• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ones That Got Away Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

randaddy

Fresh Prince of Neoh
Years
Hello i would like to enter the leafgreen chalenge.my team is vileplume wiglytuff sandslash nintails poliwrath butterfree. my hm slaves will be tenticool and rataata. thanks

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Blissy's The Ones Who Got Away Challenge! - Silver Version!
Chapter 2: The problems will never end, right?
Alright...on to Mr. Pokemon's House. Did some training to get Petal more powerful so he could learn Razor Leaf. I got Petal up to Level 6 by fighting a lot of Pidgey. I encountered no Sentret, and...I had no Poke Balls yet. Catching Sentret will have to wait...for now.​

Ok...Cherrygrove City. I go and heal up Petal from all his training, and I set out again for Mr. Pokemon's house. I'll go back for the Town Map later, but...I might forget. I grab the Berry off the tree near a house, and I talk to the guy in the house to get another Berry. After getting into even more battles, I made it to Mr. Pokemon's house, and Professer Oak was there. He gave me the Pokedex, and I set out again to head back to New Bark Town after getting the mystery egg.​

After I left Mr. Pokemon's house, I got a call from Professer Elm. Apparently, something bad has happened back at his lab. I had to go back to go see.​

On my way back to New Bark Town, I encountered a strange red haired kid. His name at that time was a mystery, so it was time to own him. For some reason, he had a Cyyndaquil, the arch enemy of Petal. Petal was almost owned, but he came out victorius.​

He said his name was ???, but I had no time to make fun of his name like hell, I had to get back to New Bark Town. I healed up Petal, and headed out again. When I got to the lab, Elm was talking to a cop about the stolen pokemon. I told him that the red haired kid was the thief, and his name was Deyrell. I gave Elm the mystery egg, and told him about the Pokedex. He was amazed, and I went to go tell my mom I was leaving.​

After getting my 5 Poke Balls, I headed out to catch a Sentret. After about 10 minutes, I caught one and named him Furry. After training Furry up so he could do more, I went to get Phanpy, but I couldn't find one after searching for a half hour. I gave up on Phanpy, and headed back to the area that Mr. Pokemon's house was. I battled some trainers and went over to Violet City, where I'd fight the 1st Gym Leader...after Sprout Tower.​

This concludes this chapter of my The Ones Who Got Away Challenge.
Blissy's Squad:
Spr_2s_152.png

Petal (Chikorita) Lv. 9
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Razor Leaf
Spr_2s_161.png

Furry (Sentret) Lv. 7
Moves: Tackle, Defense Curl​

Badges Obtained:
So far....none.​

I won't be able to get Slugma until Kanto, and Phanpy is not easy to find. I'll need two different pokemon.​

Hacki101

I use too many smileys.... :P
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
I won't be able to get Slugma until Kanto, and Phanpy is not easy to find. I'll need two different pokemon.

Have a Shuckle and a Haunter

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Chapter 3: The Dreaded Sprout Tower!
Ok...Sprout Tower time. My party of two is healed up, and ready to go. I went over to the tower, and entered. Not much to do on Floor 1, so I went on to the next floor. The trainers...as the tower's name suggests, they all have Bellsprout. Furry kept reaching death in the battles he was in, so I wasted all of my Potions on him. At the end, I encountered Deyrell again. He had beated the head sage, and escaped with an escape rope. It was my turn to battle. The sage had two Bellsprouts, and a Hoothoot. Furry was owned by his Hoothoot after Petal owned the two Bellsprouts. Petal finished up the battle with 7 HP. Lucky he survived.​

This concludes this chapter of my The Ones Who Got Away Challenge. Sorry it was so short, but I'm a little busy.
Blissy's Squad:
Spr_2s_152.png

Petal (Chikorita) Lv. 13
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Razor Leaf, Reflect
Spr_2s_161.png

Furry (Sentret) Lv. 9
Moves: Tackle, Defense Curl​

Badges Obtained:
None. I'm battling Falkner later.​

@Hacki101 That'll really work. I can get a Gastly in Sprout Tower, and get Shuckle from Cianwood City.​

-Cygnus-

It's an odyssey
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2015
Sorry for the lack of update Sammu! I'm still doing the challenge, but a little more focused on the St. Patty's one atm. I am currently in the desert, and about to face Norman. I guess you can have an update after that :P

EDIT: W00t! 50 posts!

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Chapter 4: Ownage, meet Blissy.
It's time to own Falkner...but first, I headed back to Sprout Tower to catch a Gastly. It didn't take long, so I caught a level 4 Gastly. After catching Gastly, I went to go train him by using a simple tactic I learned from chuggaaconroy's Fire Red LP. After training up Spooky, I headed over to Violet City's gym.

Ok.....it's gym time! I took down the two trainers before Falkner, and headed over to own the Gym Leader himself. Falkner, like every 1st Gym Leader, has two pokemon. He started off with Pidgey while i used Furry. After a little damage, Furry took down Pidgey. Next...Pidgeotto. I had Petal take over, and start up with a Reflect so Gust wouldn't do much damage. After a while, Petal took out Pidgeotto. After winning, I got the Zephyr Badge, and the Mud-Slap TM.

Now...onward to the next town! Ok...I start off encountering a Mareep. I had Spooky out in front to start things off. With one Lick, Mareep got paralysed. After that, I chipped away at Mareep until I caught it. After that...I got a ton of training done.

This concludes this chapter of my The Ones Who Got Away Challenge.
Blissy's Squad:
Spr_2s_152.png

Petal (Chikorita) Lv. 14
Spr_2s_161.png

Furry (Sentret) Lv. 11
Moves: Tackle, Defense Curl, Mud-Slap, Quick Attack
Spr_2s_092.png

Spooky (Gastly) Lv. 9
Moves: Lick, Hypnosis, Spite
Spr_2s_179.png

Shiek (Mareep) Lv. 10
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Thundershock
Badges Obtained:
Zephyr_Badge.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2015
I have a question now.
Is it against the rules to trade all of my pokemon in at level 1?

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
EDIT: No brodioh, that's absolutely fine. That's what I do.

No worries -Cygnus-. You can take as much time as you like, updates are just to keep this thread alive and nice and high up the first page of Challenges.

...speaking of which...

Update 12: Challenge complete

I completed the Challenge by beating the E4 rematches in update 11, so this final update is for the purposes of rating my final team members.

The Team - Final Impressions:
Spoiler:

The Too Long, Didn't Read version:

Johto MVP: Mismagius
Johto LVP: Dragonite
E4 (1st run) MVP: Omastar
E4 (1st run) LVP: Dragonite
Kanto MVP: Dragonite
Kanto LVP: Girafarig
E4 (2nd run) MVP: Omastar
E4 (2nd run) LVP: Pinsir

Overall MVP: Omastar
Overall LVP: Pinsir/Girafarig (although both were still awesome)
Overall Best Moveset: Omastar
Overall Worst Moveset: Dragonite (just because of the first 30-40 levels)

Thanks for reading, anyone who did. I really enjoyed my own Challenge, and I'll be posting a new sign-up form very soon indeed. I've added myself to the Champions list (ha!).

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024

Zeffy's Update #1

I decided to take it slow and organized. I'll be updating for every GYM leader I defeat. And with this update, I have defeated a GYM leader. :D

I'm going to list my adventure, because its easier for me to do and easier for you to read.

~ Started the game, named myself "Zeffy".
~ Went on with the normal story stuff.
~ Saved Prof. Birch using Mudkip.
~ More story stuff that is very boring that you would fall asleep.
~ Got to May and defeated her very easily.
~ Got the Pokedex, and a few Pokeballs.
~ Started to catch the first 2 Pokemon on my list: Wurmple and Poochyena.
~ Captured a male Wurmple at Lv. 2, and a female Poochyena at Lv. 2.
~ Leveled them both up to Lv. 7, hoping that Wurmple would evolve into a Silcoon....and it did! :D
~ Went to Petalburg and more boring story stuff.
~ Went through Petalburg Woods and Silcoon evolved to Beautifly on the way.
~ Got through Rustboro City and leveled up both my Pokemon to Lv. 15.
~ Faced Roxanne. Poochyena as the head and Beatifly as the backup. Fortunately, all of Roxanne's Pokemon were knocked out by Poochyena's Bite attack. Although, at the end of the battle, all that's left of her was a bar of red health.
~ Healed, saved, and quit.

And now, the team and thoughts.

PokemonEmerald_01.png

Poochyena
Stats:
Spoiler:

Poochyena's hard to level up, but she managed to get through Roxanne alive. That's a pretty good achievement if you ask me. I think she will be leading the team for quite a while.

Beautifly
Stats:
Spoiler:

As a Wurmple, Beautifly was quite a battler. I think his motto is "Fight and fight until you faint". xD
Anyways, I felt good when Wurmple evolved into Silcoon. Pretty sure, if I were to put it in competitive battling terms, Beatifly will be a sweeper. ;)

Fin.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
My second sign-up sheet...

Name: Sammuthegreat
Game: SoulSilver (again!)
List of Pokemon that got away: (Be warned, it's a huge list)
Spoiler:

Number required: 6
Any specific requirements: Preferably a Surfer and a Flyer.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Sammu, take:

Zangoose, Vaporeon, Kangaskhan, Aerodactyl, Ambipom, and Mamoswine.

I am assuming you can hack/trade in Zangoose and Aerodactyl, since Zangoose isn't obtainable in-game until post E4, and Aerodactyl can't be revived until Pewter City. The rest can be obtained normally (Kangaskhan is in the Safari Zone). Lemme know if that works.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
Sammu, take:

Zangoose, Vaporeon, Kangaskhan, Aerodactyl, Ambipom, and Mamoswine.

I am assuming you can hack/trade in Zangoose and Aerodactyl, since Zangoose isn't obtainable in-game until post E4, and Aerodactyl can't be revived until Pewter City. The rest can be obtained normally (Kangaskhan is in the Safari Zone). Lemme know if that works.

Yeah that's fine, I've got all those Pokemon already on my main HG game, I'll just breed them and trade them across at Lv.1.

Could I be a pain though and ask that you change two of the Normal-types? I don't mind which two, but I actually meant to specify I'd like a variety of types in my sign-up form...

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Small update:

Welp, Poochyena evolved whilst in Dewford. I beat Brawly using Beautifly. I used Stun Spore on his Makuhita...he used Reversal but I survived. xD
Anyways, I reached Slateport and renamed my Pokemon. Mightyena is now Beasthound and Beautifly is now named Florence. Such nice names. xD
Currently in Mauville right now, readying for Wattson. This GYM is going to be hard especially having only 2 Pokemon. Bets for how many restarts I'm going to do is now open. ;)

Last edited:

Hacki101

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
I'm not stopping my other one but i want to do this on my new copy of Pokemon White as well :D

Player: Hacki
Game: White
Number Required: 6
Specifications: None

Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

I have already done Bug Monotype and a random playthrough!

Hacki101

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Hacki101 take a

Bouffalant
Ducklett
Trubbish
Foongus
Patrat
Roggenrola

Umm could you change one of the normal types for another pokemon please- i dont really want 2 of them. thank you

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Chapter 5: Buggin' Out.

Slowpoketail?!?! It's edible?!? Okay.....a guy is eating a Slowpoketail, and he's selling me one for OVER 9000!!!!! dollers. Screw that! I heal up, then it's time for Union Cave.

Ok.......Union Cave. Luckily, Flash isn't required to get through Union Cave. Now...I still have Spooky up front since it'll take a while for him to evolve. Now...not much to say. Two floor cave...really short. A few trainers...really.....not much. Well...a few items, but still, not much.

Finally free! Now...what's going on in Azalea Town? Gasp! Team Rocket!? But...why? How? Didn't Red own them all back in Kanto three years ago? Something isn't right...so I'm going to the gym. Wait one second...THEY blocked off the gym!?!?!? That's it! They're dead meat! Well, might as well enter an anonymous house where a guy named Kurt lived. Apparently, Team Rocket is back in buisiness. Only one place to go.....to the Slowpoke Well!

Kurt...all I can say is...YOU FAIL! He fell down the well, and hurt his back. Looks like I'm on my own. But...Team Rocket has their own awesome battle music!

This concludes this chapter of my The Ones Who Got Away Challenge.​
Blissy's Squad:

Spr_2s_152.png

Petal (Chikorita) Lv. 14
Spr_2s_161.png

Furry (Sentret) Lv. 11
Moves: Tackle, Defense Curl, Mud-Slap, Quick Attack
Spr_2s_092.png

Spooky (Gastly) Lv. 9
Moves: Lick, Hypnosis, Spite
Spr_2s_179.png

Shiek (Mareep) Lv. 10
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Thundershock
Badges Obtained:
Zephyr_Badge.png

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024

Zeffy's Update #2
Technically its #3 but idc that much. xD

I'm too lazy to say what I have done recently, so I'm just going to show you my team. Oh and yeah, I've defeated Wattson and captured a Slugma. Currently in front of Flannery's GYM, worrying. ;)

And now...THE TEAM!

PokemonEmerald_01-3.png

Ignore the egg and the slave. xD

Anyways, now to team thoughts.

Siegfried...well, he's not that great but he's coming to it. I can't wait for him to evolve already.

Florence is, by far, the MVP of the team. Once he learns Silver Wind, I wonder if anyone can stop him. xD

Beasthound is great. Not as great as Florence but you get the point. If only I had other options other than Bite. Maybe I should teach it Secret Power.

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Oh oops forgot Bouffalant was normal haha

Instead of Bouffalant take a Yamask instead

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
Sorry guys, can I ask someone to give me my last 3 Pokemon? jdthebud gave me 6 but that included 3 Normal-types; I was hoping for a bit more variety in types. So far I have:

Vaporeon
Abomasnow
Aerodactyl

Could you please pick one out of:

Zangoose
Kangaskhan
Ambipom

...then pick me 2 more from the below list? I don't mind which as long as they're not duplicate types of any of the above...

List of Pokemon that got away: (Be warned, it's a huge list)
Spoiler:

Thanks again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back