• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much time do you spend on pokémon?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
How much time do you spend on playing pokémon or watching anime or doing other pokémon-related stuff on an average day? I guess posting in pokémon sections on PC counts too :p​

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Probably around 3-4 hours a day depending on my free time aside each day. I'm on the battling server doing some battles and building some competitive teams, and in the meantime I'm here posting in random Pokemon threads and/or seeking discussion. :D I haven't been watching the anime or have played Pokemon in the past few months but I am hoping to change that sometime this month!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Eh, kinda hard to answer. It's been a while since I've actually played through a game, in faction, I'm pretty sure the last game I beat was Black 2 sometime in the early 2013. I occasionally find myself playing one of the games, whether it'd be an official game, or a hack that caught my eye, but I usually either get busy and forget about them, or get bored when I've gotten a bit into the games, since they unfortunately don't entertain me as much as they used to :( I am working towards getting a 3DS however to get X/Y :p

But yeah, back on topic. I watch the anime occasionally, and have done quite a few movie nights over the last few years, but it's not something I really watch each day/week, and usually watch a lot of episodes in single sessions. As for the forums, despite not posting all that much, I still browse them quite a bit everyday, so that's probably where most of my activity comes from, and I would say they make it about 4 hours each day, however not all of it is Pokemon related, so yeah. Other than that, I follow a few Let's Play's on Youtube (well, followed, since a bunch of them have recently ended), but since the videos vary in length, and the uploading times differ, it's hard to kinda put any specific amount of time on those.

All in all, I don't actually spend much time on Pokemon itself, like playing the games and watching the anime, as it's only occasional, but I get into Pokemon mode at least once a year, so there are times where I'll be all worked about the games and stuff, so hard to really say :p

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I rarely watch the anime nowadays. The last time I've actually seen an episode was about four-five weeks ago, I think. I used to watch it a lot when I was younger, though. I was totally obsessed with it. I used to wake up very early in the morning every Saturday just so I can tune into Pokémon on Kids' WB. And on the weekdays, I used to spend hours watching some of the old episodes on Boomerang as soon as I got back from school.

As for games, I usually play them for about twenty minutes every weekend. I would play them more, but there's already a lot of other games on my hands that I need to get done. I'll be finished with these games by the time X and Y are released, though, so then I should be able to spend more time on Pokémon games. :)

Last edited:

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
It really depends. I don't watch the show or anything and I don't have a device to play on. However when I'm on my computer, I spend a good 4 hours a day, normally more on Pokemon.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Depends on the day of the week -

on my working days (Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday) I may spend about 2 to 4 hours on Pokemon (games, & anime).

The days I spend the most on Pokemon is Fridays, usually 14 hours or more playing the games while watching the anime.

On Wednesdays, which I call my "Paranormal Wednesdays" (I watch lots of paranormal shows on SyFy) I'll spend around 3 to 5 hours on Pokemon the games mostly during commercials.

The other two days (Monday and Saturday) I might spend around 2 to 8 hours usually playing the games or watching anime.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I'm almost always on a Pokemon battling simulator, if that counts :p

Sirfetch’d

I actually spend quite a bit of time on Pokemon, however I love it. I moderate the battle server here, which means I spend at least 6 hours a day there and sometimes even more than that. I also browse and post on PC quite a bit throughout the day which probably takes up a good 3-4 hours of my time each day. So looking at it, I spend roughly 9-10 hours a day on Pokemon. I expect this to increase once X&Y come out.

Years
How much time do you spend on playing pokémon or watching anime or doing other pokémon-related stuff on an average day? I guess posting in pokémon sections on PC counts too :p
Good, because that's about all the time I spend on doing Pokemon relating things these days. On occasion I'll pick up my DS to play one of the games for a little bit, but I don't really watch the anime or play the TCG any more.

Once X/Y come out next month, though, I expect I'll be dedicating at least an hour or two a day to them, plus whatever amount of time I usually spend on PC in a day.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Interesting question!
It used to be around four hours on weekdays and six on weekends, playing the games, watching the anime, and using the forum, but now that I don't play the games so much these days it's about one/two hours now.

Back