• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my First Team

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
Yo.
This is my first EV trained team. I worked hard to get them all to level 100. Now, don't sugar-coat things, and just flat-out tell me if I did a good or a bad job. Its my first time trying to make a competetive team, actually, so bare with me.

If you find anything that could be corrected when it comes to movesets/items, please say something. Or if you'd like to suggest another Pokemon altogether.

I had some sort off an inspiration to create a beast-themed team. All of them are somewhat bigger Pokemon, except for the last one. He's kind off a pokemon I use for emergencies.

Jacob/Aggron
HP - 280
Attack- 270
Defense- 334
Sp. Atk- 195
Sp. Def- 161
Speed- 115
Ability- Sturdy
Held Item- Quick Claw
Nature- Gentle
Move Set- Toxic, Autotomize, Earthquake, Iron Head

Aiden/Charizard
HP - 324
Attack- 203
Defense- 198
Sp. Atk- 247
Sp. Def- 178
Speed- 258
Ability- Blaze
Held Item- Charcoal
Nature- Lax
Move Set- Rock Slide, Heat Wave, Flamethrower, Aerial Ace

Hazard/Hydreigon
HP - 381
Attack- 202
Defense- 201
Sp. Atk- 319
Sp. Def- 220
Speed- 238
Ability- Levitate
Held Item- White Herb
Nature- Modest
Move Set- Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Thunder Wave, Crunch

Dreamer/Salamence
HP - 328
Attack- 312
Defense- 180
Sp. Atk- 290
Sp. Def- 197
Speed- 220
Ability- Intimidate
Held Item- Quick Claw
Nature- Docile
Move Set- Dragon Claw, Thunder Fang, Doube-Edge, Zen Headbutt

Violet/Haxorus
HP - 277
Attack- 361
Defense- 210
Sp. Atk- 140
Sp. Def- 185
Speed- 254
Ability- Mold Breaker
Held Item- Dragon Fang
Nature- Sassy
Move Set- Brick Break, Substitute, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw

Leroy/Jolteon
HP - 287
Attack- 153
Defense- 167
Sp. Atk- 299
Sp. Def- 199
Speed- 301
Ability- Volt Absorb
Held Item- Wide Lens
Nature- Modest
Move Set- Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, Thunder, Flash

Thanks~

Last edited:

darr123

Expert trainer
Years
It's a preety good start but a fast Ice pokemon would destroy your team you also dont need 2 physical dragon attackers so I suggest getting rid of either Haxorous or Salamence and putting in something else.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
First of all, having 3 Dragon-types is not a good thing. I would suggest replacing two of them with a Water-type and a Grass-type. But, if you're dead-set on this team, here's the best I can do with the movesets:

Jacob/Aggron
HP - 280
Attack- 270
Defense- 334
Sp. Atk- 195
Sp. Def- 161
Speed- 115
Ability- Sturdy
Held Item- Quick Claw
Nature- Gentle
Move Set- Toxic, Autotomize, Earthquake, Iron Head
Autotomize is good for increasing his Speed and reducing vulnerability to moves like Grass Knot and Low Kick. However, if you want to expand your types of attacks, you may want to teach him Shadow Claw, or even Rock Slide or Stone Edge for STAB.

Aiden/Charizard
HP - 324
Attack- 203
Defense- 198
Sp. Atk- 247
Sp. Def- 178
Speed- 258
Ability- Blaze
Held Item- Charcoal
Nature- Lax
Move Set- Rock Slide, Heat Wave, Flamethrower, Aerial Ace
I would suggest replacing a few moves here: Replace Aerial Ace with Air Slash (teachable via Move Relearner) to take advantage of his higher Sp. Atk and the move's higher base power. Also, you don't need Heat Wave AND Flamehtrower, since Heat Wave only has 5 more base power and doesn't have 100% accuracy. I would suggest replacing it with another Special move such as Focus Blast.

Hazard/Hydreigon
HP - 381
Attack- 202
Defense- 201
Sp. Atk- 319
Sp. Def- 220
Speed- 238
Ability- Levitate
Held Item- White Herb
Nature- Modest
Move Set- Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Thunder Wave, Crunch
I would initially suggest Dark Pulse here, but that's only obtainable through breeding, so it's too late now. I would say replace Draco Meteor with Surf since you don't have any other Water moves, and then change his held item to BlackGlasses to enhance the power of Crunch and make up for his lower Attack.

Dreamer/Salamence
HP - 328
Attack- 312
Defense- 180
Sp. Atk- 290
Sp. Def- 197
Speed- 220
Ability- Intimidate
Held Item- Quick Claw
Nature- Docile
Move Set- Dragon Claw, Thunder Fang, Doube-Edge, Zen Headbutt
Provided you have high happiness on this Pokemon, which you should, I would suggest replacing Double-Edge with Return. With max happiness, Return's base power is 101, just 19 lower than Double-Edge and you don't have recoil damage. Everything else is fine.

Violet/Haxorus
HP - 277
Attack- 361
Defense- 210
Sp. Atk- 140
Sp. Def- 185
Speed- 254
Ability- Mold Breaker
Held Item- Dragon Fang
Nature- Sassy
Move Set- Brick Break, Substitute, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw
I never use Substitute, myself. I, personally, would replace Substitute with X-Scissor. Bug moves are more useful than most people realize, strong against Grass, Psychic, and Dark. Then, I would replace Dragon Dance with Swords Dance to up his Attack two stages in one turn. Then, you can hit really strong on the next turn.

Leroy/Jolteon
HP - 287
Attack- 153
Defense- 167
Sp. Atk- 299
Sp. Def- 199
Speed- 301
Ability- Volt Absorb
Held Item- Wide Lens
Nature- Modest
Move Set- Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, Thunder, Flash
Thunder has bad accuracy without the aid of Rain Dance. So, replace Thunder with Thunderbolt which has 100% accuracy. Flash is more or less useless in my book; replace that with Shadow Ball. As far as Volt Switch, if you like to hit and run, keep it. But, thinking through Jolteon's limited move pool as far as types, you could go for Light Screen defensively, or Hyper Beam offensively.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
What Water type/Grass type might be good for my team? I don't know a lot of good ones with high stats.

Aggron - Ok, I guess it would be good to replace Iron Head with one of those moves.

Charizard- So get rid of which one? And replacing Aerial Ace won't be a big deal. Thanks~

Hydreigon- Yeah, I forgot completely about Dark Pulse when breeding him for the right nature. :/
I made his attack low on purpose. The White Herb is his held item so that if I use Draco Meteor, it will eliminate the stat change, therefore enabling him to use it twice if I have to. I could swap the items and change Draco Meteor, but then a lot of power might be wasted due to his high Sp. Attack

Salamence- I can do that~

Haxorus- I'll think about it. But personally I thought that Substitute would work well incase he has trouble with a ice type, or so that he can power up with Dragon dance without taking too much damage. I'll think about the swords dance move change, though.

Jolteon- His Wide Lens ups his accuracy so he can use Thunder like an upgraded Thunderbolt. And sure, I'll switch the flash with another move. Thanks again~

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
As far as Aggron, I would keep Iron Head and Earthquake and replace one of the other moves.

Sorry for being unclear with Charizard; replace Heat Wave.

You could try Jellicent for a Water-type, that is, Water/Ghost for added STAB, and teach him/her Surf, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, and Psychic or Energy Ball. Or you could use another Water-type you feel comfortable with. Remember, this advice is just what I would do.

For a Grass-type, you have several options there, too, but I would go with a Leavanny knowing Swords Dance, X-Scissor, Leaf Blade, and Shadow Claw. I have as wide a variety of types of moves as possible in my teams.

darr123

Expert trainer
Years
For grass type you could also go for Virizion. Thats got me out of alot of trouble in a few battles.

Back