• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GFA's Pixel Place

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
I personally like the bottom misty :) And max isn't half bad :O But there's just something lacking that makes it say "Max" to me.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Hmm... me to, *at Misty* but I still want to know others opinions... Yeah, I'm not really sure what to do with Max, he lacks something I agree...

Introducing the very first anime co-ordinator, May!

If you ask me, she looks like a lard butt... Her sprite I mean

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Haha, I can't get over the fact her bandana looks more like a beret XD I'd suggest making her ponytail things come out the side of the bandana, not under it, or it makes it look like a hat~

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Foowie on May. I'll fix her lateer... Anywho, the brand new Misty with the bottom hair!

Atomic Reactor

mistys hair still looks bad.
the ponytail is too big

maxs head is to big.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Oi, I know about the pony tail being to big, I'm still working on that. As for Max, ... meh its the same size as the class he's modeled after. As for May... she's taking a vacation. *Mwahaha!*

How's this for Misty?

Atomic Reactor

take a lil off the bottom of the pony tail.

ok, then its maxs hair.
its to big. try to work on that.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
... You mean when she had more on the bottom? Because the newest one's O and A are the same...

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
I think the first one was better (O)

They're the same <_<

The top one has her Original (O) outfit, the bottom has the Advanced (A) one.

Personally, I prefer the older one (not the oldest one, but the one before this), I didn't think the extra hair looked too big.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Neither did I, lets see what AR thinks before I change it back.

Edit: I'd also like to say that this is my first thread to get to 2 pages, not to mention 3, so thank you all for the support!

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Eh, I'm not really good outlines. What do you think I should do, use a dark yellow outline, or darken the inside colors?

Years
Eh, I'm not really good outlines. What do you think I should do, use a dark yellow outline, or darken the inside colors?

Hmm, maybe for the outlines you should use a dark yellow outlines. And for shades, a bit of a darker shade of yellow (inside, on the clothes).​

Atomic Reactor

idk. might as well leave it.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
OK, lets see what I can do... Using a dark yellow outline dosn't quite work I'm afraid, so how does this look?

@ AR: OK

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2011
Study the D/P overworld style a bit more to see that there are simplified colors and not much shading yet it looks stunning. Look at D/P's original Professor Oak and compare/study to improve.

Im saying this because I am very experianced with sprite artwork, ESPECIALLY Pokemon styled sprites. If I have the time I will show you examples.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
... Was there a point in doing that besides to up your post count?

Anywho, I made a Sprite of my Orange Archipelago RP character, Bon Choc, he's my first sprite, and still a heavy edit:

Back