• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
This happens when the camera either pans out or zooms in on an opponent and a common animation plays:
Urnc9fM.png

Yup, yup, yup, I am aware. Just uploaded the fix. Along with that, some other bugs have been fixed.
* Tweaked the Scene a little (trainer entrance animation)

Last edited:

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
Oh god, this is fabulous. I wanted to suggest you those random camera movements but I though it would be too much work so I didn't dare. You're doing a great job!

Maybe you can let those random movements continue while looking in the bag (and probably in the pokémon selection if you're planning to rework it), and only reset the camera when going in the move selection. Since the background is transparent, we'll always see those movements.
In comparison (just as an example), in the official gen 5 games, the camera makes those movements everywhere, and only resets when you go back in the main menu or try to run either from a wild or trainer battle (then starts moving again. No reset when entering battle, bag, pokémon menus).
(Damn, I lost my White 2 save while testing, I saved instead of loading the save state xD)

Bug report:
In EliteBattle_UI, line 1058: pbDisplayMessage("You have no usabe items in this pocket.") -> mistake in "usable"

I still have the double sound glitch if I quit the bag menu using the arrow at the bottom right corner.
I made some research in your code, and if I delete the sound played on line 1416 in EliteBattle_UI, I don't have the double sound glitch anymore:
Code:
    if Input.trigger?(Input::C) && !@doubleback
      [COLOR="Red"]pbSEPlay("SE_Select2")[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]#This one[/COLOR]

I didn't check if this impacts another button.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Oh god, this is fabulous. I wanted to suggest you those random camera movements but I though it would be too much work so I didn't dare. You're doing a great job!

Maybe you can let those random movements continue while looking in the bag (and probably in the pokémon selection if you're planning to rework it), and only reset the camera when going in the move selection. Since the background is transparent, we'll always see those movements.
In comparison (just as an example), in the official gen 5 games, the camera makes those movements everywhere, and only resets when you go back in the main menu or try to run either from a wild or trainer battle (then starts moving again. No reset when entering battle, bag, pokémon menus).
(Damn, I lost my White 2 save while testing, I saved instead of loading the save state xD)
Sorry about your save. The sys had basic "idle camera" movement, but it was much more primitive compared to this. Once I implemented that Vector idea, the rest became pretty much automatic.
I understand your point about the animations in the bag. B/W separates the two interfaces though, which keeps them much cleaner. Me overlaying them like this, and having the scene constantly moving in the background wasn't something I was a fan of, so I decided not to let it run in the background. It was a bit distracting in an interface that is supposed to be minimal. I don't know if I want to be doing that, but I'll play around with the idea later, and if it grows on me, I might let it stay.
Bug report:
In EliteBattle_UI, line 1058: pbDisplayMessage("You have no usabe items in this pocket.") -> mistake in "usable"

I still have the double sound glitch if I quit the bag menu using the arrow at the bottom right corner.
I made some research in your code, and if I delete the sound played on line 1416 in EliteBattle_UI, I don't have the double sound glitch anymore:
Code:
    if Input.trigger?(Input::C) && !@doubleback
      [COLOR="Red"]pbSEPlay("SE_Select2")[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]#This one[/COLOR]

I didn't check if this impacts another button.
Thanks for pointing out the spelling mistake.
If you remove that line of code, you won't get an SE played when you initially select one of the 4 pockets in the bag. I changed up the SE with the save SE, and tried listening again, and I can't hear it. I seriously tried replicating the problem again, but I just get the 1 SE played. And I also can't spot what could be causing it just from looking at the code. I find it weird that at that second trigger, just the SE would be played, but the actual commands performed after it, don't go off.

Erassus

I'm back.
Years
Also if anyone have sounds changed like BW. Example, i changed the native "Choose.wav" sound with the "SE_Select1.wav", so these two sounds hear with more volume because, Choose and SE_Select1 plays at the same time.

Is possible to avoid "Choose.wav" to play in the UI navigation background? if i'm wrong, correct me please, however doesn't have a impact on the gameplay.

Anyway, Luka, your script is evolving more and more, kinda fabulous. But personally, i think the camera idle move is better without those new inclinations. The zoom intro is perfect, but too rapid i think.

I will keep helping/testing your script if i found some anormality, although is stable.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
There are only two things you had to do
1. If updating the scripts, follow the thread to see which of the sections have been changed
2. Copy and paste in the appropriate destination

Do these two correctly, and you won't have a problem. Also, from another thread I read that you're using v13. If you're getting any errors because of that, please don't come to me for help.

I've now added an extensive changelog to the first post. No excuses anymore.

Also if anyone have sounds changed like BW. Example, i changed the native "Choose.wav" sound with the "SE_Select1.wav", so these two sounds hear with more volume because, Choose and SE_Select1 plays at the same time.

Is possible to avoid "Choose.wav" to play in the UI navigation background? if i'm wrong, correct me please, however doesn't have a impact on the gameplay..
There is not a single pbPlayDecisionSE command in my UI scripts. So I don't know what's happening with you, but it shouldn't. Since it can't. Since I didn't tell it to.

Last edited:

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
For some reason, I am getting a painfully slow framerate in battle. All the scripts have been fully updated and positioned correctly, but for some reason that happens.

Edit: Apparently depending on the screen resolution, determines the speed of it. So, using it in Large will result in a slow framerate, and using it in Small and Medium yield the best performance.

Last edited:

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
Playing with the large size make the background disappears too, when the camera is moving or zooming.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
For some reason, I am getting a painfully slow framerate in battle. All the scripts have been fully updated and positioned correctly, but for some reason that happens.

Edit: Apparently depending on the screen resolution, determines the speed of it. So, using it in Large will result in a slow framerate, and using it in Small and Medium yield the best performance.

Thanks for bringing it up, I never test my game stuff on the large resolution. The main issue for the lag is the battle background. Since I have to use such a large bitmap, to give room for the various movements and distortions, it gets harder to apply them on a larger screen resolution. I have fixed up the performance by a bit, but ultimately had to remove the various tilts to the "camera angle" when playing on the large resolution. Adding angles to the battlebg dramatically decreases performance when on the large resolution. Optimal sizes are the medium and small one, yes.

The updated scripts are Scene and Animations. I'll update the changelog too.
* More tweaking done to the two sections.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
Maths script update certainly helped! I was astonished when I saw how smooth the intro was and how the battleback tilts as perspective changes.

On another note... I found that a successful capture of a wild Pokemon seems to be a little awkward.
A failed one isn't as awkward, but it does hiccup take a moment before it updates.

During a successful capture, the Pokeball does its thing like usual and, just before the message "Gotcha! [Pokemon] was caught!", the sprite reappears for just a moment before finally being removed from view.

(Used default medium resolution on a clean 15.1 Essentials for screenshot)

bpMogdB.png

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
On another note... I found that a successful capture of a wild Pokemon seems to be a little awkward.
A failed one isn't as awkward, but it does hiccup take a moment before it updates.

During a successful capture, the Pokeball does its thing like usual and, just before the message "Gotcha! [Pokemon] was caught!", the sprite reappears for just a moment before finally being removed from view.

Fix one thing, only to break another. I've patched up the Scene portion. That mishap should be gone now.

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
Well... Looks like there is still a problem with the capture, sorry :p When the wild pokemon breaks from the ball, the animation is weird. The pokemon sprite becomes visible (in white, normal size) then it goes out of the ball (with the correct animation).

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Well... Looks like there is still a problem with the capture, sorry :p When the wild pokemon breaks from the ball, the animation is weird. The pokemon sprite becomes visible (in white, normal size) then it goes out of the ball (with the correct animation).

Hopefully this does the trick.

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
It works, thanks. Tested in medium and large screen size.

About the "last used item", I don't know if you did it because you wanted it to be like this, but it's not like in official games.
When you have a last used item, and select it but doesn't use, it doesn't stay in the last used item. And when you go in one of the bag, select an item but don't use it, it goes in the last used item.
In official games, the last used item is actually the last used item in battle. So until you use AND validate another item, or you don't have the item anymore (you used the last one), the last used item won't change.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
It works, thanks. Tested in medium and large screen size.

About the "last used item", I don't know if you did it because you wanted it to be like this, but it's not like in official games.
When you have a last used item, and select it but doesn't use, it doesn't stay in the last used item. And when you go in one of the bag, select an item but don't use it, it goes in the last used item.
In official games, the last used item is actually the last used item in battle. So until you use AND validate another item, or you don't have the item anymore (you used the last one), the last used item won't change.

It was something I first did by accident, but then I liked it, so I kept it. I know it's technically not the last item used, but with the way the pockets get drawn, it is a much quicker way to get back to the item should you decide to use it after all.

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
You guys need to understand something very important about these sprites that you're using. And I don't know how it doesn't bother you, but it bothers me a lot. The whole system is designed to give off a sense of perspective. Backsprites are closer to the player, hence closer to the actual "screen", so in order to give off a sense of perspective they have to be larger than the front sprites (objects closer to your eye appear larger than objects in the distance). So shrinking the backsprites, and using them in the same ratio as the frontsprites is absolutely stupid and looks ugly as hell. You completely destroy the sense of perspective that I've been aiming to achieve. Gen 6 Pokemon models were not designed to be used as sprites in a 2D battle scene.
70ccb554618ca58b6539bb864814f46b.png
On top of all the issues of the perspective, there is a glaring issue of direction. The gen 6 Pokemon models weren't ripped and compiled with the appropriate "tilt" to be used in a gen 5 environment. The gen 5 sprites were drawn to be facing a certain direction, and hence further emphasize the ongoing sense of perspective.

Conclusion: Those gen 6 "sprites" look bad in Essentials overall. Due to their design, scaling and orientation.
17045e4cdf00e35536f3391b1d6b3820.png
mega Scizor by Falgaia
P.S. You also need a bigger screen size to accommodate those bigger gen 6 "sprites".

I know what your mean, but there is no way to put the zoom at "1.5x" or "1.7x" because "2x" seem too close for some pokemon

Spoiler:

i want to my pokemon seem more bigger they pokemon enemy, that give some realism , but i want see almost part of the my pokemon
something like this

Spoiler:

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
You have this because backsprites are probably bigger than the frontsprites.

Have you tried to download the gen 6 battlers pack from the gen 6 project? There is a version for the standard battle system and another one for the Elite Battle system. Try the second pack, it should have the good backsprite size. It will be better than looking in the code to find where the *2 zoom is applied.

-----------
Another thing, when a flying pokémon is sent out, the landing sound isn't played, but there is still the shake which shouldn't be here since the pokémon doesn't hit the floor (it stays in the air).

Last edited:
Back