• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Art of RNG [RNG Guide & Discussion]

droomph

weeb
Years
You're getting no results when you search for a flawless? Hm. Considering it's wild encounters, I'm sure it's a bit more difficult to find what you're looking for as flawless. I haven't RNG'd BW2 yet and definitely haven't RNG'd a wild encounter with PPRNG since I've had it, but I can tell you that it is more difficult to find a seed for a wild encounter than it would take for an egg.

Maybe change the IV range? What exactly are you trying to RNG anyway? If it's something like Petilil, or anything else that's a special sweeper, try searching "special flawless" and that should get you some results.

1000 results is pretty good though idk why you say that like it's a bad thing! :P
Oh maybe I should clarify. The parameters setting.

I'm stuck on the very first section.

Lol

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh! See that helps a lot haha. I thought you were searching for seeds already.

I myself haven't done parameters on PPRNG yet, so I can't really help much. It's been a long time since I've done them as well. Okay, now that I know it's parameters though, I know what you're talking about with IV range. When you catch that random wild Pokemon, you have to use an IV calculator to figure up its IVs and that's what goes in the IV range thing.

Say I caught a Boldore and used the IV calculator and it came up 1-5 IVs in HP, 24-30 for attack, etc, you put in that range in that IV range area. So I'd put 1 as min and 5 as max in the HP slot, and so on and so forth. That make sense? I have PPRNG open so I can look at it and help more if need be. :)

droomph

weeb
Years
Oh okay so I was doing it right.

But then I clicked "search" and it completed the search, and it either ends up blank or it gives me an error that says "thin down the IVs you dummy", which is honestly the only two results I can get from it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If it ends up with no result, I'd just try again. What calculator are you using?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I've heard it is, but back when I got my parameters, I used the calculator that RNG Reporter had. Does PPRNG not offer one?

droomph

weeb
Years
Okay, so everything is in order now.

23f3d5c35fb6089b 12:04:01 (+1s) 1104 82 6
cf5be4cfbc17eeai 12:08:31 (+1s) 1105 82 6
27d89023125f605e 12:13:46 (+1s) 1105 82 6

However, I have no idea what to do with this information, even though I've tried to decode the cryptic instructions.

(Maybe try to make it noob-friendly?)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Okay, so everything is in order now.

However, I have no idea what to do with this information, even though I've tried to decode the cryptic instructions.

(Maybe try to make it noob-friendly?)

For B2W2, you need to do at least ten calibrations due to the multiple timer0s. You then input that information in your configuration.

lifeburst

ROAR OF TIME
Years
Hopefully I'm asking in the right place. I just did my parameters and RNG reporter under my profile it says my timer0 min is C7E and my max timer0 is C7E, is there something to be concerned about, or does it just mean I won't get timer0 trolled? I'm using a DS lite and a retail copy of White, if it matters. I had repel on when I did my parameters but I did do Sweet Scent in the last room of Victory Road immediatly after loading the game.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
No, that's normal. Did you do the parameters thing a couple of times? What you wanna do is do the parameters and see which timer0 pops up most frequently. The most frequent one is the one you're gonna want to try hitting once you start to RNG.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Hopefully I'm asking in the right place. I just did my parameters and RNG reporter under my profile it says my timer0 min is C7E and my max timer0 is C7E, is there something to be concerned about, or does it just mean I won't get timer0 trolled? I'm using a DS lite and a retail copy of White, if it matters. I had repel on when I did my parameters but I did do Sweet Scent in the last room of Victory Road immediatly after loading the game.

Don't worry, you won't be trolled too much by t0 in White. Possible t0s you'll be getting is C7E + or - 1 (C7D or C7F, but I haven't seen C7D pop-up yet). Just stick to the t0 that you've been getting most of the time.

lifeburst

ROAR OF TIME
Years
No, that's normal. Did you do the parameters thing a couple of times? What you wanna do is do the parameters and see which timer0 pops up most frequently. The most frequent one is the one you're gonna want to try hitting once you start to RNG.
Thanks Griffin and Musica, after doing what you guys said I found out it was C7E-C7F, and about 70% of the time I got C7E :) thanks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Question, how do I find the SID of my game?
Also, how do I get a stationary Kyurem if you only explain how to get shiny Pokemon?

Last edited:

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Question, how do I find the SID of my game?
Also, how do I get a stationary Kyurem if you only explain how to get shiny Pokemon?

The SID can be found in few (reliable) ways. One is to use the Action Replay code for it if you happen to have one. Another way is to upload your Pokemon to Pokecheck.org. The third way is to use a flash cart and PokeGen. If you cannot do any of these, perhaps someone here will be generous enough to help you. You could trade a filler Pokemon caught by that game and they could use it to figure it out for you.

Actually for catching normal Pokemon, it's pretty much the same thing as catching the shiny ones. You just don't check the box marked "look for nearby shiny frames". So when the seeds are generated by RNG Reporter (or PPRNG if that's what you are using), you will get a mix of non-shiny and shiny seeds (though mostly non-shiny of course).

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I learned B2W2 Entralink RNG thanks to Gonzo!

007.png
129.png
007.png

Magikarp ♂ Lv. 10
OT: Prim | ID: 7
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Rattled
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 7, 31, 31 Dark 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Splash, Bounce, ***, ***
Non-Redis

009.png
559.png
009.png

Scraggy ♀ Lv. 10
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Low Kick, Sand-Attack, Faint Attack, Fake Out
Non-Redis

The Magikarp was my first one n_n took me a while D: But I got the Scraggy pretty shortly after that. :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I learned B2W2 Entralink RNG thanks to Gonzo!

007.png
129.png
007.png

Magikarp ♂ Lv. 10
Ability: Rattled
Moves: Splash, Bounce, ***, ***
Non-Redis

009.png
559.png
009.png

Scraggy ♀ Lv. 10
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Low Kick, Sand-Attack, Faint Attack, Fake Out
Non-Redis

The Magikarp was my first one n_n took me a while D: But I got the Scraggy pretty shortly after that. :D

Cool Mac! Congrats! I think Entralink is my favorite abuse (especially in B2/W2), mostly thought because I personally love having my Pokemon in pretty Dream Balls.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Thank you -- hitting the nature is quite difficult, omg. ;-;

Back