• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: FireRedImproved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
FireRedImproved

Introduction
Hello and welcome to my first hack on PC, FireRedImproved (or FRI for short). My goal for this hack is to make FireRed what it should have been in the first place. I got the idea of this hack after stumbling on PokeMMO. If you haven't played this amazing work of art you really should. What it does is it takes FireRed and makes it online. Well after playing for a couple months I found a patch for it that turned its crappy Gen III graphics into HG/SS graphics. I was so in wow of this I wanted to use this for single player FireRed and sure enough it worked. Kind of. After asking the maker (Darkshade) if I could use this I decided to take it one step further and not only improve FireRed's graphics, but also its game play. Well enough of this boring introduction, lets get to the features shall we?​

Before I begin I have to thank two very important people for letting me use their hack, Darkshade (mentioned above) and RichterSnipes, who let me use his FireRed throwback hack for this project.

Features Implemented:
Day and Night system
Run Indoors
Improved Graphics (Darkshade)
New sprites and OW sprites for player and rival (RichterSnipes)
Original Red and Blue music player (much like the GB sound player in HG/SS) (RichterSnipes)
Decapitalization (RichterSnipes)

Planned Features:
Catch all original 251 Pokemon
Some new End Game
Trade Pokemon evolve a different way
A new Boss to battle at the end of the game, like the Pokemon League World Champion (Maybe Red's father)
Meet characters such as Professor Elm and a younger Ethan (Gold for you original Gold/Silver fans)
*And if I complete everything else then I might add Pokemon that I felt should have been added to the games long ago, Delta Pokemon!*

Screenshots:
View attachment 70365

View attachment 70367

View attachment 70368

View attachment 70384

View attachment 70391

Credits: Without these people I wouldn't have made this so here they are
GameFreak for FireRed version and all other Pokemon titles.
Darkshade for making this game look so pretty.
RichterSnipes for letting me use his hack and all his amazing features.
ChaosRush for making Pokemon DarkViolet, which inspired me to make this hack.
Teh Blazer for helping helping a moron (me) with a very simple issue.
My parents for raising me to be the nerd I am today.
If you feel you should have been added to the list please tell me and I will fix it.

Glitches
If you notice any problems please post it below and I will look into it.

Downloads:
Beta 0.5
http://www.mediafire.com/download/37qvepsmc2r0138/Pokemon+FireRedImproved.ips

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Kind of surprised that nobody mentioned it yet, but the tile glitches you notice on the Pallet houses are because in the tileset for that map the bottom 16(?) pixels are reserved for door animations and shouldn't be touched. You put your house tiles on top of it, so when the game has to load the door animations for opening and closing the door it overrides your house tiles causing them to look like that.

The fix is actually quite simple, all you gotta do is just move your house tiles in the tileset (when you click the puzzle shaped button in advance map, the box on the right that pops up) up 16 pixels so it doesn't interfere with the door animations and then change the tiles in-game to match the changes. :)

Years
Kind of surprised that nobody mentioned it yet, but the tile glitches you notice on the Pallet houses are because in the tileset for that map the bottom 16(?) pixels are reserved for door animations and shouldn't be touched. You put your house tiles on top of it, so when the game has to load the door animations for opening and closing the door it overrides your house tiles causing them to look like that.

The fix is actually quite simple, all you gotta do is just move your house tiles in the tileset (when you click the puzzle shaped button in advance map, the box on the right that pops up) up 16 pixels so it doesn't interfere with the door animations and then change the tiles in-game to match the changes. :)

Thanks. Kind of new to hacking so thanks for the help.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I've got a suggestion for this hack. You should update the movepools of the first 251 Pokemon to their B2/W2 standards.

The Shiny Ho-Oh

Golden Bird
Years
The entire game is broken in Vermillion city. I can't enter the Pokemon Center, Mart, Diglett Cave, the rocks look terrifying, the doors all make the Pokemart sound. Did you happen to use Darkshade's ips patch? Because Pokemmo may run using FireRed, but it's very different in the way it works.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
The entire game is broken in Vermillion city. I can't enter the Pokemon Center, Mart, Diglett Cave, the rocks look terrifying, the doors all make the Pokemart sound. Did you happen to use Darkshade's ips patch? Because Pokemmo may run using FireRed, but it's very different in the way it works.

Credits: Without these people I wouldn't have made this so here they are
GameFreak for FireRed version and all other Pokemon titles.
Darkshade for making this game look so pretty.
RichterSnipes for letting me use his hack and all his amazing features.
ChaosRush for making Pokemon DarkViolet, which inspired me to make this hack.
Teh Blazer for helping helping a moron (me) with a very simple issue.
My parents for raising me to be the nerd I am today.
If you feel you should have been added to the list please tell me and I will fix it.
Here's an answer to your question.

Years
OMG!!! This looks amazing.... Literally it's my dream come true.

Up till now I've seen a 386 patch for FR (UltraViolet) and a kind of remake (DarkViolet), both of them amazing but always missing that feature that I wanted in a Kanto game, wich was the Day & Night System.

It says Beta 0.5 in the download link, so I wanna know up how far can you get in the game or when a complete version will be available?

The Shiny Ho-Oh

Golden Bird
Years
OMG!!! This looks amazing.... Literally it's my dream come true.

Up till now I've seen a 386 patch for FR (UltraViolet) and a kind of remake (DarkViolet), both of them amazing but always missing that feature that I wanted in a Kanto game, wich was the Day & Night System.

It says Beta 0.5 in the download link, so I wanna know up how far can you get in the game or when a complete version will be available?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=204047

You can implement day and night into any rom.

Years
Ok...

But I'm no hacker, I don't own a computer, and what I need is an IPS/ UPS patch.

And that's exactly what this hack is: a FR patch with day & night system.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Seeing as this thread has been inactive for more than 4 months and the creator hasn't been around since January, I'm going to close this.

pokemon-10.gif

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back