• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

Septentrion

Evilutionary biologist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 13, 2023
I've been using the 1020 base, but I suspect the problem exists in the 1460. The megastones desciptions overflow, and specific Mega Stones have long enough names to text glitch a Pokemart if they are put in like that. It's easy to fix if you just are willing to misspell them though.

LucyRRoth

Smash player!
Years
I'm a scrub at this sort of stuff, but how would I go about editing trainers when it comes to the extended attack tables, dex, ect. Is there an ini available for unnamed trainer editor or a tutorial for editing trainers that would apply to this rombase?

Edit: we good

Last edited:

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
I'm having an error message when I use Pokemon Editor in PGE. It says:
"Error: 63 Argument 'RecordNumber' is not a valid value."

I already put the PGE INI file in the same directory with my rom and also rename it the same.
I'm using 1020 v1.1 patch.

Sorry, I'm new to this.
I got the exact same problem, myself.

HuK

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
In wild pokemon menu of advance map 1.95, No pokemon name showed...
and pokemon Number is maximized to 411
whats wrong with it?

HuK

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
can i patch onto 0xF00000 ?
i wanna patch 'Dynamic Palette patch by navenatox'

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
In wild pokemon menu of advance map 1.95, No pokemon name showed...
and pokemon Number is maximized to 411
whats wrong with it?
A map wasn't originally designed to past the 386 Pokemon (plus 25 missingnos) You can expand the
1.95 version with a hex editor by following the directions somewhere in the first post. It gives a short yet sweet explanation of how to expand the application.

Septentrion

Evilutionary biologist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 13, 2023
I have access to testers(using 1020), who found some bugs.

1)flash as a field move menu choice is blank(likely white text on white background.
2)False Swipe's effect doesn't work
3)Extremely rare double battles will happen with the Old Rod that will spawn full blown game-killing Missingnos(I haven't technically confirmed this with the unmodified Baserom). I've only ever go it to happen once with all my turbo fishing.

LucyRRoth

Smash player!
Years
Would anyone be able to help me figure out the INI's for Advanced series? I'm trying to insert sprites and something is incorrect. I copied both the ones from 1020 and 1460 at this point trying to figure out where i'm going wrong.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2023
Would anyone be able to help me figure out the INI's for Advanced series? I'm trying to insert sprites and something is incorrect. I copied both the ones from 1020 and 1460 at this point trying to figure out where i'm going wrong.

First things first, the evo stone system in this base is broken. Dont work. At all.

And you manually have to change offset per offset for advance series, not use the 1020 or 1460 ini. Advance series is easiest ini of all tools to fix, its like 8 offsets to change.

To make sure your using the right part of the ini for your rom though, open the rom in G3HS first and make sure everything works, everythings showing up right and what not. Then open your rom in a hex editor, preferably HxD an press ctrl+g to have a box popup. Thats the goto offset box. You wanna go to FFFFFE and see what is in that spot. Should be tons of FF's and the offset entered should be 00 01 or more. Thats where G3HS choses it's ini.

Now, open up gen 3 hack suites ini, goto the right number you just looked up and open the roms.ini in the ini folder of advance series, replace them there offset by offset until all 8 or 9 are done.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 8, 2018
for anyone having A-MAP issues open A-MAP in a hex editor and go to offset D027C and change 9C 01 to the number of pokemon u want in hex

and also mrmoonbeam can u clarify what u mean im in PGE right now and im not having any of the issues u say youre having

But Pokefreak890 dude when I search Offset D027C but the Offset came is 000577F0

o_O o_O o_O

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 8, 2018
Since many people are wondering how to get this patch to work I will now post a installation guide for you guys to make it easier on all you

Regarding Patching the Base

1. Install the patch and NUPS Patcher
2. Open NUPS Patcher
3. When opened click apply an UPS patch to a file
4. In the file to patch area choose a 1.0 fire red rom and in the UPS Patch choose the downloaded patch
and after that choose the ignore option and then click patch it should work

Now regarding PGE

1. In the patch you download there will be an INI that's not named pokeroms.ini whatever name the INI is that's he PGE INI
2. Put that INI file in the same directory as your rom and make sure to rename it exactly as what your Rom is called
3. After that open up PGE and test it should work

Regarding G3HS

1. Open up your rom in a Hex editor preferably HxD
2. Go to the search tab and then the last option which is Goto and search this FFFFFE
3. After you find that put in there 00 01
4. Put the pokeroms.ini from the rar file and put it in G3HS and open it up and it should work

Note : with this program you may get some errors that's fine because if you do just click the play button as that will take you to a recovery option and when it does just type in these values

Pokemon : 1020
Types : 24
Items : keep it the same number (unless you changed it yourself)
Abilites :156
Moves : 511

And that's all hope this helps you I will link this to the op for anyone who needs it
I searched FFFFFE but something other hex code is coming -_-

Magical Carp

Magical Carp
Years
i've tried to patch pokefreak's 1020/1460 pokemon in fire red. My problem is, why does it only show pokemons up to gen 3 in Advance Map? How can i make the pokemon list up to 1020?

Septentrion

Evilutionary biologist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 13, 2023
Fun fact: A happy eevee will RESET THE GAME

I've had more problems but I think this is one of the better Baseroms. I sort of got this to work with my Mega Moemon project. It's basically the baserom made playable gameplay-wise. I still haven't fixed all the TMs.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 7, 2019
so let me see if I can get this straight...this is a patch for whoever wants to add a total of 1460 or 1020 pokemons to firered? because this doesnt actually add them all in there right? I followed the installation instructions but i see no new pokemons in the routes.

Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 26, 2020
I have this error when using PGE and trying to use Trainer Editor:

Spoiler:

I have .ini and ROM in the same folder with the same name, using the .ini from the download. :(
What is this?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I was trying to add a new type by using NSE 2.1, by going to Navigate>Pokemon>BPRE>Hud>PKMN and clickling Status. But instead of the Types Image, it's like a broken tv, all messed up filled with random pixelated colors. Any fix?
Hi, I too have an issue with this. I have desperately attempted to add a Light type to this ROM base patch. I have not been succesful in adding new types with working status icons on the patched ROM. I would settle with replacing ??? with Light but if I put in an edited status icon, then Fairy will change it's icon to "TYPE" and I can't use the same status Icons as the patch due to the issue in the quote above.

If anyone has any advice or solutions on how to add 1 or more types into this cool ROM patch with proper status Icons,, I would appreciate the help.

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
Since many people are wondering how to get this patch to work I will now post a installation guide for you guys to make it easier on all you

Regarding Patching the Base

1. Install the patch and NUPS Patcher
2. Open NUPS Patcher
3. When opened click apply an UPS patch to a file
4. In the file to patch area choose a 1.0 fire red rom and in the UPS Patch choose the downloaded patch
and after that choose the ignore option and then click patch it should work

Now regarding PGE

1. In the patch you download there will be an INI that's not named pokeroms.ini whatever name the INI is that's he PGE INI
2. Put that INI file in the same directory as your rom and make sure to rename it exactly as what your Rom is called
3. After that open up PGE and test it should work

Regarding G3HS

1. Open up your rom in a Hex editor preferably HxD
2. Go to the search tab and then the last option which is Goto and search this FFFFFE
3. After you find that put in there 00 01
4. Put the pokeroms.ini from the rar file and put it in G3HS and open it up and it should work

Note : with this program you may get some errors that's fine because if you do just click the play button as that will take you to a recovery option and when it does just type in these values

Pokemon : 1020
Types : 24
Items : keep it the same number (unless you changed it yourself)
Abilites :156
Moves : 511

And that's all hope this helps you I will link this to the op for anyone who needs it

Hi I tried to open the patched file with g3hs after following those steps but it doesn't work

Back