• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon B/W American Release Date Announced?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adley

Tidiliboo
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I don't think Gamestop would be planning a prank so soon. Also, they'd have tons of angry customers. It also was said to be coming out in mid-spring 2011

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
Years
I'm hoping for 4/20/11 :p

lawl....

I don't really think it's a prank either, but of all the days, why pick that one?

Edit: Also, I plan on pre-ordering probably in a few months, I wonder what we will get for pre-ordering this time? A Zekrom miniature might be cool.... :D

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
It's a tentative date.

Every new game is given one by Gamestop, Gamespot, etc. when a game is announced, at least translated ones.

It's a guesstimate they base on past sale days, as well as how long it typically takes to translate a game.

I expect it to change 3-4 times, like they always do.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Why would the release an American release date so early? Japan hasn't even had their release date announced yet. Not to mention the fact that it's on April Fool's day...

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Apr 8, 2012
It's a tentative date.

Every new game is given one by Gamestop, Gamespot, etc. when a game is announced, at least translated ones.

It's a guesstimate they base on past sale days, as well as how long it typically takes to translate a game.

I expect it to change 3-4 times, like they always do.
This.They released a date so that people can pre-order it. Is it alright for a mod to close the thread now? (Because I can guarantee there will be more replies from people completely ignoring Myzou's post and mines as well. :/) Or maybe we can keep it open until there is a date announce. Idk.

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2013
Well I've already pre-ordered Black. XD

And I believe the date to be legit. Not only does Gamestop's website have 4/1/11 as a release date but so do the books they have in their stores with upcoming releases. Yeah it may be April Fool's but I doubt it's a prank. They'd have A LOT of angry customers if it was. I think their smart enough not to pull something like that.

I was actually siurprised at the date. It's a much earlier date than D/P which were released late April. Besides, D/P came out in fall in Japan and then Spring in the U.S. why would this time be any different? I think it was similiar with HG/SS as well.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
  • Age 34
  • Fl
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
Argg! I thought it would come out in March like HG/SS........ ='( Don't wanna wait til April.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
Why would the release an American release date so early? Japan hasn't even had their release date announced yet. Not to mention the fact that it's on April Fool's day...

Well it's probably the right date. It could be a business strategy going on we really don't know. I don't see the problem with announcing the America release date when more than likely it's going to be 6-7 months after the Japanese release date anyways.
-----

As for it being April 1st, well..D&P came out April 17th, so this is 16 days before ^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back