• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Moonlight Version [RMXP]

-Link-

FUDGE YEAAAH
Years
=p i know how my smartness ish spearding! And pokemon moonlights really improving! WHENS BETA COMING OUT!! =(

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
First of all, am I writing for you or not? IIRC, I sent you the PM a few days ago. Anyways, if you want to make the first gym leader, or any gym leader, matter to the player or the progression of the plot, you have to make it difficult. Postpone the first gym so that it actually means something as opposed to just some weakling (who you KINDA wonder how they ever made it into the pokemon league...). For my (dead) game, I used a grass gym leader as the first one as well... but with pokemon in the low 20s, and that's what counts to make a game memorable.

-Link-

FUDGE YEAAAH
Years
well i think that nintendo is going easy on players, i mean on the pkmon gold, the 1st gym leader best pkmon IS LV 9!!! souldent it be at least 16-20?

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
In my opinion, a good game should have between 10 and 15 places/events before having to fight another gym leader. Of course, this would lead to very high post-game levels (up to lv. 75 right after the first time fighting the Elite Four), but players generally make a new team afterward anyways, right? This doesn't mean you're game has to be enormous, though. A lot of game could benefit from having fewer, yet more in-depth maps with lots of events rather than many maps that just fly along. It gives the prospective player the feeling of a world where everywhere is somewhere (as opposed to going to a town, never to return).

P.S. Do you have any of the dialogue written down yet, Nytkoi?

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
I haven't done the dialouge yet. I wont' have time untill Christmas break starts, then I'll right it down and you can do your thing. I am a hard worker, but lazy at times. I can get things done, so don't expet any postponing unless I say there might be. For now, I just need to study for the test tommorow ^_^;;

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
The game looks quite nice, Nytkoi. :D It is sorted out and organized quite well, but there's a few things that need a bit of touching up, but they are just small problems. They are mainly little oddities, so don't worry.

First of all, the title screen looks nice overall, but looking closely at the "Pokémon" logo, it looks a bit odd. I think you should just use the original sprite/image, so it doesn't look so weird. :3

Secondly, the introduction sequence's background... The colors were as if they were chosen quickly. The darker colors on the bottom should be a little more closer to the brighter color on the top. This will add an effect that the colors are fading darker toward the bottom, and not just random shades of purple. Use this if you want. :]

Next, and you should know this, but the sprites (overworlds and battle sprites, the only sprites I have seen so far) need quite a lot of work. But I'm always here for you when it comes to sprites. =D

Anyway, good luck with Moonlight, Nyktoi. :]

Last edited:

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
You just give me a "finished" script, or set of character dialogues, and when I'm done editing it, it will probably look nothing like what you gave me: that's what I do...

Back