• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Generation Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagi-the-shiny-Bagon

Legends of Meteor Falls
Years
Continued from Last Time…
Soul Silver

The Ilex forest sung with the cries of bug Pokémon and bird Pokémon flapping their wings noisily. A man stood in front of a cut-able tree. He looked devastated. "Yo, dude. Something bothering you?" I asked, concerned for this fellow who looked close to tears. "Can you PLEASE help me, Mister? Oh, my boss's two Farfetch'd don't listen to a word I say because I don't have any Gym Badges. They've run off. Could I ask you to help me catch them?" he begged. I was sure that if I asked him to get on his knees and beg, he would do it without hesitation.
I sighed. I guess I was going to help this fellow too. The lad, named Kunio, helped me chase the two Wild Duck Pokémon until we cornered each and put them back into their Pokéballs. "Wooo! Thank you, Shiro! We were cutting some wood until they saw a Weedle and chased after it. I couldn't get a hold of them after. You really saved me there," he said.
A man with huge, burly muscles came up to us. "Ah, my Far and Fetch'd! Did you help Kunio retrieve them?" he said in a loud voice. I winced, worrying about disturbing the forest. The two Farfetch'd happily ran to their master's feet, quick to leave Kunio's side. The boy meekly nodded, but I remained silent for his sake. "Kunio, my boy, how many times I have I told you to keep them on a leash? Haha, I jest, I jest. Since you helped him, boy, I'll give you this Hidden Machine. It contains the move Cut. Use it to cut trees in your way. Oh, but you'll need the badge from Azalea Town to use it. Anyways, come stop by my house some time and I'll serve you tea," he said, slapping Kunio on the back. He walked away, and after he bowed to me, Kunio and the two Farfetch'd followed.
I snorted, silently laughing. I headed through the forest, and I came up to a shrine. It had painting on it. It was so pretty… I walked up to it and prayed to it for good luck on my journey. It almost felt like someone was actually listening and that a hand was on my shoulder. It was probably all in my head, though.
The egg in my bag started suddenly shaking, and parts chipped away. I took the egg out of my bag and put it on the ground, crouching in front of it. It was hatching, FINALLY! Prof. Elm would be delighted.

Updated Team:
croconaw.gif
Croconaw – Lv 23 - ♂ - Umi
fearow.gif
Fearow – Lv 22 - ♂ - Kumomaru
weepinbell.gif
Weepinbell – Lv 21 - ♀ - Futaba
flaaffy.gif
Flaafy – Lv 20 - ♀ - Oritsu
gastly.gif
Gastly – Lv 18 - ♂ - Seishen
View attachment 72552 Togepi – Lv 1 - ♂ - Yukio

It was a Togepi! I smiled and named the newborn Yukio, meaning happy hero. He smiled at me, giving a noise that sounded like it would have belonged to a bird Pokémon rather than this little eggy. He rubbed his spiked head against my hand, giving another chirp, and I put him into a Pokéball. Togepi were rare. Where had Mr. Pokémon gotten such an egg? I stroked Yukio's Pokéball and headed further into the Ilex Forest and away from the Shrine of Eternity.

Badges:
View attachment 72550View attachment 72551

To be continued…???

Yagi-the-shiny-Bagon

Legends of Meteor Falls
Years
Continued from Last Time…
Soul Silver

With my newly hatched Togepi, I continued through the Ilex Forest. One could easily get lost in these winding woods. I reached a fork in the path and headed to the one that looped around back. As I walked through the grassy terrain, a Paras attacked me. These things were rare, and that was literally the only reason I caught this one.

View attachment 72571 Paras – Lv 5 - ♂ - Houshi
Houshi was transferred to Box one in ???'s PC.

I continued through the woods and as I turned around the corner, a loud thud seemed to echo in the silence of the forest. I looked and saw a man headbutting a tree. He was obviously a moron. He probably was giving himself brain damage. "Uh, pardon?" I said cautiously. He yelped and turned to look at me. "What are you doing, bro?" I asked. A big grin spread across his face and making his chubby cheeks bunch up. "What am I doing? I'm headbutting a tree, of course! I'm looking for rare Pokémon that can sometimes only be found in trees. Would you like me to teach one of your Pokémon the move Headbutt?" he said cheerfully. Were all men in the Ilex Forest this loud? First the woodcutter and now this dude.
"Uh… sure?" I said, sounding more and more unsure as I talked with the dude. I held out Oritsu's Pokéball. "Can you teach my Flaafy?" The man nodded. A moment later and Oritsu learned Headbutt. "There! It worked perfectly! Now you can headbutt trees too. Maybe you'll become a headbutting master pro one day!" he said exuberantly, a louder laugh bellowing from his huge body.
I left him and headed back the way I had came after it was obvious that the man had been at a dead-end. I took the other road and a Kimono Girl stopped me. Was she the one who has spoken to me in Violet City after I had gotten Yukio's Egg? "Excuse me, do you know where the exit to this forest is?" she asked. I shook my head. "Uh, I'm pretty sure its that way," I replied, pointing past her. "Buuuuut, I'm not entirely sure about that." Then Kumomaru's Pokéball shook. I let him out and he flew past the Kimono Girl, cawing for her attention. She looked at him. "Oh, are you going to help me out of here? What a smart Pokémon!" she said delightedly. Kumomaru cawed again and flew towards the exit. I followed meekly after, careful to avoid the Kimono Girl's eyes. We both exited the forest, and when I took my eyes off of her, she was gone. How… disconcerting. I had some battles out here on Rt. 34, and everyone tried to get my damn number. One girl had a Bulbasaur. Didn't Prof. Oak hand those out as Kanto starters? I had also heard that some other Professor from some far away region handed them out too, but that didn't really concern me. There was also a balding man who creeped up to me and challenged me to a battle with his also pretty dang creepy Snubull. With the battles of these creepy trainers out of the way, I continued forth. Goldenrod City was up ahead, it haaaaad to be. I didn't think I could handle any more walking.
I came upon a building with a fenced in backyard. I went towards it, a little wary after all the crap I've been going through. Such as Mr. I'm-going-to-give-myself-brain-damage-to-look-for-Pokémon and the mysterious disappearing Kimono Girl who I didn't even hold conversation with. Lyra came bustling out, talking to an old man. Her Marill charged at me, and after me yelping in surprised from the tackle from the blue thing, Lyra noticed me, too. "Oh! Shiro, hello. Wow, to think you've gotten this far. Here, I want to introduce you to my grandma. Grandma and Grandpa run a Pokémon Day-Care where they'll watch over your Pokémon for you," she said. She grabbed my hand and waved to her grandpa before dragging me into the building.
Before I was fully into the door, I could see he was laughing at me. "Grandma, I wanted to introduce you to my friend. He's also from New Bark Town. This is Shiro!" she said. Her Marill hopped up and down. The old lady smiled, and after explaining the mechanics of the Day-Care, Lyra left. I deposited Yukio into the PC before heading out the door, avoiding the Grandma's questioning stare. What? Did she think there was something going on between me and Lyra? Uhhhh, gross!

View attachment 72572 Togepi – Lv 2 - ♂ - Yukio
Yukio was deposited into Box one of ???'s PC.

The gramps stopped me outside the door and offered their PokéGear numbers. I sighed and took them. It wasn't like they'd call me forever like some of the dolts whose numbers I had. Lyra, who was still nearby, came running back over to me. "Oh! Shiro, I forgot to give you my PokéGear number, didn't I?" she said, and we exchanged numbers. Greeeeeat, I hope she didn't call me to talk about her damn Marill. "Ethan lives in Goldenrod City just up ahead, you know. Maybe you should stop by and say hello, since its been forever," she suggested before she left towards the Ilex Forest.

Updated Team:
View attachment 72573 Croconaw – Lv 23 - ♂ - Umi
fearow.gif
Fearow – Lv 23 - ♂ - Kumomaru
weepinbell.gif
Weepinbell – Lv 21 - ♀ - Futaba
flaaffy.gif
Flaafy – Lv 20 - ♀ - Oritsu
gastly.gif
Gastly – Lv 19 - ♂ - Seishen

Badges:
View attachment 72570View attachment 72569

To be continued…???

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
A few days ago, I decided to resume my Soul Silver file. Since then, I've made decent progress that included defeating Team Rocket in Goldenrod City, obtaining the Rising Badge, and training my party, with a special focus on my new Hitmontop and Extremespeed Dratini.

Roster:

Spr_4h_237.png

Bruno the Hitmontop (Adamant male, Lv. 28)

Spr_4h_147.png

Todd the Dratini (Jolly male, Lv. 25)
Spr_4h_212_f.png

Amy the Scizor (Adamant female, Lv. 42)
Spr_4h_200.png

Mindy the Misdreavus (Timid female, Lv. 45)
Spr_4h_186_f.png

Lupita the Politoed (Calm female, Lv. 42)
Spr_4h_038.png

Chloe the Ninetales (Timid female, Lv. 45)

Years
I started playing Soulsilver for the first time and I love it.
Some places like Sprout tower or Ruins of Alph look stunning, and the music is just amazing. I knew the game would be awesome so I got myself few Pokemon from my ultimately favorite team. I love this game and am playing it really slowly, I really want to absorb everything this game has to offer. :D

Anyway, I am currently in the Violet city, with one badge being Valkner.

My team currently is this:

UmbreonXY.gif
147_-_dratini.gif
Pidgey_XY.gif
Growlithe_XY.gif
gastly.gif

Umbreon, Dratini, Pidgey, Growlithe and gastly, all around level 10-16.

Looks pretty much like my signature, right? lol.
I am about to get this guy. Magikarp :D

129.gif

Perfect team for a perfect game :D

blue

gucci
Years

Adventure Log

LucasPtwalkdown.png

So after suddenly having the urge to replay Platinum, turned out that I'd misplaced my version therefore had to order a new one.

Started the game when it arrived last week and after a rather slow start, things are starting to move off nicely. Rather than planning a team ahead of the actual gameplay, I'm going to let my team form as I progress through the game. So far after doing the basics of getting my starter Pokémon, learning how to catch a Pokémon, I finally found myself getting into the game and reaching Jubilife City where I saved from that point!

Team

Twiggy // Turtwig Lv. 10
387.png

~ Tackle
~ Withdraw
~ Absorb

Bolt // Shinx Lv. 10
403.png

~ Tackle
~ Leer
~ Charge

Cosmo // Abra Lv. 8
063.png

~ Teleport
~ Return

Years
I finished my first Soulsilver run! ^^

I took on Red with a level 99 Arcanine. Fireblast OHKO-ed Pikachu and Venusaur. Snorlax was tough, but apparently Extremespeed did insanely well against gim, Charizard couldnt stand a chance against the Thunderfang, and nor did Lapras and Blastoise.
Used only 1 revive and Raikou, Gyarados and Umbreon as substitutes while I was healing Arcanine.
Just as I had beaten Venusaur which was Red's last Pokemon, Arcanine leveled up to a level 100.
It was cool to see the credits again :D

Anyway that's it, after 4 months and 73 total hours of playing, I've finished Soulsilver.

I'm planning to return, plus I will be returning since its one of my transferring points from 3rd to newest generation, but the main story is completed ^^

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
I just started Soulsilver today to finish my Normal-type run. I'm planning on using

Furret
Pidgeot
Noctowl
Granbull
Girafarig
Ursaring

will probably change though

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 8, 2015
It's 11pm 1/26/15 & i almost cried over a pokemon battle, I've been trying to get to Olivine city & i have to keep battling people i don't want to fight, before getting on the final route to the city i battled a really tough mr. Mime who pretty much wiped out all my pokemon i only had 3 left & they all had about 3 or 4 health left so I'm trying to get to the city when a big sailor man decides he wants to fight me, it's such fucking bullshit i hate how you can't say no to trainer battles b/c if you're pokemon are weak from previous fights they get fucking wrecked, i had to watch my paras, my ditto & my oddish get utterly destroyed by this assholes poliwhorl like what the fuck kind of horrible grown man would fight some little girl with weak pokemon? All i could do was feel my heart break as my pokemon got beat up & felt ny chest tighten an tears well up as i had to rush them to a pokecenter i didn't even want to fight him! & then to add insult to injury i have to pay him about 500P for the fight like wtf i didn't want to do it in the 1st place

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Al's SS Run: Team Remake Project.

Elm has his project, I have mine.
I bought SoulSilver from Amazon last week and finally got it yesterday. Was going to post stuff here last night but forgot to. My team will consist of my original Silver team, since it was on emu I couldn't evolve Haunter, and Toegpi has a new evolution. Not to mention the tablet the emu was on broke, so they were lost. But now, I can remake my team. This really means a lot to me...

I started the game and chose Ethan. I wanted this to be like my original game, so I couldn't choose Lyra, however much I wanted to.
My name is Al.
I went outside and a Marril attacked my face, but ran off to Lyra, who appearantly hadn't noticed me. Mom said to go see Elm, so I naturally followed directions, inside knowing what this was for.
Once I got there Elm told me about his project, about keeping Pokes out of PokeBalls while we traveled. I thought of Lyra's Marril. He allowed me to pick a starter Mon from a machine while he andwered an important email. Of course, emails are inportant, unless it's a spam ad.
Cubdaquil was sleeping, while a Chikorita hopped about in circles. Totodile looked over at me and familiarity sparked in his eyes and he numped up to see me fully. I streched out my arms for the blue croc to jump in, and he immediately ignored me, climbed out of the machine himself, and sat next to my feet. Typical of him.
Elm asked me to pick up something for him at his friend's house. OOOOKAAAAY.
I agreed and renamed Totodile 'Furo'.
Once we were out of earshot, I asked Furo if he remembered how we had saved Johto and Kanto last year, and the pact the team had made to rejoin in a new version. He immediatly nodded diligently, and quietly followed. It felt good to have an old teammate by me again, but he seemed frustrated by his new lack kf power.
In Cherrygrove, an old man ran ahead of me way to fast, trying to help me out in this 3D world. Ut I finally got Running Shoes. Ha. Take that Ruby.
He then ran away, only to come puffing back to give me a Map Card. This seems faintly familiar.....
After some healing up and playing at the beach we went along to find this dude's house. Fter arriving finally, I was given what I can only refer to as an interveiw of sorta with a famous Prof from the neighboring Region. He gave me a PokeDex after seeing Furo.
Mr. Pokemon(Elm's friend) came back in and handed me a box with a warm blanket and an egg. I felt a pang knowing what was going to happen to it.
We rested up before we needed to leave. I wrote some events down in my journal, including the egg, project, and Furo. When suddenyl I got a call from Elm. He sounded as though he were sobbing loudly while trying to stay calm.
I ran as fast as I could back, not remembering what I needed to do now. Furo tried to keep up, but his short legs rendered his slower than me once again.
Me and another boy colided at Cherrygrove. A familiar voice grunted 'Watch it wimp!'
It was Felix! I almost forgot him, I haven't seen him since Victory Road before I became Champ.... Wasnmt he watching those battles?
I tried to joke around with him, but to my dismay he didn't seem to remember me. He glared daggers javelins at me and repeatedly called me names. First Lyra not coming on the adventure the first time and having no memory of anything I had said, and now Felix was acting the same way!
Dismayed, me and Furo battled him. He still had Chikorita, which I suppose should have meant something....
After he ran off blushing angirly, I asked Furo once again if he remembered. He knew who Felix was and had remembered him upon first seeing him. Wait. Hadn't he pulled this off before? A year ago? Oh well.
He suddenly ran back and glared at me, hissing to hand his Trainer Card back kver. Sheepishly grinnibg, I handed it back. It was for the jokes earlier but he still didn't think it was funny.
Back in New Bark, Elm was flustering about, trying to keep calm with a police officer.
Psh, that officer thought I was Felix.
I think I accidentally said something about my rival to Elm, and the officer overheard and said something like 'So his name's Felix....' Before writing something down.
Run Felix Run.
Afterward, I hurt very badly giving to egg back to Elm, but I knew somehow it would rejoin us. It had the first time.
We went along the next Route, searching for our first teammate from Rout 30.
I was determined to get everyone from where they were originally caught, with only one eggception.
I asked Furo if he could see Nono. He glanced around, but didn't seem to find anything. I realized it might be too bright out for him to be awake yet, and we decided to train for a bit and rest. Once nightfall came, we went back and found a Hoothoot looked around. When he saw us, he hopped over stared at me intently. It took me a moment to realized he was waiting for me to use a PokeBall on him.
After Nono rejoined our team, we trained around a bit more. I saw Dark Cave and remembered how badly ignored Catia had felt when she first joined....
We snuck into the cave and found Catia waiting on a rock. The female Zubat's ears perked up and her lonely expression changed to an impish one. She flew quickly at Nono and Furo before allowing me to catch her.
After arriving in Violet, making SURE Catia was happier and trained before BlackThorne I should add, we went to the Gym. Unfortunatly it seems Faulker got stronger and we had to go traib at Sprout Tower before being allowed in.
I remembered who would be waiting for us there and couldn't keep from smiling. On the first floor, a male Gastly wandered around, smiling. His innocent look easily distinguised him from the otgers in the Tower.
Gego saw me and jumped up to me, 'hugging' me. When Gego hugs someone, he basically encloses them around their head, suffocating them momentarily. I let him do it this time though, he should be happy, especially now that he can get what he always wanted.....
We got TM Flash from the Sage after Felix had some spoiler alerts about not losing and stuff and trained for the Gym. Except Furo, he was like, 5 levels higher than the rest.
We slept at the Pokemon Center and awoke the next day for the Gym. Nono fainted when we battled Faulkner(who was just as strong as he used to be liar Clyde) and Catia and Gego almost fainted against Pidgeotto. Furo managed to beat it with no more Potions and 5 Hp left though.
After that, Elm called while I was getting everyone healed. He gave me the next that the Egg was being handed to me. I left my PokeGear on the florr and ran off to get it. Nono got upset at me for that. Serious Hoothoot is serious.
The Egg hatached in Violet rather than Goldenrod this time, and I wondered why I didn't just hatch it back in New Bark. But either way, the quiet, gentle, sweet Toto joined our team again. He seemed very happy to see his other teammates. Five down. One to go. Of course it was him.........
Elm gave me an Everstone for hatching Toto. Useless to me but whatever. They're rare. He also let me keep Toto.
We started to train Toto when Lyra came along, attempting to catch a Rattata(I know that happened earlier just shush plz) and she caught her easily. Furo noticed too and hid from her Marril, which seemed to have developed a crush on him. Of course this just made Marril easily notice him staring from beund my legs.
We hoined together for a while and she asked why I carried my book around. I responded that I wanted to 'get every possible detail down about our journey, because these times are precious and deserve to be remembered forever'. She just blinked and responded with 'Deep.'
We're just going to train the rest of the day for now.

Current Team:
Furo Totodile
Male Lvl 15

Nono Hoohoot
Male Lvl 10

Catia Zubat
Female Lvl 11

Gego Gastly
Male Lvl 11

Toto Togepi
Male Lvl 6

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Al's SS Run:

After some training, I thought it would be a great idea to head through Union Cave. I was having serious de ja vu about this place.....
I may have accudentally reset three times while trying to get through the cave
When we finally made it through, I realized everyone looked tired. The other Pokemon Center was too far to trek back to now. But we didn't know exactly how far the next town was.
While I made sure Catia didn't faint from exhaustion, I heard a noise. It sounded like people arguing.
It turned out to be an old man trying to talk to someone in a black outfit, although the black outfit guy was looking down on him.
Catia suddenly perked up off my shoulder, where she had been resting, and schreeched loudly, making the younger guy jump. He pushed the older man down and ran off before I could see his face. The old man strugggled up to his feet and ran the other way, too.
Catia just fell asleep on my shoulder after that.
I took everyone a little further on, where we found the Azalea Town PokeCenter. The town smelled of burning wood and smoke, which I for one thought smelled good, but Toto and Gego didn't seem to like.
A random person gave me a clue that I should visit Kurt. Kurt is a well known man in Johto, taking trainers' apricorns and turning them into specialty PokeBalls. I remembered something interesting about him, bug couldn't quite put my finger on it....
So I walked around witb Catia until we found his house,a free WHT Apricorn hanging from his tree.
Inside, I met the old man from earlier. He explained that he was sick of Team Rocket's cruel jokes and crimes, and that he would protect Slowpoke Well. After that.... He ran off.
I went to find him and ended up in Slowpoke Well somehow, helping him by fighting off Team Rocket grunts sibce he broke his back. Maybe loaning me his Pokemon would have been a great idea.....
But it seems like that was unneeded, as most of the grunts' Pokemon were under our level or at our level, easily beat.
Catia also had a hayday with all the Slowpokes around, knowing only Leech Life, Anstonish and Supersonic.
We met an Exectutive for Rocket.... He said his name is Proton I believe. Well, for the 'scariest person in Team Rocket', he sure was lame. I thought he was gunna take my Pokemon and make them Rocket slaves or kill them, but they managed to beat all his low leveled Rattatas and Pidgeys easliy.
Kurt thanked me and said he would be honored to make PokeBalls for someone willing to drive out Team Rocket like that. He told me an interesting story about a boy named Red, who had down the same thing 3 years prior. He said that I could be the next Red.
But I don't want to be Red.
I want to be Al.
Sk after exchanging numbers and giving him a YLW Apricorn, we headed for the Gym. I expertisly jumped on each of the moving spider....things...... And we made our way to Bugsy. Are you SURE Bugsy isb't a girl?
I sent out Catia, believing he was going to lead with Kakuna or Metapod. Instead, he sent out Scyther, surprising me. Catia tried to use Supersonic three times, but each time falled and she was knocked out after Focus Energy and Leer took their course. Furo and Nono were taken out too. However, Toto and Gego managed to defeat all his Pokemon, earning us the Hive Badge.
After we healed up, Felix called me over. He asked if it was true that Team Rocket had shown up,and I instantly told him we got rid of them. After a stunned 2 seconds, he scoffed, reminding me of his buased opinions of me and my team being weak. At some point, a Pokemon Battle broke out.
How dare he saw such thing avout Catia when he has a Zubat of his own.
(I thiught he would lead with Gastly, but after that incident with Bugsy I couldn't be too sure. He lead with Gastly.)
He ran off yelling at me before I could catch anything he said, so I shrugged and we went to Ilex Forest.
Trying tk find Farfetch'd was tough, but me and Furo eventually got it done.
About half way through the forest, we met a Paras that I caught so Furo wouldn't have to learn Cut again. She is only staying tenporalily, but can be a big pain.
We also met a kimono dressed girl, humming tk herself. I had a sudden flashback of seeing someone like her in Violet when I was rushing to get Toto's Egg.
When I tried to say I remembered her she said we had enever met before, insteD asking if I could show her the way out. Being a freaking gentleman I told her I could. She suddenly scoffed and asked how I could show her the way if I myself were lost. Taken aback, it took me a moment to try to explain that I knew these woods very well, but suddenly Nono hopped out and pointed to the entrance. She sent me another scoffing look before exiting.
'Freaking traitot' I muttered and glared at Nono, who seemed quite pleased with hinself.
After we finally exited ourselves, Lyra appeared from whaf seemed like out of no where. She ran over from an old man and introduced him as her grandfather. The man just stared at me in an almost snobby way, kinda like a glare. But far from Felix's glare.
She then took me inside the little cottage, explaining her grandparents owned it as a Day Care for Pokemon. I was considering leaving Paras with them but you never onow when you need sass Cut. Her grandmother was much nicer but called me her boyfriend. Lyra flipped while I just stood there. Afterwards, we exchanged PokeGear numbers and her grandparents' numbers. She also pointed out to her snickering grandmother that we were just trainers exchanging numbers, a normal thing to do.
Then she just runs off and leaves me with death glare and match maker, so I high tailed it.
We found Goldenrod City, and decided to train before the next Gym. But only after some Voltorb Flip. Extremely addictive game.
Someone outside of what appeared to be a Gym mentioned something about a Radio Card for PokeGear. So of course I ran off to the radio tower and slam dunked every answer first try.
An extremely annoying pink haired girl gawked at my instant correct answers and said she was stumped by number 3. I guess you'd have to meet Kurt, short stack.
We also got a bike and started wheelie-ing around town, and almost got arrested...... Stupid cop scared me I didn't know he would shine a flashlight at me and I certainly didn't know there was a river behind me.
We finally entered the Gym and took on a couple of Gym trainers. And Furo evolved!! The first evolution of the team, and he looks so sweet too! I can guess everyone else with start to follow suit soon.
After noticing the odd formation of the Gym stairs and walls, I asked Lyra via PokeGear if she knew anything about it. She found a pocture of Flying-Type's eye view of the Gym, in the shape of a Clefairy.
After hanging up I realized evetone was exhausted again and decided to call it a day.
Furo and Nono sat talking while Toto and Gego slept, and me and Catia played some more Voltorb Flip.

Current Team:
Furo M
Croconaw Lvl 18

Nono M
Hoothoot Lvl 17

Catia F
Zubat Lvl 17

Gego M
Gastly Lvl 17

Toto M
Togepi Lvl 17

Paras F
Paras Lvl 6 For Cut

Sidebotes: BRING TOTODILE IN RAIN. Nono seemed mad at me training for the Gym. He refused to let me see what he was holding. At first I thought he was mad about Ilex Forest, but he seems just fine now, calm and serious. ((I heard you need a fasion case like in Sinnoh and near maxed out happiness for then to hand over items?))

I'll update again after the next badge. Sorry for any typos Imm really tired, it's like midnight here, and I really don't want to look for typos. :T

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I do dare to say this but..

I feel like an old man who's just gotten his hands on a next-gen console. After finally convincing myself to download No$GBA, the very first thing I thought to myself was to play the 4th Gen and travel to the Sinnoh Region, in Pokemon Platinum.

Also, please excuse my Bronze V level of literacy and writing. I haven't wrote a "journal style" entry for a while. Also, I figured that I give a little personality to the MC as well. This will be my "style" of writing down my (Hopefully BLIND) playthrough of Pokemon Platinum.

11:46 AM - Jotaro's Travel Journal, Day 1. (I'm writing this in the style of a Cynical and disinterested but still dedicated, fair, and loyal personality)

My name is Jotaro.. but I rather be called Jojo for convenience sakes since nobody doesn't even want to pronounce my whole damn name anyway. Its been years since I've written something in my blank notebooks, and I felt like writing sh1t down since I'm bored as hell. Anyway, I used to study in Boston High until I was forcibly kicked out of the school for putting some bully named Jeffrey in a coma and this prick's parents even had the audacity to sue our family for what I've done. Its not my fault that the bully got his ass whooped so hard. He was Nolan's tormentor for the longest of time, and Nolan is a kind of person you'd call a crybaby. Long story short, I beat up this bully, who's a source of the development of violent murderous kids you see in those documentaries in TV, so bad that he couldn't stand up for weeks and was taken to intensive care. I act as a hero and I'm treated as the villain or the criminal. If only the justice system knew how much of a softie Nolan is... anyway...

I do not know what i was drinking at, and i suddenly felt like watching this show called "Ask Dr. Rowan" - A show about this professor, who'll I call Old Man while he yapps and chats about Pokemon. An old bearded man was speaking through my excuse of a television about pokemon. For some reason, i felt like walking out of the safety of my house in Twinleaf then this annoying so-called friend of mine Nolan came barging in my room as if he owns the damn house. To be honest, Nolan can be annoying. He's always so obnoxious and loud that its embarrassing to be around him. So he talks about this banter about Pokemon, as I waited for him to finally shut up.

"Pokemon"? I asked myself. Oh right, it was those silly looking creatures i saw from the Old Man's show. Then Nolan continues yapping about Pokemon this and Pokemon that, until he tells me that he'll fine me 10 Million dollars if ever we were late. Oh god, now I remember.. Nolan was talking about this a day ago, and for some reason, I didn't have the heart to tell him to take his dreams with pokemon and shove it down his throat. Then again, Nolan was a crybaby who'd probably tell his mom right away if I acted like a jerk to him. I remember Nolan's mom.. she can be a serious pain in the ass, but my own mother calms her down.

After Nolan left our house, I went down to continue this little game. I was thinking.. I'm pretty bored with my life here in Twinwood. Maybe i needed some fresh air. Maybe i needed a bit of action for once. I mean, I got kicked out of school for beating up these bullies from school who got way too far with abusing the likes of Nolan. Maybe i should blame Nolan for myself getting kicked out of school and being forced to be home schooled. The guy just can't defend himself. Anyway, the hell i keep talking about my past. I needed to get out of the house but of course, Mom wouldn't let me out till I did this little ritual with her where I promise to her that I won't go out beating up people. Its annoying, like many mothers are these days, but at least she cares. At least she didn't leave me unlike her lover, i mean my good for nothing father did after my incidents at school.

As I continued to Nolan's home, of course he had to just bump me on the face as I was about to knock on the door. Typical Nolan. He repeats his usual banter about going to the Old Man's lab, ladda ladda, and then he suddenly forgot his things. Again, typical Nolan. Even his mom is aware about this sh*t. I decided to try being nice to him, for once and for a million of times, and help him out with whatever he forgot, but thankfully, he got what he needed.

As we finally ventured out of Twinleaf and off to the woods, suddenly Nolan forgot that we didn't have Pokemon with us. I was wondering, so? Those things are probably just creatures who we could probably outsmart, or even overpower with bare fists, though I wasn't in the mood to do that. Its been months since I've been home schooled and I probably forgot how to throw a basic punch now. He was talking about how he and I would be able to make it past through the bushes by getting ourselves be chased by some wild animals. I wanted to tell him that he was being completely insane and I'd rather go back home and watch TV, but i couldn't do that. Nolan's too much of a crybaby that any moment you'd try to tell him he's frigging wrong he'll start b1tching out. Fortunately, we heard a familiar man's voice.

It was the Old Man. For some reason, he looked much taller and more intimidating in person than in camera. He was wondering why Nolan and I were standing so close to those bushes, and even couldn't tell a lie to the Old Man. I wanted to tell him the whole fiasco, but Nolan, being Nolan spoke up about his plan to get through the bushes, you know dealing with wild animals that could probably kill us. The Old Man wasn't pleased with what he heard, and asked us if we "Love pokemon". I wasn't in the mood to talk so I let Nolan do the talking for me. He tells the Old Man that we love pokemon but the Old man isn't convinced with us since he was pointing out that we were risking our lives by recklessly going to the tall grass or bushes. I couldn't care less, but Nolan was obviously regretful with his idea. We apologize to the Old Man and he suddenly started acting nice to us, talking about pokemon (as usual) and that Pokemon can become our greatest friends and companions. Really now?

I wasn't still convinced until he mentioned that he was to give us those creatures as our partners, though the Old Man was just as careless as anyone would be. He forgot to bring his prized suitcase. That's when SHE came..

Some chick, wearing a really short skirt and a jacket, was running with a shiny suitcase. I guess that was the Old Man's suitcase. Inside were three pokemon that he was about to give us. The chick was wondering if the Old Man would not regret giving those creatures away, since she did mention that those pokemon are hard to replace. The Old Man wasn't considering any of that. He simply mentioned that these creatures can become our greatest companions and proceeded to lie the opened suitcase down. I could tell that the girl wasn't pleased with the idea, but being a lab assistant to the Old Man meant that she had no other choice. She'd probably get fired if she otherwise didn't follow orders.

As the suitcase opened, there were three of these pokemon to choose from:
File:Turtwig_,_Chimchar_y_Piplup.jpg

Again, I'm true to my word. They look as silly as I thought they are. But Nolan was already excited, though for some reason, he told me that I should pick first. Probably since he was still regretful for his silly idea in the first place.

I didn't know what to pick. I saw the green one and i thought it looked dumb. Then there was this blue bird like thing that was annoying me with its chirps. I decided to pick the monkey creature since it was the least annoying of the three. I guess i was going bananas (pun intended). Nolan, for some reason picked up the annoying blue bird with him, How fitting those two would end up being together. You got the annoying friend and he got the annoying little blue thing too. Its a match made in heaven for them. After we have chosen our creatures. The Old Man said his goodbyes to us, telling us that he'll be seeing us in Sandgem town, just after Route 201. His lab assistant followed after, politely telling us to make way for her. I wasn't sure why I was looking at her. Maybe it was those hips, because really, what mother or father, or whoever was raising her allow her to wear something like that these days.

After they left, Nolan looked at me and asking me if I was "ready". Ready for what? I didn't have any clue until he was holding that ball and pointed at me. I was thinking, oh really Nolan. Was he asking me to fight him? He brought out his blue di- i mean bird. If he was asking for a battle with these things, I guess I had something fun for me to do, since that thing's chirping was getting on my nerves.

Rival Battle 1: Route 201
CHIMCHAR VS PIPLUP:
Spoiler:

It was time for me and my monkey to shut the bird up, since I had enough of its chirping. Seriously, if you could hear him right now, you'll regret ever letting me listen to that. I wasn't sure that Nolan and I were up to, but the pokemon were facing each other, ready to claw each other's faces off. But they weren't moving. They were staring at each other. What the hell? Nolan suddenly reminded me that Pokemon who battle each other under a trainer's care will not move until a proper instruction was called. I guess its the measure to make sure that things do not end up violently? Whatever. I told my monkey to scratch its face off but this bird fought back by pounding the monkey's head. Nolan was being obnoxious and all and wouldn't stop cheering or yelling when any hit landed. Despite the damage my monkey took, he was ready and still proceeded at what i told him to do, just use scratch and scratch again! When the bird took too much damage, it proceeded to do what it did best, chirping again and again! I never heard such high pitched chirps that could have given me permanent hearing problems, even my monkey wasn't doing so well. Even he was annoyed. But he saw how I needed that bird to shut up, and he landed a crucial scratch that knocked out that thing. Nolan and I were surprised. We fought our first pokemon battle, and I couldn't believe it that I won on my first try, though I feared for Nolan since i knew he's a crybaby and a spoilsport too. Fortunately, (or unfortunately), instead of him crying and whining, he was still cheering as loudly as ever, telling that thing Piplup that he did a good job. I looked at my monkey, Chimchar as it called himself, and I told him that he also did a good job, and thanked him for two things: 1) Shutting that bird up and 2) Winning the battle for me. Of course i kept my cool. I didn't want anyone, not even some creature to see that I was actually being gleefully thankful. I've learned too much about how hiding one's emotions from anyone would help me more than most people would say otherwise.

It was getting dark, and Nolan decided to hit the hay. He definitely needed to treat that Piplup's wounds after the beating my Chimchar gave to it. He went home and I followed suit, as I was hungry from what happened and I needed Mom to cook something for me. I didn't want to show her that I got a pokemon, as she might get nervous and become even more protective than she should, but she always had a sharp eye of things. That's my mother for you. She can tell if anyone was lying to her by simply looking at the twitches in one's eyes. She noticed that Chimchar had gotten a few bruisers and bumps from the battle with Piplup and offered herself to treat those injuries while I snacked on her home-made Burritos, and sat on my lazy-boy and watched whatever was on. I fell asleep after spending a few hours channel surfing.. I guess Nolan was right. Maybe this pokemon adventure wouldn't be so bad after all.

Team:
(To be named Wukong), Male Docile Chimchar. Lvl6 after defeating Piplup.

By the way, I'm not hating on Piplup or Barry. Again, I'd figured that I try giving Nolan (Barry) a little bit of my own personal flavor as well.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
IT DELETED MY SUPER LONG POST.

It's ok now I rewrote it.....
Al's SS Run:
Finally rewrote it.
Once morning came around, we went back to the Gym.
The annoying pink haired girl from the Radio Tower was the Gym Leader. Huh. Why could I remember everyone else then.....?
Well, embarassingly, she beat us on the first try. But during that first try I got what I needed. Her Pokemons' abilities, held items, and moves.
I decided that we needed to stop goofing off at the Game Corner and go train up, so for a good portion of the day we were in the Goldenrod Tunnel Underground for training. At the end, we all relaxed by taking a dress up picture of the team, and Toto got groomed.
When we went back to Whitney's(pink hair) Gym and challenged her again, I didn't expect such a drawn out match. But in the very end, it all came down to Gego and Miltank, with Gego at full HP, under Attract, and getting exhausted. Miltank was worse off, paralyzed from Paras's Effect Spore when she had switched out to Revive Gego(our only Revive), Confused probably from Sweet Kiss, and at about 78% HP.
Gego managed to use Curse and heal up while it was confused, but after that it went something like Milk Drink, Spite, Stomp, Super Potion, Stomp, Spite, Stomp, Super Potion, Rollout, Spite and Rollout.
Gego was about to lose, if only he could stay up and survive one more hit from a third Rollout..... I took the risk as he was my last Pokemon and used our last Super Potion, fully healing him. The opponent used Rollout of course, and hit Gego hard. But he stood with 1 HP left while the Miltank fell to Curse.
That will probably be the most memorable battle I ever have.
After she started crying, me and Gego awkwardly tried to leave, but a girl in the Gym said she does this and to just wait til she calms down.
Eventually, we got the Badge.
We celebrated by playing Voltorb Flip.
A guard asked if he could have a trainer's help delivering a letter to his friend in Route 31. Team Rocket. I was the only one who accepted, and it took forever to get back to Violet. But along the way we caught a NidoranF, a NidoranM and a Sudowoodo. Heh heh I have a soft spot for Nidorans.
After a long trek back, the man gave me an HP Up, while his friend had given me Rest, ya know, the TM.
We started off to Ecruteak but got a little distracted by the Pokeathelon. Of course Whitney came in as well, this time disreguarding my clothes and brought me a jersey. I look stupid in blue.......
Eventually we won the Speed Round with Catia, Gego, and NidoranM.
We walked all the way to Ecruteak, and it was getting dark. Ecruteak in 3 days, not bad.
I headed up to the PC with Catia and bumped into another familiar-only-to-us face; Bill. He mentioned something about the PC System and such and said his friends in other Regions were helping make it easier to use. I can agree, it's much easier. He mentions a friend in Hoenn, I should go there, Lavaridge Hot Springs sounds nice.... Although I heard Kanto's Two Island's Ember Springs was great, too.....
It takes me a moment to notice he's still talking, and I realized he just asked if I could take a Pokemon for him. I almost refuse, since I still have to fill up the team, when I remember.......
I sighed, but accepted the offer.
We trekked all the way back to Goldenrod.......
He handed me an Eevee when we got back to his house. Rather than attempting to hug it like so long ago, I tapped his nose with a PokeBall. Already he had given me something between a smirk and a sadistic grin.
Uoho is back on the team, and now it's full.
L-Level 5?! I have to train him from 5 instead of 20?!?!
I sigh again.
Uoho was switch trained all the way to Ecruteak(again).
When we got back, it still wasn't completely dark, so I called Lyra and asked if there was anything to do here. She mentioned a Theater, and I asked if she was here and could go, but she was in Olivevine helping Jasmine with something.
Well, good thing she didn't come, because when we got there there was a Rocket grunt hassling a Kimono Lady, looking a lot like the others I had seen. No one else from the audiance had to gall to do something, so me, Uoho, and Toto jumped up on stage and countered him.
He sounded slurred and his breath reeked, he was probably drunk. But when he said 'What're yer going to do about it?' to me, Uoho bit his leg and Toto used Extrasensory on his Koffing. Both 'trainer' and Pokemon fled instantly.
The Kimono Lady thanked us and said something about kindness and peace, but when I asked what that last part was she just smiled and waved her hand, saying it was only her tallking to herself.
A man from the scaredy skitty group gave me HM 03 for being braver than anyone else there.
When we went to check out Burned Tower, we met a guy called Eusine. He pointed out the LEGENDARY POKEMON IN THE TOWER. Why were they just standing in here with each other like that.....?
He introduced me to his friend Morty, the Gym Leader here. Why had I not remembered him either.....?
Well, after that encounter, I saw Felix. I waved to him, but he just glared. Then, he walked closer and sighed 'Oh, it's just you.' I guess he wasn't glaring, he was squinting.....
After a 'boy you need glasses?' from me, we got into another fight that I won. He still didn't stop insulting me, nor did I think he would. I missed the Felix who battled me at Victory Road and cheered me on in the League...... But I guess even he was like this before.
Felix said I could never catch a legendary. Now, I wanted to show him my AlphaSapphire collection catch one just to spite him.
I went down the ladder upon his dare and snuck over to the beasts. I held the PokeDex from my bag out for a moment to get info. Hey, happy Prof= no calls. They saw me when I put the Dex back, and ran away. Eusine had told me their names before, and I had met them long ago.....
Raikou immediatly hopped out the side while Entei left through a different hole. Suicune, however, ran in a circle before landing nose-to-nose in front of me. It stared at me longer before hopping through the ladder, knocking Felix over and passing Eusine from the sounds it was making.....
Afterwards, I decided we would need to relax with more training, and during switch training for Uoho, Toto evolved! Level 20. Nono evolved at some point before Ekruteak as well.
We fought against Morty's Gym, and won on our first try. It probably really helped that Toto had Extrasensory, Gego had Confuse Ray, Lick, and Curse, and Furo and Catia had Bite.
We stayed in Ekruteak for the night.
I got a call from Lyra in the morning that the sick Pokemon she and Jasmine had been taking care of was getting worse and that Jasmine was very concerned. I decided to head out now to see what we could do.

Current Team:

Furo M
Croconaw Lvl 22

Nono M
Noctowl Lvl 20
Evolved sometime after Whitney.

Catia F
Zubat Lvl 20

Gego M
Gastly Lvl 21

Toto M
Togetic Lvl 22
Evolved switch training Uoho in Burned Tower.

Uoho M
Eevee Lvl 16
The world's buggest brat.

In Box: Paras, NidoranF, NidoranM

Highlight: Gego was left with 1 HP as the sole survivor of Whitney's Gym Round 2. Furo learned Ice Fang and managed to freeze Felix's Bayleef on the first time we used it.

Badges: Zephyr, Hive, Plain, and Fog

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I'm still going for the next badge, so here's a quick summary of my team!!
Furo!
Spoiler:

Nono!
Spoiler:

Catia!
Spoiler:

Gego!
Spoiler:

Toto!
Spoiler:

Uoho!
Spoiler:

Al!
Spoiler:

Felix!
Spoiler:

Lyra!
Spoiler:

Mirari-from-Sunnyshore

The Fire Keeper's Soul
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2015
Mine is more of an original story that follows the plot of the games with a little bit of variation. Please be gentle!

Hello and welcome to my story. My journey, actually. Maybe I should introduce myself first, so you don't get wildly confused.
My name is Mirari. I was born and raised in Sunnyshore City in the Sinnoh region. I have collarbone length black hair and muddy brown eyes. My skin is pale despite the harsh sun that beats down on the shores of my hometown. I'm old enough to be considered an adult, but I am young enough that people will still call me a child. Anyways, I bet that part already bored you out of your mind. I guess I'll introduce you to the story, next. Hopefully that isn't as boring! Haha!
I decided I wanted to travel all of the regions in the world. There are a lot of regions, you know! Even though I am from the Sinnoh region, I decided I wanted to start in the Johto region first. My friend Lyra told me they had an extra room that I could stay in if I wanted to. So after gaining permission from my parents, I boarded the plane headed to Olivine City in Johto region. And that is where the real story begins.
My Charmander, Nolan and my Leafeon, Himemiko looked up at me as the salty air of the port city of Olivine hit their noses. I smiled. We were going to catch a ride on Lyra's Tropius – a gift from her friend in Hoenn. Nolan chirruped when the Tropius landed right on the outskirts of the city. I pat his little head and then returned him and Himemiko to their Pokeballs. It was time to head to New Bark Town, where Professor Elm's lab was. I was going to get a Johto starter there, and then I would register as a trainer in the Johto-Kanto championship. You had to register in their database to be able to challenge gym leaders, and that was my goal.
New Bark Town was small. It was a lot smaller than Sunnyshore; that was for sure. Lyra helped me carry my bags into the spare room in their house. I wouldn't be there often, and I made sure Lyra and her mother knew this.
It took a few days to adjust to Johto's air. It was nothing like Sinnoh, and there weren't many mountains that could ever be compared to Mt Coronet's peaks. After finally registering in the Johto-Kanto database, I headed to Professor Elm's lab to get my Johto starter. Nolan stayed out of his Pokeball, loving to sniff out the new scents. Professor Elm was a tall and skinny man. He looked frail, and he looked like any small thing could upset and unsettle him. He smiled at me as I looked at the starters. There was Cyndaquil, the fire type Pokemon. Because I had Nolan my Charmander, I didn't want another fire type. Then there was Chikorita. For the same reason as my not choosing Cyndaquil because I had Nolan, I didn't choose him because I had my Leafeon, Himemiko. Finally my mud brown eyes settled on Totodile. He looked up at me and showed his teeth. He looked like he had character. I picked up his ball and released him. This would be my Johto starter.
"So you choose Totodile, the water type?" Professor Elm asked. I nodded. "He's a little feisty, and be careful that he doesn't bite you." I laughed. I named him Kallifer. A phone rang through the lab, and Professor Elm jumped back, turning quickly to face him computer. An email. He read it silently to himself before turning to me with an expecting, wide grin. "Mirari, I know I just met you, and you are new to the Johto region, but you are a good friend of Lyra's, and I believe I can trust you." I nodded slowly. I knew this way of speech. He had a favor to ask of me. "I have a friend who everyone calls Mr. Pokemon. He just emailed me and said that he had a big discovery. Its probably just another egg – he's fascinated with them – but he said this time its for real. Would you head to Mr. Pokemon's house just north of Cherrygrove City and pick the egg up for me? You could bring it back to me. It's a good chance to see how well you and Totodile battle together, too."
"Sure, Professor Elm. You can count on me. Kallifer and I can head to Mr. Pokemon's house and bring this interesting egg right back to you. Right Kallifer?" I replied, and easygoing smile on my face as I looked down at my water type. He growled happily and nodded, as though he could understand my speech.
And this is where it all gets interesting.

Current Team:
Nolan the ♂ Charmander Lv 5
Himemiko the ♀ Leafeon Lv 5
Kallifer the ♂ Totodile Lv 5
charmander.gif
leafeon.gif
totodile.gif

Mirari-from-Sunnyshore

The Fire Keeper's Soul
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2015
Hello! I'm back. I'll try to do a post or two a week. Maybe. Depends how work and conventions go.
Continued from last time…
Cherrygrove City wasn't nearly as far as I had thought it would be. There was an old man resting against the fence as I entered the city, and I tried to sneak past him to no avail. It was like this thing has Whismur hearing or something. He twitched awake as I passed him and shouted, "You're a rookie trainer aren't you?! I can tell."
I tried to tell him I wasn't, but this gentleman wasn't having any of it. He gave me a tour of the city before grabbing my Pokegear with a strong grip. He installed a map into the device before handing it back and shaking my hand as though he were still young and could keep up with my generation. "Aren't I a kind man? Helping out the nooooobs," he chuckled. I tried to force a grin as Kallifer growled at him lightly. I patted my Totodile's head before we headed north of Cherrygrove City, hoping to find Mr. Pokemon's house before any other weirdos got in our way.
Kallifer and Nolan didn't seem to get along very well as we headed up the new route. Himemiko stayed close to me, but she stared longingly at the bushes we passed. A house came into view, and I hoped this one was Mr. Pokemon's house. I didn't want to be here when it got dark outside. I knocked and slowly opened the door. An old, balding man sat at his table, playing with Apricorns. He jolted out of his chair when he spotted Kallifer, and slowly his eyes raised until they met me.
"You meant to meet me, right?" he asked. His voice sounded hoarse from not being used much. "You were not just stopping by here, hoping this was Mr. Pokemon's house, right? This must be fate! Have you… have you, uhm, heard of Apricorns?" he said, picked through a box at the end of his table. He pulled out a picnic basket. "I have one of those trees in my front yard. You probably saw it, huh?" I gave a slow nod as the realization that this wasn't Mr. Pokemon's house settled in. "Well, I'll give you this basket and you can pick your own Apricorns. There is someone in Azalea Town who can magically turn Apricorns into Pokeballs. Who knows, maybe one day you can become an Apricorn pro! Hahahahahah…. Ah, I'm so lonely…," he trailed off as Kallifer gave a snort. I took the basket and thanked him as I backed out this creeps door.
Well, so much for not meeting anymore creeps.
Heading further north, I ran into two trainers eagerly battling each other. Nolan watched longingly, obviously wanting to join the fray. I reminded him softly of our mission before heading to the other side of the route. There was a house with another Apricorn bush and a purple roof at the tip of the route, and I pleaded to Arceus above us that this was the house I was looking for. I knocked before entering and was greeted by a nice gentleman.
"Ah, are you Mirari? It was I who emailed Professor Elm about the egg. I am Mr. Pokemon. I see you've traveled far. Why don't you sit down while I grab the egg?" he said, ushering me to a seat. As I sat down, the old gentleman in the corner stood up and came towards me.
"You came here from New Bark Town? Ah, but you had these three lovely Pokemon with you. Of course. I am Professor Oak," he said.
Oh, I had heard of him. He was the famous Professor from Kanto who created the first Pokedex. All the other Professors looked up to him. He seemed like a nice man, too. I hoped he saw potential in me…
"Oh, and if this isn't a Charmander?! A Kanto starter. Interesting. Well, I was hoping to find a nice trainer to give this to, and you seem to be the perfect deal for this. This is a Pokedex. I've updated it to record Johto Pokemon too. I'm sure you can put it to good use, Mirari," he said, handing me a red machine. It was small, just barely bigger than my Pokegear. This was awesome!
Mr. Pokemon slowly came back over to me, an egg cradled in his arms. It was colorful, with red and blue specks. He handed it to me gently, and I held it in my arm. "This is the egg I wanted Professor Elm to look at," he said, as though it wasn't obvious enough to me. I wrapped it in my knapsack before thanking Mr. Pokemon and Professor Oak. It was time for me to head back to New Bark Town and give this egg to Professor Elm.
I left the house and then my Pokegear lit up like a Volbeat trying to impress an Illumise. I answered the phone to a frantic Elm. "Oh Mirari, this is terrible! Please come back to the lab! Please hurry, too! Be careful," he said, giving me no time to respond before hanging up. I blinked at the phone before pocketing it again. I guess that told me where I was going.

Current Team:
Himemiko the ♀ Leafeon Lv 6
Nolan the ♂ Charmander Lv 7
Kallifer the ♂ Totodile Lv 7
View attachment 75809View attachment 75810View attachment 75811

Mirari-from-Sunnyshore

The Fire Keeper's Soul
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2015

So here we are with another update.
After the Professor's urgent call, I looked down to my concerned Charmander. He chirped at me before we started the journey back to New Bark Town. He followed close at my heels, attacking every Weedle that came towards me. He was a protective Pokemon, and he was also always watching. Himemiko stayed silently behind us, keeping up the rear as she watched the moonlight bathing the blades of grass. It was quiet on the walk back to Cherrygrove, only interrupted by Kallifer's excited growls with every Rattatta or Weedle he slew. Kallifer was quickly becoming strong, and I couldn't wait to use him against a trainer.
We reached Cherrygrove City when the moon was at its highest. Despite Professor Elm's urgent plea for me to come to the lab, I was exhausted, and I was quite sure my Pokemon were too. We headed towards the Pokemon Center when a red-haired boy ran into us. I grunted and nearly hit the ground. "Hey! Watch where you're going!" he shouted at me, despite the fact that he was the one who had run into me first. I scowled, and Kallifer growled at the Chikorita behind him. Chikorita peeked his head out at my Totodile, and the slightest of smiles formed on its green face. Ah! This must be a Chikorita from Professor Elm's lab.
The red-head noticed Kallifer and scoffed at me. "Heh. You got a Pokemon from the Lab too, huh? That Pokemon is too good for a person like you. Don't get what I'm saying? Why don't you take me on in a battle, then?" he grumbled. I put my hands on my hip after tucking a black strand of hair behind my ear. Despite knowing that Nolan could easily take the Chikorita on, I knew that Kallifer wanted to battle his old friend. I nodded.
"Sure, why not?" I said, a cocky grin on my lips. "My starter against yours?"
He nodded, and Chikorita hopped in front of him, ready.
"Ready to battle, Kallifer?" I asked, and a hearty growl erupted from him. I sent him forward, and the battle begun.

Passerby BoyView attachment 75925 with ChikoritaView attachment 75924 vs Mirari with Kallifer the TotodileView attachment 75923

Kallifer started with an angry scratch, leaping towards Chikorita with ferocity that matched a wild animal. Chikorita took it, yelping and returning with his own tackle. Kallifer swiped at Chikorita again, taking him from behind this time. My Totodile was much too fast for Chikorita to keep up with. The red-haired boy seemed angry, his face beginning to match the hue of his flaming hair. He kept jabbing the Pokedex, choosing which attacks to launch at Kallifer. Kallifer dodged the next tackle with grace, sliding past the grass-type with another scratch. With that, the last of Chikorita's HP went down, and he fell. I grinned in victory as the passing boy returned Chikorita into its Pokeball. I patted Kallifer's head when he returned to me.
"Victory is mine, boy. As my prize, I'd like to know your name," I said, grinning. He frowned, the stressed lines in his face deepening.
"You want to know who I am? I'm going to be the greatest trainer there ever was. My name is Silver, and don't you dare forget it!" he bit out, rather reluctant to reveal his name. That was suspicious.
"My name is Mirari, and I'm sure we'll meet again where I can beat you up again," I said. He growled and stormed off, tucking Chikorita's Pokeball into his belt. Kallifer and I headed to the Pokemon Center. Professor Elm could wait. We just had an interesting battle, and I was almost certain, with a tumbling sensation in my gut, that this boy was the cause of Professor Elm's upset.

Current Team:
View attachment 75923Kallifer the ♂ Totodile Lv 8
View attachment 75921Nolan the ♂ Charmander Lv 7
View attachment 75922Himemiko the ♀ Leafeon Lv 7

Years
I'm assuming that I can post my travel journal here for my Solo Run of Flygon on Platinum (I completed Soul Silver last week). I was just wondering if the journal is restricted to only "regular" playthroughs of the game or if posting updates on your challenges are allowed?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm assuming that I can post my travel journal here for my Solo Run of Flygon on Platinum (I completed Soul Silver last week). I was just wondering if the journal is restricted to only "regular" playthroughs of the game or if posting updates on your challenges are allowed?
You are more than welcome to post entries about your Challenge progress! :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 24, 2022
My first travel journal here, last time I played was Ruby when it first came out. Today I started again with Platinum. I named my character Silent, and I got as far as Jubilife City where I am supposed to meet my "friend" aka Roy at the Trainer school. The first pokemon I chose was Chimchar. I usually go with the fire type. Along the way to Jubilife City, I ended up catching Starly and Shinx. They're all level 8 at the moment So we will see what happens tomorrow! Oh I also lost my first battle with my "friend" aka Roy but I am not sure if it was intended or just because I lost lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back