• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon:The New Era: DawnGarnet & DuskTanzanite

Shadow-Ying-Yang

My favorite song is Bleach Op8
Years
I've decided to close this thread. I guess I got bored one day and wrote this, but now I'm deleting it. Also, expect to see Pokemon Twlight in about 1-8 months from now. See ya, won't be back for awhile. Gonna be planning with Lucerine!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Lucerine

Nobody
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 10, 2010
Good Job, Dan.
But one tiny problem......YOU STOLE MY IDEAS FROM MY NOTEBOOK, DIDN'T YOU?!?!?!!??
DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG THIS WORK TOOK ME!?!?!?!? 2 MONTHS, DAMNMIT!!!!!!
Whew, now that my ranting is done, Dan, please only use my work WITH MY PERMISSION FIRST, and the name of the device is "PokeWrist", not Pokrist.
Also, why'd you do 12 gym leaders??? Elite 6????? Come on, I know that you can do better then that. The story is a little put together, and nothing else really makes sense.

I'm not trying to be a pain, but Dan, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CRAP?!?!?!?! DID YOU PUT THIS ALL IN AN OVEN AND TOOK IT OUT HALF-BAKED?????

*sigh*, At least tell me when you do things like this, 'kay? So that we can work as a team and get better team members???

Finally, I've decided on OUR new game. It's gonna be called Pokemon: Volcanic Dawn, Tidal Dusk, and Stormy Twlight. Tell me if you like it or not.

Otherwise, see ya later.

KWolf 2K

Urban Trainer
Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
I'm about to attempt to break things down for you. Hear me out before you go ignoring this.

This will be a series of games I HOPE to make.The New Era takes place 1,000 years after the Ketchum era, so this will be different.
Whoops, stop right there. "Ketchum Era"? I'm gonna have to ask you to look up the word "canon", alright?

Long ago, the original Pokemon World was destroyed in the 3rd Great Pokemon War, and few human and Pokemon made it out. As tired and homesick as they were, they never gave up. They scoured the stars, looking for a planet which they could call home....and they did.
They found a new home, full with strange new Pokemon they never knew existed. They then decided to make a home here, and so they prospered.

400 years into the future, after settling themselves in this new planet, they then wondered one thing: Are there more planets like this one?
And so they journeyed the stars once again, and found 6 more of these places, where even more Pokemon were found. They made settlements here as well, and then went back home to report about these places.
What they didn't know is that strange, legendary Pokemon, which the likes of the universe has ever seen before want to destroy their homes, and have humans to help them....
They tried to destroy them, and nearly succeeded, if the Galactic Trio of Solario, Lunaron, and Stellarus hadn't stopped them! And so, the peace was restored, or so they thought, as these ancient horrors awaken once more, and more powerful then ever...

You're a boy/girl who lives in Springbud Town(Lucerine gave me permission to use his names), and today is your 13th birthday. As a gift, your mother allows you to become...dah dah dah, a Pokemon Trainer!!! After receiving your starter Pokemon, your head out onto your grand journey throughout the 9 continents of the planet Valmio!!!!!!!

Fairly typical plot among fangamers, and lacking in original substance, but a start nonetheless. Oh, and really? Dah dah dah? Dude, c'mon.

- Features??? -

The 9 continents of Valmio, which are-
Shiko, The temperate region, also your home.
Zika, the hot region
Gallea, the tropical region
Chugia, the hot region
Tohoku, the cold region
Yumotoh, the ancient region
Lenoro, the warm region
Ishito, the somewhat-cold region
And Kandor, the 2nd temperate region.

Wait, so are the gyms split amongst the continents, or are there the same number of gyms. If your answer is choice A, you're wasting maps, and if it's choice B, that's gym overload.

300-500 Pokemon (*o*), plus a lot of your old favorites!!!

Oops, we're starting to get iffy here. 300-500 Pokemon? I assume you mean new species, which again is called overload. Not even the official games dump that much on us at once.
"...Plus a lot of your old favorites!!!" Does that mean only some of the originals show up? Not good.

The evolutionary system has changed. now, there will be a maximum of 4 evolutionary stages, plus new ways of evolving.

Have my eyes decieved me? Four evolutions?! That messes up the entire system in a lot of ways. It's like giving evolutions to legendaries: it's just not right!

12 Gym Leaders, and the Elite 6 + Champion!!!!!

Getting somewhere. I don't know if it's such a good idea, but it's about the best one so far.

New types, Cosmic and Light.
Cosmic Types are immune to every type except Dragon.
Light Types beat Ghost and Dark, beat are weak against Psychic.

Wrong! Just wrong!
Cosmic and Light are about the most common types created for fangames, but you've taken Cosmic to an unwanted extreme. Immune to everything except Dragon? That's basically saying we have to have all dragon types on our team or else we're screwed. Not a good idea, pal.

Team Chaos, who want to revive the 3 Deadly Creatures and the Destroyer.... Allmagedra.

I just flashed back to the R/S/E days. Coincidentally, that was about the same time that Pokemon declined in popularity among serious gamers.

After you beat both games, you'll have access to the third- TwlightQuartz.

So if I beat the game twice, I can play it a third time?
Heck yeah? No...

I'll let you in on something. The trick is to make a game that appeals to others, not just your own ideals. And in order to do that, you need to focus more on fleshing out the story into perfection and less on your "features". That thing about "And so much more(hopefully)!!!!!!!!!!", yeah, go ahead and erase that.
I don't intend to crush everything you've come up with, I'm just brutal when it comes to criticism. This is all constructive, mind you.

Back