• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokemon Style

Years
Hi all, this is my first Pokè Mod, codename: Pokémon Style
I admit its a rough version, but 90% of what is currently available is working, I promise.
The dept store in E-Town contains an advanced list of TMs/HMs, as well as a plethora of other items to use as needed.

Please, send me any info:
Tips, Ideas, Bugs (I know of some as far as layout is concerned that do not affect gameplay).
If needed I can upload the RMXP project files, if anyone wants to contribute. I myself am a novice, and have been using YouTube videos to help with scripting... I am aware of a few kinks in text and/or graphical layout, after all it is an unfinished demo. But with the right stuff it could shape up to be an interesting game... I do plan to have a story to go with it, as well as continued rival encounters, and at least a 2nd region (only reason I kept Tiall there...) Anything is really helpful (story expansion, ideas, etc), and I look forward to hearing from you, the players :)

**Seeking collaborators**
Got potential story ideas, or are good at mapping? Interested in collaborating? just PM me if you are interested.. already got 1 PM from supereffective on a story based idea, which gave me the idea on seeking collaborators within the community, not that I haven't already thought about it.. just been so busy with everything, I haven't had the chance to post anything or do any constructive work... Gonna be very busy over the next little bit too here, so if I don't reply to anyone right away, I am extremely sorry, I promise I will reply to all PM's asap.

Community Credit:
Spoiler:

Features:
Kanova Region
Tiall Region (preview area) (name subject to change)
Pokémon from Kanto-Unova (not all yet, definitely more to come)
4 Gyms (more to come)
Battle Frontier (incomplete)
Indigo Plateau/Elite 4 (complete, minus custom sprites..)
Dungeon (for Advanced training purposes)
Reasonably leveled encounters (if you train that is...)

Edits:
Spoiler:

Current Updates:
Spoiler:

Future Updates:
Spoiler:

Screenshots via DeviantArt (Sorry for the delay):
Spoiler:

Credit:
Spoiler:

Demo: (2nd Demo version release TBA, prob. not for a while)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3UgUgt8EW5udGFaanJBMVBBZEE/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Right off the bat, the battle with your Rival repeats if you return to the starting town. Also, there is no healing spot in the starting town, either at Oak's Lab or talking to your mom.

Talking to the woman next to Dr. Footprint in Daisy's House crashes the game.

When I pressed F12 to try and close the game and restart it this error occurred.

Exception: Errno::ENOENT
Compiler:262:in `initialize'
Compiler:262:in `open'
Compiler:262:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
Compiler:1290:in `pbCompileTownMap'
Compiler:4080:in `pbCompileAllData'
Compiler:4212

Now the game won't even open. It gives me this error: "Script 'Scene_Intro' line 78: NameError occurred. uninitialized content IntroEventScene:: PBSpecies'

Last edited:
Years
hey, sorry for the delay in reply, I was out of town getting surgery done :( I am home now, and am gonna look into this problem and get it fixed as soon as possible, thank you for the feedback, I can't believe I over-looked that when I was fixing bugs.

As far as the rival battle, I thought I fixed the issue, but, I guess I missed something, as for the healing spot, I do realize I forgot to add that in, I assumed it was automatically done, terribly sorry, as for Daisy's House, I'll make sure everything in there is working fine again too (although, other than adding the item ball for Town Map, i didn't really touch it, but, again, I may have overlooked something when I was messing around...) Not sure why it kicked you out completely either, that's just completely bizarre, but will be looked into as I attempt to re-create these error's and fix them..

Again, terribly sorry, I'm gonna make sure everything is fixed based on your find, and make sure to add a healing spot via your mom as it should be, should be uploaded tonight, IF not* early tomorrow, I promise, thanks again for the feedback, and sorry to everyone else who has experienced these issues.

EDIT: I was unable to find a bug with the contest lady standing next to Dr. Footprint, however, i did attempt to fix the rival issue, now if he re-appears on route 1, a battle should not commence, instead, a dialog should appear if you attempt to talk to him, also, I made a working healing spot via your mom too, and it is working.

Please, download the latest release (uploaded @ 4:20pm on March 20, 2017) and let me know if your problem persists.

Last edited:
Years
The abilities? yea, I was wondering what happened to them myself, they were working ~_~ ..I shall figure this out right away, and begin on fixing it.. according to my pokemon.txt file, all the abilities are now listed (I replaced it with the essentials default), but for some reason, they are still not showing... I shall figure this out and once fixed, I will re-upload. Thanks again for your feedback :)

EDIT: after compiling the data again with the Essentials default pokemon.txt I tested with single + double battles, and it's working again :) thank you for pointing this out, cuz like I said, I thought something wasn't right, just overlooked it i guess.. ~_~

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
Umm...Isn't this just base essentials maps with different names? Also the tiling is pretty bad...and I can walk through the game without getting my starter. No plot in sight either. What exactly is this supposed to be? A test?

Years
It is a test demo at the moment, and I am aware that you can leave the starter town without going to Oak's Lab.. still working on scripting and tiling and other things.. I am a beginner, after all, and I did quote in the main post that "it is a rough version, but at least 90% of what is available works.." that being said I am working on improving the overall look and feel of the game, now that a majority of the bugs are out, and will release a 2nd demo once I have done more work. Eventually there will be a story\plot base too. I was supposed to have somebody working on story ideas with me, but, that person was (last I heard) caught up in a new game.. Maybe I can fix the starting issue within this demo before I worry about making a second release, but I have to figure out the scripting to do so. And as for the maps, yes I kept the essentials defaults in to work off of as a guideline.. I do plan on modifying them more too for originality, I just wanted to get a basic demo out and working with layout/encounters to test my ability on the things I could do.. Now that that is done, I can work on improving everything for version 2. Thanks for your feedback.

Back