• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon FireRed Super-Extra-Nostalgia Edition

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2012
Well for whatever reason, I patch this to a clean ROM of FR, nothing happens the sprites stay the same as normal. I tried both the normal and Deluxe patches and they don't work for me. What should I do?

I have had this same problem, I tried both, seperately and the same time, the sprites stay the same. Can anyone help me?

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Hey guys! Sorry for not responding to this topic very often. This hack was essentially made with no knowledge of how hacking worked, I made all the sprites then used some tools to insert them into the ROM and edit some info.
Originally, I had attempted to make it so the data simply overwrote the existing sprites so it would be compatible, but this ended up causing a ton of problems, because many Pokemon Red sprites are larger than their Firered counterparts.

There has been a lot of inquiry into making this hack compatible with others. Frankly, I think that would be totally awesome. If someone else knows a way to only overwrite existing sprite data and wants to do it, you have FULL PERMISSION from me to do so. Furthermore, I give permission to do whatever you want with this ROM or the sprites used in it. If you want a game where the Pokemon look like this, go for it. If you want to use just one of them, that's fine too. This was made because I thought it would be fun to do, and I think they should go to use as much as possible.

As for the trade evolutions, they evolve by leveling up.

In addition to the reasons RichterSnipes said, the backsprites for this game just aren't as iconic or amusing. Revamping most of them just gave sort of vague monstery blobs, while most of the front sprites were nostalgic, hilarious, and sometimes actually cool.

i like the vague monstery blobs as they were portrayed in RBY, IMO they complement the charm given by the front sprites. In fact the current "RBY front sprites, FRLG back sprite" looks VERY weird at least for me, they obviously dont match up well.

Oh well they are jsut sprites anyway.
If you can imitate the animation and sound effects of RBY moves like Rock Slide, that would be way better than just front sprites lol

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2013
Anybody figure out how to catch Mew yet? Sorry if this is a bit out-dated...

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
dude, you should make a special edition of this hack and put beta stuff in there, like adding in that unused trade (butterfree for beedrill named chikuchiku) and the unused town, with the unused music revamped!

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
I'm probably just blind or something but what is the difference between the "Normal" and "Deluxe" versions of this patch?

Door2Dawn

Iron fist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 23, 2021
Does this also get rid of the split special stat?

I'm probably just blind or something but what is the difference between the "Normal" and "Deluxe" versions of this patch?

Comes in two modes: Normal mode where only the sprites have changed, and DELUXE mode with wild Pokemon changed and some gym leader teams changed (they now have Pokemon all of the right type and don't have more than one Pokemon of the same species).

Last edited:

Absolumont

Obsessive Clothes Shopper
Years
I had to re-search for this topic to get an explanation of the patches. That's the sort of thing that should be in the ReadMe file, really.

What if someone's Internet was down and they just remembered downloading this hack? They would be unable to find out what the differences in the patches are.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Hey u just downloaded the game. Idk if I can post the website because im playing on GBA4ios but when will I be able to tell what version im playing? when would I see the 1st sign of it being the deluxe version? would fighting brock be the 1st sign? thank you

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2014
Is there a list of locations where all of the Pokemon are located?
Examples: Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee (how to get the 2nd one)
Omanyte/Kabuto (how to get the 2nd one)
Mew
And basically all 151 pokemon if possible-in a word doc or something like that. thanks

AJ24

Squirtle da GOAT starter
Years
I downloaded this without knowing what it was and the sprites freaked me out lol

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
It's not working for me either, I'm just getting the huge code text box. Can you reupload, or someone who has it upload it somewhere else, like megashare?

Back