• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon 4th Gen Mapping (Still in the works, Importing is not done yet)

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
Hey, thanks for the tutorial! It's very useful for people trying to understand how to use these tools. :)

Anyways, I was wondering, is there anyway that you can add how to set up warps to the tutorial? I'm at a loss for how to do so with ds maps...

VERGUNDAI

RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
Years
Yes, I'm working on Multiple Hacks testing maps...

Problems:
- some maps fail at texture so when you add new polygons it always ends up in different textures(while in the game.)

Problem is that 3DS Max 6 has nitro plugins working with 3d material editor but the obj2max import plugin is really messy or loads wrong textures.

*If anyone knows how to install nitro-sdk on Max 8 please tell me!
--> when i install the nitro plugin into Max 8 it loads plugin errors, but some people were able to install it onto Max 8.

* Why Max 8 or 2010, you can load textures without fail and edit it.

Also I might soon post my RomHack of Platinum/ or Heartgold.

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Yes, I'm working on Multiple Hacks testing maps...

Problems:
- some maps fail at texture so when you add new polygons it always ends up in different textures(while in the game.)

Problem is that 3DS Max 6 has nitro plugins working with 3d material editor but the obj2max import plugin is really messy or loads wrong textures.
Yes, I'm having this problem too, I'm also having difficulty exporting the files with the plugin as well. It comes up with an error saying "An error has occurred and the application will now close. Do you want to save a copy of the current scene?", after saving or not saving... it then comes up with the Discreet Error Report.
*If anyone knows how to install nitro-sdk on Max 8 please tell me!
--> when i install the nitro plugin into Max 8 it loads plugin errors, but some people were able to install it onto Max 8.

* Why Max 8 or 2010, you can load textures without fail and edit it.

Also I might soon post my RomHack of Platinum/ or Heartgold.

When I tried loading it on Max 8, it showed the NINTENDO NITRO-System option. But when trying to export the file, it wouldn't work.

droomph

weeb
Years
Hey, thanks for the tutorial! It's very useful for people trying to understand how to use these tools. :)

Anyways, I was wondering, is there anyway that you can add how to set up warps to the tutorial? I'm at a loss for how to do so with ds maps...

That's taken care of by the map header and preliminary information, I think you should go check that out.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Amazing tutorial, I really hope it opens the path to 4th Gen hacking to even more people!

Someone asked about how to install the plugins. There's a pdf file included with the plugins (or at least it should be) that has official instructions. Also, the 3ds max plugins work with versions 6, 7 and 8. 8 is the last version to work, newer ones don't.

VERGUNDAI

RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
Years
I thought of it, about RSE remake and I made littleroot town.
Then again I thought about LOL this won't make any difference.

Since I used HGSS, i used the build from Pallet Town to start off, since it had the Pallet Town 3D Building data. But I also wanted to use the New Bark 3D building datas which had the appropriate models to load the houses.

And the models from New Bark won't load on Pallet Town.

Last edited:

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
Warps are done in PPRE. You can move warps around with SDSME, but I haven't used it yet.

Yeah, I've been trying to with both programs, but so far it's done nothing. Every time I set the warp to just the map I want, it won't actually go to this location when I use the warp in game. I've verified quite a few times that I have the right place and the right warp, but nothing seems to be working. :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I thought of it, about RSE remake and I made littleroot town.
Then again I thought about LOL this won't make any difference.

Since I used HGSS, i used the build from Pallet Town to start off, since it had the Pallet Town 3D Building data. But I also wanted to use the New Bark 3D building datas which had the appropriate models to load the houses.

And the models from New Bark won't load on Pallet Town.

i wanna some of you´re maps please sir. Becuase i wanna see what you can do with this tools ;)

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2014
Hey, I'd like to say thanks for the tutorial, it's really clear and helpful. However, I have a small problem. Your maps seem to open with textures automatically in Sketchup. Well, mine don't... :nervous: For the record, I'm using HGSS maps. I've tried several, but none of them work. I'm using Sketchup 8, the free version. Anyone would happen to know the solution to this?

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2014
Afraid the suggestions didn't solve my problem. Ignore Material Library is set to no, I've tried reinstalling both the plugin and Google Sketchup itself, but I still get all black/white textures. I am sure these maps have textures because they show up in MKDS. Any suggestions :cross-eye?

Back