• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Life after Death IC [M]

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
Skyla didn't even have enough time to respond when another face appeared, who must have been 'the white-haired girl' because, well, she was a girl with white hair. She declared her name as Angel, and I had to put the religious connotations aside for the moment because Skyla was going crazy. Gee, that was a surprise.

Angel was weird though. When Skyla tried to kill her (yes, that escalated pretty quickly, but that's just what she does), the knives just deflected off of her. Skyla grabbed my arm and tried to run, but we hit an invisible wall. Angel's doing. Something told me that I had to step in.

So, of course, I was forced to act as the voice of reason.

"Hey, Skyla!" I yelled, trying to grab her attention. "You don't even know what she wants and you're trying to kill her?!"

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Nate states that Skyla doesn't know what she wants - acting like the voice of reason

"I tried to kill her because she can stop us moving to the net life!" It was enough said to Skyla, she didn't bother saying much more - she had to find a way out of this wall.

The wall surrounded the whole canteen, and most of the classrooms, however everyone was on the other side of the wall. Skyla and Nate were stuck with the recently dubbed Angel.

"Try and find a way through the wall!" Skyla yells at Nate.

Maxew555

You can call me Max :D
Years
Jacques had seen all three of the other boys leave the room, so he decided he would run ahead and find the room, he made his way down the stairs and looked though the glass in the doors and into the rooms to see what was inside of each, first he saw a room full of desks, the second was the same, however, the third that he peered into contained the instruments they were looking for. Jacques darted into the room, glancing backwards quickly, but taking no note of who, if anyone, was behind him.

Jacques planted himself in front of a Yahoma Keyboard and attempted to play, a catchy tune was played, though the tune itself sounded as if it was from the 1600s, a tune usually played on a organ. 'At least I know I can play though, even if not all that well. Maybe one of the others will be able to teach me a more modern song?' Jacques thought to himself before playing the same tune once again.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Darren Hayes - Revelations Through Song

Soon, the group made it to the music room. Jacques ran inside and sat behind a keyboard and played a small tune, which made Darren smile a little. At least, until he saw an electric guitar that made his heart pound fiercer than before. It was a beautiful instrument with a cherry red paintjob and the body was shaped like an upside-down V. Wasting no time, he made a bee-line straight for the guitar, feeling like it was calling to him.

As soon as Darren picked up the guitar, a shockwave hit his brain hard, causing him to shut his eyes and grit his teeth for a few seconds from all this activity. He pictured himself with a few other boys that had their instruments on them. They were getting ready to practice a song that they heard on the radio. As his memory continued, Darren (with eyes closed shut) played the intro to the Scorpions' song, "Rock You Like a Hurricane". When he finished, he opened his eyes as a tear streamed down his cheek. "I...I remember this," he said numbly, still recovering from the shock, "I can play...and I miss it so much." Without thinking, he quickly shred a couple of times before grinning bigger than the Cheshire Cat!

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

IggyKoopa

Years
Skyla's answer to my question was rather useless, as seemed to be becoming the norm with her. I was feeling more tolerant at that moment than I had been earlier, but I still cut in by grabbing her wrist.

"Skyla. Could you please, seriously, calm down for once? It's the only way were gonna be able to find a way out of here."

I then released her wrist and leaned back against the invisible wall, rubbing my forehead. "Ugh, god, I don't deserve any of this... Not only have I apparently died, but the afterlife I was sent to is a sick and twisted one and I just want to go back to whatever home I might have come from." For some reason, though, I got a sort of weird, uneasy feeling as I said that. It was almost as if the life I had come from was worse than the life I was in...

Years
Aisu followed Jacques and Darren down the stairs and into the room. Jack instantly ran to the keyboard and played a little old-school tune, and it wasn't half bad. However when Darren shreaded on an exquisite electric guitar, a weak smile actually came over Aisu's as since depressive expression. Though he still didn't say anything. As he passed by a drum set he tapped one with his finger, not feeling any particular urge to try it. He then looked ahead at a platnium flute. He held it in his hand and felt a cool shiver run through his body.

Taking a seat next to the instrument he brought the mouth piece to his lips. and placed his fingers, he didn't know what he was playing, the notes just came to him. The tune was played in a low tone, cold and rather depressing, yet somehow equally calming. He pulled the flute away to look at it. 'So...I can play...' He thought a moment before continuing the tune.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Skyla folds her arms and leans against the wall. She looks down at the ground, staring at her shoes in embaresment. Nate was right - she wasn't calm, but she needed to be. She, in truth, wanted to confess and ask for Nate's help but she couldn't ruin her own pride.

"I'm sorry." She says simply. Her voice is now calm and low as she says, "The wall was created when Angel used that strange spell. She must have rigged it herself, made a trap to get one or two of us away from a group, then take us out with her strange contraptions. She's odd I'll tell you that." She pauses for a moment, even though her voice is slow enough to not need it. "I think we ought to find the others. They will be on the other side of the wall, upstairs, and they need to understand our situation. Nate, this is your first mission - find a way through this barrier!"

Skyla picks up hr hand and walks in a direction. She puts up her hand and signals Nate to follow her. She comes to a staircase in which they both climb and walk along a few corridors. After a while they come to the one corridor they can't go through.

"Down this corridor and to the left is the music room. I have a feeling this wall is sound proof considering I don't here music - but then again that's just an assumption."

She turns to Nate with a question - "If I presented you with 6 colours, would you choose, yellow, red, blue, green, purple, or orange?"

IggyKoopa

Years
I was fairly surprised that Skyla actually calmed down. For a brief moment, I was able to take control of the situation. Skyla apologized, and began to figure it out... before, once again, instructing me to find a way through the barrier.

Not before long, though, she went off in a direction that apparently wasn't blocked off, and I followed. We went up a flight of stairs and kept walking until we came to another wall. Then she turned around and hit me with an awfully cryptic-sounding question about colors. I was barely prepared for it, but I still took a few seconds to think about the choices listed.

Yellow... not really. Red, maybe, as was also blue. I wasn't particularly fond of green and purple, but...

"Orange," I answered. It just sort of slipped out of my mouth, but when I said it, I got this strange feeling...

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
"Orange, colour of sunshine, happiness and flavor." She doesn't say much more after that for a while. She once again leans against the invisible wall, resting your shoulders and back once more.

"Sometimes, people's colour represents what they did in their past life - as sometimes it may not be your favorite colour, or the colour you remember seeing the most. For me it was black, which I honestly don't find too appealing, I much prefer such colours like purple. What i did their as give you a limited choice of colours. Now tell me, out of every colour, what colour comes into your head straight away when I ask you?"

IggyKoopa

Years
Again, I took a couple seconds to think. "Really dark blue," I answered, oddly specifically. Perhaps it was just the color I was looking at at the time; I don't really know. What I did know was that my answer of orange was weird. Skyla said it could have to do with my past life, but even in the afterlife I didn't see myself as a particularly bright or happy person. I tried to dig a little deeper in my thoughts, but got nothing.

A while passed, and I turned to Skyla with a question. "Do you remember anything about your past life?"

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Skyla looks up to the ceiling at the question.

"Not really. I remember seeing something black before I died. It was running, but it could have been a dream. I'm not entirely sure what it was to be honest."

It takes a few seconds before Skyla questions Nate again.

"What about you? What is the colour dark blue to you? Perhaps it's your emotions, perhaps it's the last thing you saw before you died? Heck for all I know it could have just been the colour of your wall... I understand it may be difficult to remember, so give it some time. Try and remember how that colour is significant to you."

IggyKoopa

Years
I took some time to think, as she said, but nothing came to me. I shrugged. "Beats me; could be anything, really." I absently looked at a clock on the wall and let out a sigh. "We should find a way past that wall before it gets late." I started to contemplate ways to get past, but there was pretty much nothing that we could do. That is, nothing that we could do, but maybe someone else could...

"Do you think that if we find that Angel girl again, we could get her to take the wall down?"

Maxew555

Years
Darren walked into the room too and started playing a very catchy and an extremely well played tune on a cherry-red Electric Guitar before one of the other boys wondered near the drums, but after pulling himself away and playing the flute, it was evident to Jacques that they needed to be able to play the same tune together if they were to go on stage as a band.

"Ok, Darren, do you think you can teach us that tune you played a second ago?" Jacques quizzed before turning to the other boy that had played to flute and said "Oh, and whats your name, I know you told Skyla, but that was when I was just paying a visit to my good old pal the floor." Jacques continued, letting out a small laugh before turning back to both of them.

siiadams

Years
Darren Hayes - A rock concert...with a flute?!

Darren was shaken out of his mindset by Jacques, who asked him to teach them how to play the tune he did before. He nodded, but he wasn't sure how the flute and keyboard would sound with the song. "Ok," he stated, "Lets see what we can do." He brought them all close together and went through the different parts of the song slowly, so that no one was left out or left behind. He played parts of the melody and rhythm, allowing them to copy the patterns as well. He even showed them a couple of places in the song for either of them to improvise a little, along with himself. Some time later, they practiced the song together. It took them a few times to get the timing right, but eventually they did it. "Rock You Like a Hurricane" done with keyboard and flute...Darren felt quite proud of them all.

He evenshowed them a couple of other tunes to try, Metallica's "For Whom the Bell Tolls" (which sounds slightly eerie when done with flute) and "I Ran (So Far Away) by A Flock of Seagulls. After a couple of hours, the group finally got all 3 songs done and done right. Darren smiled when they finished and said, "Gentlemen, I think we're ready for tonight." He put down the guitar and sat down to relax for a bit, wondering where everyone else was.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
(prepare for a long history!)

"Angel is the reason we are running - te reason we are hiding. The reason we don't talk to bots is because of angel. A while ago, I appeared in this world, and before me I saw two people. A boy, and a girl stood, in a loving embrace before disappearing into the void. All I could do was cry in confusion. There was nobody left, until I found her. Every time I'v seen her she is usually with bots trying to stop my attempts at discovering her secrets, it wasn't until I found the room she cooks herself up in when I discovered what really happened - She had pictures of everyone, even me, lined up in order, and she had crossed over each and everyone on of them, except me. No on my photo, which incidentally was the one of me crying, she had circled furiously over me several times. I don't know why, but I don't think it's good. A few days later someone arrived in this world, a boy named Nate, just like you coincidentally. The boy was a cool guy, ginger hair, just an average person - but he was my friend - and we began to work together on this angel mystery. Unfortunately 3 days later, he disappeared, and it was his parting words that brought sorrow to me, and anger. He said to me, 'Angel.' Obviously at first I had no idea what he meant, I didn't know her name back then, so I was in confusion and shock. He didn't say the words with pain, it was more like a one word conversation. Then he faded away with a white light as did the two lovers on the day I arrived her. Do you understand now why we can't ask her to take down this wall?"

Years
I lowered the instrument as I was addressed by Jacques, after he asked Darren to teach us how the song he played moments earlier went. "Aisu," I introduce myself again without much emotion. Turning my attention to the other boys in the room, Darren summoned them to be within close vacinity to watch and learn. It was rather difficult for the trio to play in unision while also making it sound stage worthy. The notes that I played were generally to low to blend well with the other two, then too high when I tried to adjust. However after a time of practice, we got the hang of it.

Darren tought us a couple other songs, that were unfamiliar to me, but I prefered the last, and worked a little on it as he spoke. 'Gentlemen, I we're ready for tonight.' I nod my agreement, but didn't have much sportsmanship to show off.

Maxew555

Years
The other boy answered Jacques question with the word 'Aisu.' That was his name. Next, Darren taught the others how to play the tune that he played before, then taught them another before proclaiming that they were ready.

"Ok, well I guess that we should try and find Skyla?" Jacques suggested before holding his hand up, trying to notion for a high-five.

siiadams

Years
Darren Hayes - Search party

Darren nodded his agreement to Jacques as he asked about finding Skyla. "C'mon, lets go see where she is," he said aloud, slapping a high-five with him before leaving the music room and started looking around for her. As he headed back towards the room where they all first met, he saw Skyla and the boy that was arguing with her. They were talking to each other, but Darren couldn't hear them. He thought nothing of it as he walked towards them both, smiling and waving at them as he approached. He stopped a few inches away from them and spoke, "Hey guys, how long is the concert supposed to be? We only got three songs so far, but if we got time we could learn one or two more if we need to."

He felt something...off about being near them. He couldn't figure out what it was. He put out a hand in front of him and it made contact with some sort of invisible barrier. Where did this come from? Who did this to them? How do they get around or through it?

Back