• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: The Ultimate Black/White Demake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
sounds good but i still can't figure out how it is possible to "simulate" generation v on fire red.....

It wouldn't be that hard at all.
Have you not seen WesleyFG's B/W Tile Project? He's mapped alot of Unova in a today style, and it still looks legit.

Over my break, I had time to graphically change the game to make it more aesthetically beautiful. Here is the fruit of my labor:

81993089.png
91784942.png
32633591.png

Big thanks to Wesely FG for his B/W tiling project, it helped me out A LOT. That last one was a small bit of Accumula Town. Do you know where? :P

Oh, and a mapshot of Nuvema Town. Do you like my edits to it?
Spoiler:

The Nuvema Town looks splendid, I'm glad to see you've not given up and are adding some originality to the maps!

Good look, Good sir!!

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2022
Great job on the thing! I hope it gets completed.

Btw, will there be new sprites for the characters (any of them)?

pok3monfan1

Newbie Hacker
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 8, 2022
I hope you don't give up on this game and mods it four days until a month so I don't think its a revival love the tileos

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Well, once I find some proper overworlds, I'll make a trailer. That, and how long should the beta be? In everyone's opinion?

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2012
I'm not sure if I just missed it, or it's not actually in the OP, but is there anything I can do to help? I'm new-ish to ROM hacking, but I've read up on tile-inserting, pallet editing, and am trying to get into scripting

I was going to try to make a de-make, but googled around to see if one already existed, and found this; I'd love to help

Edit: I can also do mapping, but that is a common thing

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
Well, once I find some proper overworlds, I'll make a trailer. That, and how long should the beta be? In everyone's opinion?

The beta should finish at 4th/5th gym. So It would take some time to finish it. Awesom work you are doing!

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
While no new screenshots (sorry for the people who wanted them, I want to finish mapping before the screenshots), I have a new proposed idea about the Dream World.

Since Black2/White2 came out, the gymleaders have changed and I've been trying to find a way to incorporate them. Then it hit me, the Dream World. Since I am already including the Denjuu region as the Dream World, I could simply place gyms around the region that have the Black2/White2 gym leaders.

Of course this isn't all (as that would be boring), once you defeat a gym leader (since this is the Denju region) they release a flag to a certain Denjuu Pokemon that you have to find, talk to, and battle and capture. It is an interactive Pokemon and one-of-a-kind, and you only get one after you defeat a gym leader.

And then, of course, you'd be able to find other legendaries not native to this game (Zapdos, Mewtwo, Lugia, etc.) as interact-able Pokemon hidden in other locations in the Denju region (just like Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends). And, if possible, should the new Team Plasma (that look like military people and not ye old knights) make an appearance there, or is that too much?

I want to know your opinions about this new idea and the possibilities it holds. Do you think it's good, bad? Any suggestions?

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
This sounds great, and really ambitious!
With the team plasma and dark trinity, theres a lot of room for plot twists >:3
maybe you could make black city and white forest, the same town, by day its a forest, and by night its a city~
anyway, good luck! and I really hope you get help with the tiles >_>

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
errr....this is supposed to be a b/w remake...i'm okay with the b2/w2 gym leaders but since you're demaking bw you should have the same plot as the original bw (in the first post you said.that the story is completely new) ...also what's with the denjuu ??? I was playing snakewood and found out that were there ( denjuu are from a series called telefang something ?) but why having denjuu on a bw demake ? you have to stay with the bw story and pokemons or else it won't be a bw demake... good luck though i really like your project ;) keep it up

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
errr....this is supposed to be a b/w remake...i'm okay with the b2/w2 gym leaders but since you're demaking bw you should have the same plot as the original bw (in the first post you said.that the story is completely new) ...also what's with the denjuu ??? I was playing snakewood and found out that were there ( denjuu are from a series called telefang something ?) but why having denjuu on a bw demake ? you have to stay with the bw story and pokemons or else it won't be a bw demake... good luck though i really like your project ;) keep it up

I think you're right. If this is a BW demake, it should have exactly the same story. Once you finish the story you can add more amazing things to make it more interesting and a biggest plot. The "Gym leader's Flag" idea sounds good to me. Also, you should be able to fight against B2/W2 gym leaders ONCE you defeat the original ones.

maybe you could make black city and white forest, the same town, by day its a forest, and by night its a city~
This game base Rom's FireRed, so it doesnt use internal clock, wich means no Day/Night system.

Good luck though I really like your project ;) Keep it up!

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years

I was contemplating that as I was making alterations to the game and I didn't want to turn it into some type of Sarcastic Prince "completely whole new game" concept, I just wanted to do what I though B/W should've done. And the Denjuu is because I can't replicate the Dream World, so it's there in it's place (I thought it'd be a fun canon).

Anywho, due to the ROM's limited space I am unable to fully complete Striaton City's map. I have all (3 different types) of the buildings, however there is no more room for the bushes, green arches, or big arc. What should I do to compensate for this? A new event? A butt-ton of flowers? Nothing? O.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back