• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I've been wondering: there's been often talk about what can attract you to a RP, but, I'm just wondering:

What discourages you from joining certain RPs? Is there factors that you would consider an RP to be... not very attractive?
Hmm... Theme. If the RP is based on a series, show, game, or something you already have no interest in, why would the RP? On top of that, people tend to avoid RPs they don't know much about (for example, there are people who avoid my HYRULE RP because they don't know very much about Zelda). I suppose the quality of the first OOC post can also have a big effect on peoples' interest or disinterest in an RP.

There's also the fact that different people like different kinds of RPs, such as Sandox, Linear, Adventure, or Journey Roleplays.

Oops, I said 'journey'. I wonder how long Red's will take to get here.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
New Roleplay is just around the corner. Get ready for it.

ants.png

You . . . were serious? >.> Oh my. Can't wait to see this, lol.

What discourages you from joining certain RPs?

Ah, I don't know. Type of roleplay, what it's about, how well the story is crafted, the quality of the GM and the original post (a bad OP will portray the RP badly, and vice versa) and a bunch of other factors. I wouldn't say too much discourages me, unless I don't like the story, how it's handled or the GM handling it. It is more of a matter of "How will you gain my interest?" Basically, if it doesn't sound interesting, you don't feel like the RP itself will be any better, unless you think you can write your character's individual story interestingly using the basics of the RP.

So . . . yeah, lol.

Okay, my Magic x Pokemon medieval roleplay is coming along. I have a low-quality map drawn up, so . . . I guess I'll post that later when I have a basic story synopsis or whatever for you guys. <.<

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Oops, I said 'journey'. I wonder how long Red's will take to get here.
I'M HERE.

I've been wondering: there's been often talk about what can attract you to a RP, but, I'm just wondering:

What discourages you from joining certain RPs? Is there factors that you would consider an RP to be... not very attractive?
Hum. You mean like the first post? Nah. Perhaps if I think that the GM has no sense of structure and wording, I won't really be inclined to join. But more than general neat formatting in the sense of proper paragraphing, spaces and perhaps some titles here and there to tell what's what in the post, I'll never require. I just want to see that the GM knows how to organize and plan things :3

Scripturient

I think I've lost it.
Years
Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it and I'll be sure to look into the ones that have been recommended. :)

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Youkai academy is looking for three new members!

Please join us! And Lilizuki's local mini bar in the OOC thread c:

What discourages me to join a Roleplay… well, if it's a RP about a certain anime or game (other than Pokémon) I don't know much about, then I need a lot of information from the GM but 9 out of the 10 times I won't join it anyway. It also discourages me when a RP has bad grammar and I mean… very bad. If there are a lot of RPers joining from whom I know they have a dislike towards me, it can make me stop from joining too, but that's only if it's more than one.

It happened before that a certain person left a RP because I was in it and he noticed later, this is what i'm trying to prevent.

I don't have a dislike towards anyone though~ c:

Last edited:

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years

The kind of people in it, and the way the original post is formulated. It has to look... attractive. Like, I want to a good plot in case I don't know what the heck you're talking about. And I don't really like it when I'm looking at other people's SUs, and the only ones there are short and under developed, and those are accepted.

SINCE IT'S SHAMELESS PLUG IN TIME (or at least was), LEMME HELP YOU THAR. The Children Are Hunted is looking for new players. Because it feels stale right now, sad to say... and I've been inactive (midterms, and...), cause I'm used to making extremely long posts there. And I'm formulating a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP. I just need to get it on paper... or Google Drive.

IN other news, I'm curious, what would you like to see in an RP that you haven't seen before? Really, anything from plot to mechanics, just what would you like to see? What are you hoping to find in one?

Sorry if I overused the bold. I think I did.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
New Roleplay is just around the corner. Get ready for it.

ants.png

totally did not come back just to see this but I'll be bummed if there are no spots when I come back from my road trip! :( Been looking forward to this since it was first announced!

I rarely feel discouraged when it comes to roleplays, but the one thing that makes me feel really discouraged is actually the demand for activity. If there's a roleplay that demands a ton of activity (i.e. YOU MUST POST TWICE A DAY OR GOODBYE etc) it's...really not my cup of tea. I mean, activity is awesome, but I really want a roleplay that can fit my busy schedule, and not be bragged or pestered every time to get a post in. lol

I agree with the two members who said structure in first post and the quality of the posts. Those two seem to fit my criteria. lol

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Greetings everyone. This is an advertisement to join Aerion, a high fantasy medieval RP in an original world. We currently have a few vacancies on one side, and would like to get them filled up. If you so choose, feel free to check it out and sign up!

Reactions: SV

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
Hello all!
Now I will start with an apology for my absence and its rather sudden occurrence! My uni work load really crept up on me last semester and resulted in my leaving with little in the way of an announcement. Cannot stress how sorry I am for that (especially to the GMs of RPs that I was involved in...luckily I don't think I was involved too heavily in any at that point).

I am obviously returning to Pokecommunity thanks to my exams now being over and the work load having lightened considerably as we move through to new modules. This time I wont be joining quite as many RPs (I begin work on my dissertation in the near future so as much as I'd rather be rp'ing than writing dis proposals I sadly cant). So...Hello to anyone new(er) here and hello again to those I left behind. Glad to be back!

EvilSkittles

Lord of the kitchen
Years
Well I would like to introduce myself to the Rp corner. I've been in a wolf rp in the past and am working up a character for a Good Omens rp on tumblr, other than that I'm still pretty new to rping in general.

Hopefully snagged the last spot in thread earlier.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Hello all!
Now I will start with an apology for my absence and its rather sudden occurrence! My uni work load really crept up on me last semester and resulted in my leaving with little in the way of an announcement. Cannot stress how sorry I am for that (especially to the GMs of RPs that I was involved in...luckily I don't think I was involved too heavily in any at that point).

I am obviously returning to Pokecommunity thanks to my exams now being over and the work load having lightened considerably as we move through to new modules. This time I wont be joining quite as many RPs (I begin work on my dissertation in the near future so as much as I'd rather be rp'ing than writing dis proposals I sadly cant). So...Hello to anyone new(er) here and hello again to those I left behind. Glad to be back!
Welcome back, Arctos! Hope you find a RP you really want to stick with without overloading yourself now :)

Well I would like to introduce myself to the Rp corner. I've been in a wolf rp in the past and am working up a character for a Good Omens rp on tumblr, other than that I'm still pretty new to rping in general.

Welcome to the RP Corner, EvilSkittles! RP on tumblr, eh? I don't know what that's like but the fine thing about this place is that we often get people over who have RPed in many different ways and who can bring something new to the section. Still, make sure to read the rules and helpful stickied threads and I'm sure that you'll realize really soon how we do RPing here :) If you want to find a new RP to join, you can check out the Roleplay Library. See you around!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Mmm, so I've decided to put my GM glasses on again and make another RP. Or at least try too. Maybe it'll be another original pokemon region journey RP?

Maybe, as long as you begin posting in MAO again :3

I'm actually considering scrapping my character there and begin GMing more, with NPCs and whatnot. Because it seems like the sandboxiness of that Johto was a bit overwhelming to most.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hello all!

No need to apologize, my good friend. I'm feeling your pain right now. So much work to do right now here! It's a good thing, however, that you will be limiting yourself on joining roleplays, because that's something I'm doing. Joining 1-2 is alright.

Welcome back and stick around! Hope to see you around. :)

I never tried RPing on tumblr, although that sounds pretty fun. Welcome aboard to le RP corner! Hopefully our RP here is easy for you, if not, feel free to ask questions! We're a helpful bunch. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Yes of course! I haven't forgotten~

I'm not sure if I want to GM + be a player at my new RP at the same time though. ;___;

Try being GM only, then! It's often a good idea even though it can be really fun to be a player in a world you've lovingly created~

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
So, I have a crudely drawn map and stuff of the region for my Pokemon x Magic roleplay. Yes, it's pieced together with Conquest map items, lol. xD

Spoiler:

For this, I'll probably be a GM only, lol. I'm in three roleplays now; one's barely started and the other has yet to start, and that already seems like a bit much, lol.

Thoughts? C:

Also:

Welcome back Arctos and welcome EvilSkittles! d:

EvilSkittles

Lord of the kitchen
Years
Welcome to the RP Corner, EvilSkittles! RP on tumblr, eh? I don't know what that's like but the fine thing about this place is that we often get people over who have RPed in many different ways and who can bring something new to the section.
I never tried RPing on tumblr, although that sounds pretty fun. Welcome aboard to le RP corner! Hopefully our RP here is easy for you, if not, feel free to ask questions! We're a helpful bunch. :)
Yeah I don't really get how it works either. I know they make a character blog and interact through it with asks and long reblog chains.

Argggh earlier today, actually last night, I completely lost all my character notes. I'm so frustrated and feel a little guilty that I'm being slow in my SUs now. I just want to kill Word, from now on I will stick to Notepad.:cer_pissed:

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Yeah I don't really get how it works either. I know they make a character blog and interact through it with asks and long reblog chains.

Argggh earlier today, actually last night, I completely lost all my character notes. I'm so frustrated and feel a little guilty that I'm being slow in my SUs now. I just want to kill Word, from now on I will stick to Notepad.:cer_pissed:

Might I recommend using Notepad++? Tabs, zoom, customization, and it's more than just a regular Notepad! :D

Also, welcome! (So fashionably late. |D )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back