Thread: [Tool] Swampert Tools Showcase
View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2009 (4:02 PM). Edited January 29th, 2009 by IIMarckus.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EkshtrimSama View Post
    Hi there,great tools,Ive found them very useful and very easy to use

I was wondering,is there any chance you may programs a tool for GSC that changes how Pokemon evolve> I'm trying to find one for some long time,but with no success... I think I'm not the only one who can use this for his hack...
    Creating a tool for this would be unwise unless it could repoint data, either automatically or by prompt. Otherwise the tool would likely be unusable, as evolutions do not consist of a constant number of bytes—some are three, some are four. In addition, they are intermixed with move/level learning data.

If a tool like this were made which supported repointing, it would be able to avoid the above problems and allow dynamic changing of the number of evolutions, not just what they are. This would be extremely useful, but I don’t know if any of Swampert’s tools support repointing (having never used them).

In the meantime, you can edit evolutions in hex.

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
    Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
    Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.