• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
No it doesn't suck.

Suddenly I get the urge to RP in Ecruteak. I love Johto. I miss Doctor Who's Johto RP. Hmmm... maybe another johto RP is in order... one that's free roaming BUT has a nice background story. I can probably come up with something >:D

*abandons the wizards idea for a while*

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
No it doesn't suck.

Suddenly I get the urge to RP in Ecruteak. I love Johto. I miss Doctor Who's Johto RP. Hmmm... maybe another johto RP is in order... one that's free roaming BUT has a nice background story. I can probably come up with something >:D

*abandons the wizards idea for a while*

Perhaps you should stop making so many RPs? X3

I would make a Johto journey RP, but I already have one RP going...somewhat, and I planned on having the journey RP I made start in Unova. Though...ah, who knows?

Maybe there could be a journey RP where RPers could be in whatever region they pleased, then choose which one they moved onto when they finished that region? It makes more sense, it would be much more free (while at the same time it could be strict) and I think it's a little more realistic...okay, what are the opinions on it? :3 If they're positive, I might make something like that :3

King!

better
Years
I think that that would be cool, but the only problem is that it would be a lot of work to maintain everything so spread out, and if everybody chooses different regions there isn't very much character interaction... Maybe have something that brings all the RP'ers together, like each of them part of a group that's doing something in each of the regions, or a surprise that rbings all of them together? It would be fun, but it would be a big job...

Nakuzami

Years
I think that that would be cool, but the only problem is that it would be a lot of work to maintain everything so spread out, and if everybody chooses different regions there isn't very much character interaction... Maybe have something that brings all the RP'ers together, like each of them part of a group that's doing something in each of the regions, or a surprise that rbings all of them together? It would be fun, but it would be a big job...

Well, it will be a bit of work, but I don't think that it would be that hard. Plus, there doesn't need to be that much character interaction. That's part of the reason New Professor in Town has lasted for over two years. Occasionally I might find a way to bring them together, but that could be the more difficult part.

Though, some collaboration always helps when coming up with an idea. :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I too think it sounds a bit difficult to manage... either that or it takes away part of what makes roleplaying roleplaying. Character interaction. But, in Begin, Again, people clearly didn't like when I tried to make a chapter that forced them to interact :P I guess those kinds of RPs are more like... just games. Where you play alone against a game master. Like when you're playing against the computer in video games.

But maybe you could put in "events", where all players get teleported or fetched by a greater force or organisation and brought to a place where they have to finish a mission before they can go on with their journey. They could be specially chosen or something.

Nakuzami

Years
I too think it sounds a bit difficult to manage... either that or it takes away part of what makes roleplaying roleplaying. Character interaction. But, in Begin, Again, people clearly didn't like when I tried to make a chapter that forced them to interact :P I guess those kinds of RPs are more like... just games. Where you play alone against a game master. Like when you're playing against the computer in video games.

But maybe you could put in "events", where all players get teleported or fetched by a greater force or organisation and brought to a place where they have to finish a mission before they can go on with their journey. They could be specially chosen or something.

That's kinda what I meant, how it also works in Begin, Again. The RPers don't travel together, but some events occasionally bring them together.

I don't know how yet, but it could work ;P

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I was thinking of maybe doing a GIANT RP project where the RPers start in Kanto and go through the whole thing but with an interesting plot. But it would all be connected do the RPers would have to be commited.

Nakuzami

Years
I was thinking of maybe doing a GIANT RP project where the RPers start in Kanto and go through the whole thing but with an interesting plot. But it would all be connected do the RPers would have to be commited.

That's what I was planning on doing at first, but we'd start in Unova. It would eventually lead up to another RP...one that i've kinda been waiting to remake, but I think it would be much better if I had the journey RP first :D

Though, in order for it to be a really good RP, it would have to last a while. Maybe as long as slls81's RP. But if that were to happen...i'd probably just make my other RP in the middle, as i'm a pretty impatient person X3

King!

better
Years
The only problem with things like that is that you can't be sure that the RP'ers are going to be active and stay interested throughout the whole thing. Dx And then the GM themself has to be active as well. I guess with a plot not too big on character interaction, if one person isn't on then others can keep going, just as long as it doesn't come to a complete standstill *coughlikeacertainRPiknowofcough*

Years
I just had a brainwave last night while playing my new BigBang Maplestory patch in Southeast Asia! I'm now planning for my next RP which would be the FIRST Other RP I have created and you guess, it's no Maplestory. Well not exactly, but somewhat related. :P

EDITT: Just some clarifications regarding the RPA. This is to pokemongarnet, what do you mean by Abstain? I've never seen that person before so is he a PC user or were you meaning somebody else?
Best Roleplayer of May: Me AbstainI don't read enough Rp's on here to be completely fair.

Best Game Master of May: MeActually, I know you can't technically vote for yourself but this isn't just me. Id est Damnum Innocantae's Staff. Well, we did recover a dying RP that most of us wanted to continue. But the GM was not there, so we recovered it and are making it work until the GM returns or possibly until the end of it. But it's sustaining itself.

Best SU Writer of May: Me I haven't read enough SU's... Abstain.

Funniest Roleplayer of May: Me Ummmmm, this is tough... Nakuzami because of an outrageous Marshmallow video he linked to. But mostly because his characters have weird behaviors.

Best Rookie RP of May: My RP Full Metal Alchemist: Divergent Great plot and ideas and it has good posts thus far.

Best Veteran RP of May: My RP I can't say, -Abstain-

Most Original Plot of May: My RP Ye' Pokebest Journeye' It's a pretty creative and more or less original. Seeing as almost every RP here is based off of a series of books, tv show etc.

The Coolest Roleplay I Saw But Didn't Dare To Enter: My RP Full Metal Alchemist: Divergent I had too much on my plate at the time.

EDIT2:
Lulz, [Silver] (name changed?), Darkrai's Balloon is locked. RHCP kinda gave up on it... :P'
I left some blank for now. We still have about half of May left, so let's see what happens :3
I think all of these votes, from everbody, are so biased. That's not really a bad thing though :3

Can't help but agree. And also don't forget that the deadline is only till the end of the month so even if you've submitted the form, you can edit it. So do keep an eye out on the corner to see if anybody pops. XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Mah, being locked doesn't mean it can't receive votes :D..... meheeheh.

Also, that he abstains from voting means he's simply not voting.

Aaaand, I've got a new RP idea. Again 8D Well, no, it's from when I realized I want to RP in Johto. And when you guys above talked about a big big RP. This one spands 2 regions, Kanto and Johto. There's a dire background story and a mystery going on. Meanwhile, you're freely roaming Kanto or Johto to catch pokémon and grow a team. Without levels, bam-bam-paaaam! Sounds too tricky to manage?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I've had an idea for an RP, since well, Ye Pokebeasts journey is well...in limbo:

A travelling circus journey RP: like basically, a group of performers and their partner pokemon they perform with, travel a region, maybe Johto or Unova, and puts on shows for the people in cities, or in routes; there's hilarity! :3 Basically, it'll be a comedy RP. :3

It'll continue until there's a point where there is a actual plot to the story; and the ending of the story ensures when the plot is over.

I'm not sure if it should be fast paced or chapter based - -what do you guys perfer?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I've had an idea for an RP, since well, Ye Pokebeasts journey is well...in limbo:

A travelling circus journey RP: like basically, a group of performers and their partner pokemon they perform with, travel a region, maybe Johto or Unova, and puts on shows for the people in cities, or in routes; there's hilarity! :3 Basically, it'll be a comedy RP. :3

It'll continue until there's a point where there is a actual plot to the story; and the ending of the story ensures when the plot is over.

I'm not sure if it should be fast paced or chapter based - -what do you guys perfer?

Sounds like it should be "fast paced". If players are going to interact and such.

Years
It does sound interesting, I'll like to see how it rolls out. :)

Okay, who's giving the thumbs up for a Pokemon Rangers RP? But it's not the capture stylus and all, though you'll have a main partner Pokemon but you catch by using specially-altered PokeBalls meant for Rangers only- Joy Balls. I haven't gotten into plot details so far, but who would be interested if there's one? :3

Oh and my Poke-Tron RP is still open...without much recipients..so...JOIN PLEASE! XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Most things are plausible if it's done correctly. I've never heard of an RP like this before, so it sounds interesting and worth experimenting with ^^

I've never played the Ranger games, but if you threw in a Ranger-ish story it would probably be fun.

Years
Do you think the Ranger should go chapter-styled or normally? But I wouldn't want it to be so fast-paced, lest others can't catch up. And speeding through the whole plot is just too amateur IMHO as one should savour every twist and surprise of the RP, not wolfing it down like a fat burger. -_-

Also, it wouldn't be school-based. It'll be like the norm in the games, you receive orders and complete missions assigned by the ranger organization. Of course, you can interact with other characters through battles(that'll be done either through joint post or sorta) to grow your partner Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back