• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tile Inserting, The Easy Way!

ME0W

Still busy working on my hack.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 16, 2009
Umm. . .
Once you have loaded the new tile set and saved it,
you don't have to manually put the new tiles into
the current tile set?

The changes will be instant?
Thanks for anyone who answers! :)

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Wow, this is probably the easiest tile inserting tutorial I've ever seen.

Once I get a laptop and re-add everything, I'll be sure to try this.
Thanks~
THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I EXPLAINED IT TO YOU.Nice tutorial man. Easy for newer hackers.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
thanks alot, this is a simple and easy tutorial to follow, thanks :)
i CAN get my tiles to appear in the certain palette viewer(image 17 in your tutorial,it is where your tile is), but they do not appear in the actual place where you map them, or in the place where you view what tiles you have (in the block editor).
please help, thanks.
PM me about it if you like

What do you mean by they do not appear in the block editor? Oh. That is because you have to make the blocks by using the image in the palette viewer. I mean, your tiles are inserted, but you haven't made the blocks. The blocks are made by the image in the palette. just click on parts of the images to make a block :S It's not that hard once you insert your tile. if the tile is off centered, open the tileset in paint and move it over a pixel or two. sorry for not responding sooner, I thought this tut was forever lost in the documents & tutorials section XD

Dabutcha

Creator of the Alphanigma Saga
Years
Thanks! I havent got around to editing the most common tiles yet, except the rocks. I made an awesome gym sign though.

firestormx19

i'm never loging in again.
Years
  • Age 35
  • hell
  • Seen Jul 8, 2010
i need help. i insent the pokemon center tile from d/p and i recolored it and saved it but want i go to loaded it on to advance it doesn't so were i put it it on my desktop it only shows the tiles that i save to edit but not the new one i saved. not sure what i did wrong. see attachments

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
i need help. i insent the pokemon center tile from d/p and i recolored it and saved it but want i go to loaded it on to advance it doesn't so were i put it it on my desktop it only shows the tiles that i save to edit but not the new one i saved. not sure what i did wrong. see attachments

So, you saved your Tileset in Paint, and only the old one shows up? Did you save over the old Tileset? Check what it looks like in Paint. Also, if it doesn't work, try it again, save the Tileset somewhere else, copy the Pal file that was saved with the Tileset to the same location as where you just saved it, and look in it then.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I think its not showing up cause when you export a tileset doesn't it ussually come up with a pallette file and all that other stuff, so for it to woork the absence of one of those other files is not tolerable. I donno I'm just playing around with the idea, and great tutorial, the eraser trick is something new, to me atleast :)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I think its not showing up cause when you export a tileset doesn't it ussually come up with a pallette file and all that other stuff, so for it to woork the absence of one of those other files is not tolerable. I donno I'm just playing around with the idea, and great tutorial, the eraser trick is something new, to me atleast :)

It should still be able to be seen and opened in Paint, and Block Editor (however, an error message about missing pal file comes up), so it isn't that.

firestormx19

Years
  • Age 35
  • hell
  • Seen Jul 8, 2010
So, you saved your Tileset in Paint, and only the old one shows up? Did you save over the old Tileset? Check what it looks like in Paint. Also, if it doesn't work, try it again, save the Tileset somewhere else, copy the Pal file that was saved with the Tileset to the same location as where you just saved it, and look in it then.

well i try that and then find out it was saving it as a bmp and not dib. so i fix that but now i'm stuck again. it not showing up in advance map. i hit load new blocks and new tiles or whatever it is and it still doesn't want to show it and i added more blocks so it would show up but that don't work. should i try cuting the sprite into pieces and see if that will work?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
well i try that and then find out it was saving it as a bmp and not dib. so i fix that but now i'm stuck again. it not showing up in advance map. i hit load new blocks and new tiles or whatever it is and it still doesn't want to show it and i added more blocks so it would show up but that don't work. should i try cuting the sprite into pieces and see if that will work?

Well, if you replaced free space, it won't appear as usable in Advance Map yet, as you didn't replace anything. This next bit is hard to explain, but easy in theory.

Does your tile appear in the middle Tileset thing?

firestormx19

Years
  • Age 35
  • hell
  • Seen Jul 8, 2010
well i did everything in this tutorial and i hit load current palette and write palette to rom witch i don't do those two things before heres what it looks like in my rom thanks for the help. all i'm chancing is the pokemon center and poke mart it shouldn't be that hard.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
well i did everything in this tutorial and i hit load current palette and write palette to rom witch i don't do those two things before heres what it looks like in my rom thanks for the help. all i'm chancing is the pokemon center and poke mart it shouldn't be that hard.

In the block editor goto tiles -> load new blocks.

firestormx19

Years
  • Age 35
  • hell
  • Seen Jul 8, 2010
In the block editor goto tiles -> load new blocks.

opps forgot to say that too. yeah i did that too and chance the blocks numbers from 89 to 100 and still noting and i exit out of advance map and go back in and still noting.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
opps forgot to say that too. yeah i did that too and chance the blocks numbers from 89 to 100 and still noting and i exit out of advance map and go back in and still noting.

You added more blocks to the tileset then. :3
That's what happens when you change that value.

firestormx19

Years
  • Age 35
  • hell
  • Seen Jul 8, 2010
You added more blocks to the tileset then. :3
That's what happens when you change that value.
yeah i know. ummm i think i will just wait for a d/p/pt map editor. want i start my second hack well after my first hack get finish that is.

Back