• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well… if you look at it like that then he was a two handed sword user… buttt, he was a one handed sword user with the skill "dual blades" ;o so that's kinda why he wielded two swords in the anime. :/ though, i think we should ignore the fact that he held his sword with two hands sometimes.
Well there's a reason for him using two hands occasionally, and it's much the same reason people do it in real life: for more power (or for defensive reasons, depending on the case). It goes without saying that using a sword with one hand is almost always less efficient than when two hands are used with one. Because of this, it's not uncommon for those using one handed swords to grip them with two hands, especially for downward strikes or slashes that depend more on power than piercing ability, as well as when blocking. It's generally the slower option, depending on the weight of the sword, and leaves the user open to longer recoil, slower attacks, and less options in regards to dodging.

Other RPGs do this on occasion as well, such as in Final Fantasy where the skill called "Doublehand" is involved, which does the same thing. It's because of all this that I would say that Kirito was probably a one-handed sword user, and that the reason he could wield the sword with two hands was because the game allowed for the player to do so, as its physics engine created a type of balance in that two-handed option's implementation, especially since most people use shields, as stated by...Asuna, was it?

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
This RP looks like a keeper :3 -Reserve Please-

I assume the "Real Life Name" part in the SU is your IC real life name, right? If so shouldn't that not be put in the SU to make things more interesting in the RP itself?
You'll have to excuse me because I have very little RP experience.

*realizes no spots are left*

Q_Q

You are lucky c: someone just withdrew from the RP so count yourself as reserved. And it's your real life name in the IC :p not your real real name. ^^

Well there's a reason for him using two hands occasionally, and it's much the same reason people do it in real life: for more power (or for defensive reasons, depending on the case). It goes without saying that using a sword with one hand is almost always less efficient than when two hands are used with one. Because of this, it's not uncommon for those using one handed swords to grip them with two hands, especially for downward strikes or slashes that depend more on power than piercing ability, as well as when blocking. It's generally the slower option, depending on the weight of the sword, and leaves the user open to longer recoil, slower attacks, and less options in regards to dodging.

Other RPGs do this on occasion as well, such as in Final Fantasy where the skill called "Doublehand" is involved, which does the same thing. It's because of all this that I would say that Kirito was probably a one-handed sword user, and that the reason he could wield the sword with two hands was because the game allowed for the player to do so, as its physics engine created a type of balance in that two-handed option's implementation, especially since most people use shields, as stated by...Asuna, was it?

I think it was Asuna who stated it yes… I think…

There are no spots left :3 I will submit the IC thread when a few more have finished their SU's.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Finished my sign up!!!!!!! :D it took me a lot longer than usual and im so happy you dont have a roleplay sample thing otherwise id probably go cry because i am so tired

Sapphire Rose

Years
Finished my sign up!!!!!!! :D it took me a lot longer than usual and im so happy you dont have a roleplay sample thing otherwise id probably go cry because i am so tired

Uhmm... I just added Roleplay sample to the SU's... :3

Just kidding ^.^ you're accepted, I kept refreshing the page because I wanted to read futherandyourcharacterkindinterestsme and BREATHHH... yeah.

Skymin is accepted

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I'm pressured. So far, I'm the only one playing as a player killer. OHOHOH.

who shall I kill first?

just kidding. if this starts, I'll probably level grind first, then start to kill some of you guys (sorry) at level 50 upwards (if Nerve Gear does not fry my brains yet.)

Sapphire Rose

Years
I'm pressured. So far, I'm the only one playing as a player killer. OHOHOH.

who shall I kill first?

just kidding. if this starts, I'll probably level grind first, then start to kill some of you guys (sorry) at level 50 upwards (if Nerve Gear does not fry my brains yet.)

I actually hope that everyone will survive until they end :P sorry~ You could try though c:< that would make everything a little more fun~

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
OHOHOHO. Out of 10,000 original players, some 4,000 players died throughout the duration of SOA. Some were due to PK. Of course, I will try to kill you guys if you get in my way! I killed my guildmates already; what is stopping me from killing all of you? *maniac laugh*

I will try really hard to at least kill one of you before the game ends. More fun if there is a killer among you guys, right? Then, you'll think of two enemies; the AI and dotcom. OHOHOHO

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I will try really hard to at least kill one of you before the game ends. More fun if there is a killer among you guys, right? Then, you'll think of two enemies; the AI and dotcom. OHOHOHO
I can see peperton actually teaming up with you, only because you seem to have a similar attitude. except you kill people.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Oh my god, I just saw this RP. It looks so awesome!

:/ I said, and then realized there are no spots open... I guess I'll wish you good luck with this RP, then :)

YellowGardevoir

"Intend to? I already have."
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
Yellowgardevoir- Katana is alright, the extra skill can be unlocked by the GM's by occasional use of the curved sword skill, which means by regular use of your Katana. You DO need a curved blade skill to be able to use a Katana.
Thanks so much. This was really bugging me so I'm glad it has been clarified.
Also, PinkSaphire: I highly approve of the Fire Emblem reference.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Oh my god, I just saw this RP. It looks so awesome!

:/ I said, and then realized there are no spots open... I guess I'll wish you good luck with this RP, then :)

I'll contact if a spot opens up :3 it might take awhile though ^^

Thanks so much. This was really bugging me so I'm glad it has been clarified.
Also, PinkSaphire: I highly approve of the Fire Emblem reference.

Why thank you :3 take a look at Skymin's SU ^^ you'll like it :p

YellowGardevoir

"Intend to? I already have."
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
@PinkSaphire: Ah, yes. I didn't get that at first because I've never actually recruited Severa.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ Shiren
H3zu5eJ.png
100%
GPpszM9.png
GPpszM9.png
GPpszM9.png
GPpszM9.png
GPpszM9.png
GPpszM9.png
GPpszM9.png
GPpszM9.png
GPpszM9.png
GPpszM9.png
GPpszM9.png
GPpszM9.png
GPpszM9.png
GPpszM9.png
GPpszM9.png
GPpszM9.png
GPpszM9.png
GPpszM9.png
GPpszM9.png
GPpszM9.png
Signing Up

Chapter Zero: Part Zero
Sign-Up

06di2A4.jpg

In-Game Name: (Shiren) «試練-PATP001»

Appearance: Shiren is relatively small, like a young girl would be. She has bright, glowy blue eyes, with brilliant shining blue hair that seems to match. She has soft colored skin, and often wears armor that seems to resemble clothing more than anything, mostly in the form of skirts and dresses.

Personality: Shiren is often times quiet and well-reserved. She analyzes both allies and opponents, and doesn't really speak until she can say something without any doubt in her mind. She is kind, however, she is very able to take care of herself, even scoring some free items and aid from strangers by pulling off the 'scared/innocent child' act. However, once she is seen in battle, it proves to be little more than an act; this girl fights like a fully grown warrior. Fierce, determined, and so far, always victorious. However, she's yet to fight a boss, as people tend to call her a "Beater" and this causes everyone to avoid her. This causes her to work solo for the most part, however when she finds people who trust her she takes full advantage of the company given to her, both mentally and physically.

History: Sssshhh...

Skills:
  • Non-Combat
    -Sewing (Allows her to make average-looking clothes that have the same protection as most armors, with the ability to add stat boosts. Level up by creating new and unique clothing.)
    -
  • Passive
    -Sprint (Increases speed and Agility, allowing her to run directly up walls, and dodge enemy attacks more easily. Level up by running up walls and dodging attacks.)
    -
  • Combat
    -Battle Healing (Recover HP over time. Level up by hitting red zone with HP multiple times.)
    -
  • Weapon
    -One-Handed Curved Blade Skill
    -

Sword Arts:
  • Fell Crescent - (1-hit strike) A charge-type sword skill that delivers a downward blow and covers a distance of 4 meters in 0.4 seconds. Possible to hit multiple targets (if lined up properly).
  • Bowed Lunge - (3-hit strike) A charge-type sword skill that delivers two crossing slashes followed up by a lunging stab with a small bonus to armor penetration.
  • -

Level: 11

Code: リンクスタート

Last edited:
Years
Spoiler:
Erhm, sorry but I don't think there's any spots left. Your SU is pretty fancy though :3

Sapphire Rose

Years
Oh I need to just stop talking... lol

I hadn't seen him in the thread before and the list was full so I made an assumption q-q

Don't worry :3 *pats head* talking is good, it leaves some fun in the OOC~

Yeah his reservation was a little unnoticed but I guess it wasn't a suprise to a lot of people ^^

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
haha we have a lot of high levelled participants, don't we? oh, and question since I can't remember from SAO; are there level caps for each floor?

also, zerin, I may not be the GM but you have 5 skills

Back