• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Shapes of Things to Come!" Episode Discussion

Years
Here is where you can discuss the first Sinnoh Gym episode and Paul having center stage in the aptly titled "Shapes of Things to Come!".

My review to come forthwith.

Last edited:

Caleb290

Pokemon Master!
Years
I liked this episode because for one their was onlyt like one scene with Team rocket in it. But I just hate paul although he seemed just a tad more polite and nicer then in other episodes. but I wish ash could have battled first

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
If Paul suddenly gets nice for no reason, I'll quit watching the show. I'm not even kidding.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
Years
  • Age 35
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
If Paul suddenly gets nice for no reason, I'll quit watching the show. I'm not even kidding.
Agreed. However, I have no fear of that happening. At least, not after watching this episode.

I liked this episode because it gave us a glimpse of a new side of Paul. That kid is still a jerk, but we're only seeing one side of him. He's a jerk to people he considers weak or ignorant.

Notice with Roark, we see him a little differently. He's respectful. He understood that his opponent was tough. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) this was the first time we ever heard Paul compliment one of his Pokemon (after either Geodude or Onix, to either Chimchar or Elekid, he said "Nice job!").

With this in mind, I'm beginning to think that Paul is a little bit deeper than I previously thought. Paul isn't just an arrogant jerk, he's just an amazing battler with little patience for those weaker than him. In the end, he may seem 'nice' at some point towards Ash, but it'll be once Ash earns his respect.

Oh, and I loved this moment... (may have lines a little wrong, but this was the general feel...)

Ean: Paul, these friends of yours? (Points to Ash and co.)
Paul: No way.

Years
I'm going to wait until the next episode before I can delve into Paul's depth. After all, I want to see observer Paul. Heh.

Either way, not a shabby battle and the only time I've seen Flinching discussed. Plus, isn't it nice seeing the Characteristics covered, as 4Kids often flubbed those.

I swear I think it is Cam Clarke voicing Ian, but I'm not sure...

Back